“True Southern Soul Food”

Steph's Southern Soul Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Dade City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Killeen, TX
“True Southern Soul Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This cafeteria style restaurant is the place to go for fabulous home cooking. The food is fresh and flavorful, and the variety is amazing. Everyone is friendly. If I lived in this city, I would become a regular.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank fabfeline

Hudson, Florida
“YUMMY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

My Mom Jean loves Fried Chicken & said this is the Best she has ever had. We Love places that are Family owned & this is Real Good Soul Food. My sister & brother in law are Chefs in NY & love the Mango Pie, my Mom even got my brother a gift certificated for his birthday & his Family loves it also....This Place needs to be on the Food Network, I think I will send Guy from Diners, Dive ins & Dives an email....Steph is very caring, kind & knows how to cook. God Bless.
The Schulz....
Looking forward to having her Ham & Fixings for Thanksgiving....:)..

• Visited August 2013
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
“Favorite place in Dade City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I come to Steph's 1-2 times a week for my work lunch break. It's a minute down the road and the cafeteria style makes it very easy for me to get in and out. The food is truly the best in town. I get the Herold's Plate (1 & 1/2 Meats, 2 Sides, Choice of Bread). I always have fried chicken and then I rotate my other meat between the ribs, meat loaf, ox tail, fried catfish, and pot roast. It reminds me of my grandmother's cooking when I was a kid.

It's really a good atmosphere too. It's tucked away by the courthouse in a small yellow building. When you walk in you are immediately greeted by 2 or 3 people welcoming you in. The tables are homely with a nostalgic feel of going back to eating a family dinner when you were young. The service is very friendly and they are never rushing you to leave.

I genuinely enjoy this restaurant, it's not fancy or modern, but it's classy, clean and you are always treated with respect. Really great food, great hard working owners, and I hope they are around for a long time.

• Visited November 2013
“Slap yo mamma good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Southern cooking at its best. Fresh fried chicken, collard greens, sweet potato pie and more. Say hi to the owners Steph and Harold, they are wonderful. Huge portion of food for the money. Well worth it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank lisaknous
Inverness, Florida
“True soul food at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

My friends in Brooksville told me that we must go to this little cafeteria! It is very small place, but the food is all "scratch" cooking. The fried chicken comes close to being like my Mama's. It has been seasoned well before cooking. The beef tips in gravy were unctous! No canned gravy here! There are several meat selections. All the sides are homemade from Mac'n Cheese, Collard Greens, Rutabagas, mashed potatoes, and the list goes on. The desserts are also all homemade. We shared a piece of coconut cream pie. It was delicious! the pastry was flaky and the meringue perfectly made. There were all sorts of cakes and pies for the choosing. We will definitely come back. It might not be a place for picky children. I didn't see a hamburger, french fries, nor hot dogs anywhere. Perhaps they might make those to order, but they were not in evidence.

• Visited August 2013