“Very Unique”

Dade City's WIld Things
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Dade City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dade City's WIld Things is a zoo and natural botanical gardens. Visit our Dade City Gift Shop, featuring a zoo animal theme, While waiting for Tram ride to experience a once in a lifetime guided tour of over 150 animal exhibits. Hours of Operation: Tues - Sat. Gift Shop & Ticket Sales: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Offers 'Jungle Safari ride @ 1:30 PM & 3:00 PM (gates open 30 minutes before each tour) Visit our website for more info.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Quiet surprised to find such an overwhelming private zoo. Attractions like this are not seen in Australia . A little taken back by the guides walking backwards to make sure you did not take photos. But the chance to swim with a tiger cub was a once in a life time experience

1  Thank ted58
in 9 reviews
"unique experience"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited here on a whim with some friends over the past week. We were amazed at how much love is in this place. The animals are so friendly, and adorable. I highly recommend it anyone visiting my small town. The animal encounters are a great experience, and its so cool that we can do this so close to home. Thank you so much for the experience.

1  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Being able to tour this type of facility is wonderful! I have been to many zoo's and I hear about rescues and had no idea what I would find. These people have given second and even every other type of chance at a life to all these animals. The things I learned about the tragic circumstances these animals came from was eye opening ! These animals have a healthy home here. Where they care ! I learned so much! If you expect this to be a regular zoo it is not. It's a real rescue! They even saved Cornelous the money fr being put to death because of his hep B. medical status. Cheers to you Dade Citys Wild Things! Ps. I learned that there are only 3400 tigers left in the wild. Our your guide was so knowledgable on this subject. Found out he also works for Busch gardens one day a week. I asked why thinking big zoo more pay and he said the owners of Dade Citys a Wild thing took better care and really loved what they do. That impressed me. :)

1  Thank Blondefriend
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Took my parents as a mothers and Father's Day gift. They are both in their 60's and enjoyed of second of it! They loved getting to experience playing with a tiger and feeding a lemur with their grand kids.

1  Thank Doretta R
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 May 2014

If I had known sooner what this facility had to offer I would have gone several times. Most people who love animals and wildlife don't even know thete is a place where you can actually be up close and personal some of us only dream of being next to a tiger. That was me. Dade city wild things makes those dreams a reality. Anyone that could say a negative thing about them is either jealous or just mean. A truly wonderful experience.

1  Thank Kathi C