“Visited in November 2017”

Alonnah General Store
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Alonnah
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We were taking a short break on Bruny and arrived at our accommodation around 1pm, so needed to find something for lunch. My wife and I both had the 'Burger with the lot' and they were great. Enjoyed it so much that we went back on the morning we were leaving to come home, my wife had a egg and bacon roll and I had the 'Big Breakfast' which exactly that, so much food that I couldn't eat it all. Also they do make good coffee's and hot chocolates
Very friendly staff and the store itself seemed to have all the vital items if you happen to have forgotten anything

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Good value (considering the location), but expect slightly increased prices due to the isolation that comes naturally with living on Bruny Island.
It carries all the essentials so don't panic if you've forgotten the milk, meat, or bread!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Taffy T
Reviewed 5 July 2017

A well stocked, well presented store with an absolutely lovely lady at the helm. I was after something particular, and she didn't have it, but went to the trouble of going through a local gazette to call a local to help me out without making me feel I was putting her out at all.
I'll shop there on my next visit for sure!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I selected the 'big breakfast, and it was big! I managed to plough through it, and as it was turned about to be a good brunch. The others in my group also had breakfasts that met their expectations. Coffee was just as I had hoped for. we sat in the outside area, and although it was a bit fresh, it was extremely pleaseant with direct views over the channel.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We didn't need to purchase anything but we were mainly just wanting to have a squizz inside the store and see if they sold local produce.

We wandered around, and the lady behind the counter was there so we struck up a conversation. Nothing too deep and meaningful but more about local affairs and developments in the area.

As we were staying overnight in the hotel carpark in a campervan we asked about opening times, etc and getting a hot cuppa in the morning. All of which is available at the store.

Thanks to her suggestion, we booked in early for dinner across the road at the hotel as we were told you must have a booking. You only find that info from someone who knows.

Date of visit: April 2017