“excellent Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dade City
West PalmBeach, FL
“excellent Hampton”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

On business in Brooksville, I decided to stay at this property as it seemed newer, etc. Not to slight the Hampton in Brooksville, but I am glad I did so.

As prior reviews, can not say enough good words about the staff.

I checked in late afternoon on 5/19/14, and the manager on duty (female whose name I lost), was wonderful.

Hotel was clean, all appeared up to date, and very quiet.

It is located right off highway, but set back so no noise, within 5-6 miles, plenty of options for eating, shopping if needed, plus a few fast food options if youre interested within walking distance.

The back of hotel faces a cattle farm, thus nothing to disturb you and nice quiet view.
As some others pointed out, a little higher price than others, but in my mind, certainly worth it.

Certainly recommend

Room Tip: cant imagine hearing noise out front, but back of hotel boarders a cattle ranch thus extremely quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a passing in the family and given that this is pretty much the only hotel in the area we didn't have much of a choice.
First, keep in mind that there is nothing in Dade City so this hotel was barely occupied. We arrived around 2am and left by 3pm yet they wanted to charge us for 2 full nights even though we were barely there for 12 hours. Upon checking out the system hadn't run the 2nd night charge and even though we closed out the bill the front desk clerk told us to expect additional charges on our card, she couldn't tell us how much, but still told us to expect it. Now, as far as I know, anywhere in the US, once you close out a bill - that's it.
Second, we realized we had left a pair of shoes and called the following morning and told them exactly where they were left - we were told they couldn't find them. Then later, received a call that they did find them. We provided a cc # to which they charged $17.25 a couple of days later. I didn't receive a follow up call and never received the package. When I called to follow up I was told that they had no record of anything and that I would have to take it up with the courier service. I asked them how was I supposed to do that without knowing the name of the courier service they used nor having a tracking #....I was told I would receive a call right back. Hours later, I received a vm stating that they didn't have anything that I would have to check with the courier service.......ummmm, didn't we go through this hours ago??
I called the property and spoke to the clerk that picked up. She said there was a ripped up piece of paper with my name on it but nothing else and she didn't know what the shift prior to her had done and she couldn't help me. I asked to speak to the GM - Christiana Walsh.
Well, that didn't go any better. She told me that they didn't handle the delivery and that it was up to me to call the local shop that they used to track it with them. I asked her if they could at least contact them first given that they are the shipper and obtain a tracking # for me - she said that wasn't her responsibility. WOW....with a GM like that, no wonder the clerks don't know any better.
She gave me the phone # to the place and when I called it turns out they hadn't even sent it there! I tried calling back the hotel but she didn't take my call. I had to call the bank and have them track down the merchant that had made the charge.

So much for that Hampton promise.

1 Thank Audrey A
Christiana W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dade City-Zephyrhills, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Please accept our sincerest apologies about the unfortunate experience you had. Our friendly and accommodating team strive to ensure guest concerns are addressed and we regret your situation was not completely taken care of. We greatly appreciate your feedback and have taken steps to recitfy the issues you experienced.

Kindest Regards,
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our son goes to St. Leo University, so this location is great! My husband and I always stay here when we go to visit & we have no complaints. The staff is always so friendly & the beds are very cozy!! Love having free internet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The staff is fantastic and the beds are wonderfully comfortable. Everyone we met was friendly and accommodating. We forgot our phone charger and it was found promptly at the lost and found, which is unheard of!

Jacksonville, FL, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The location is difficult to find, but the hotel was clean, the furnishings updated, the breakfast had variety, and the staff was exceptionally friendly. The front desk called my room after check-in to ask if everything was ok with the room. I appreciated this personal touch. I would stay here again if I come back to this area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Thornton, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Since 2009 I have stayed at the Dade City Hampton and never had a bad experience. The staff is always courteous and professional, one of the cleanest Hotels I have stayed at. I will continue to select this Hotel for my business travel in Dade City

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Vern E
Atlanta
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great staff and ammenties for the price. Ask for non smoking room. They are converting to all non smoking but it will be a while until the smells are all gone. The breakfast if very good and staff is attentive to your needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dade City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brooksville
Days Inn Brooksville
Days Inn Brooksville
#3 of 6 in Brooksville

Been to Hampton Inn Dade City-Zephyrhills? Share your experiences!