Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Spent one night here after a long flight and found this to be ideal as it was only a few miles from the airport. Room was big and clean. Hard to say much more as it was only really a bed for a night. Plenty choice at the buffet breakfast. Would stay again.

2  Thank eck567
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear eck567:

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy our property our room cleanliness and space specially our Hot and cold deluxe breakfast buffet.. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Me and my family stayed there for 2 nights and we love the breakfast they served. The room was nice and clean. We talked to the front manager to extend our stay and she was really nice and accommodating, but on that morning the front desk agent (a black lady) was very unpleasant, she didnt even smile and greet us. Front desk agents should be welcoming. Over all, its was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank expl0r3r500008888

Dear expl0r3r500008888:

Thank you for your review of our property and your kind comments. I apologize that our guest services staff that morning was not warming. We are working on guest relations standards with all of our staff. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel after our Disney cruise. The room was nice, but a bit too cold when we first went in. I was shocked that the A/C was set at 60 degrees. Of course I understand that it was 78 outside, but 60 was too extreme and waste of energy. The kids had to hide under the blanket for a while for the temperature to return to normal. I was even tempted to try the heater but decided to save the earth and not to waste additional energy.

Now, here comes the shocker. After dinner, the kids were tired and ready for their shower/bed. I asked my older one to take off his clothes and climb into the tub himself, as I needed a few minutes to find his pj. Then, I heard him screaming mommy, as he stepped on a big mess of tangled hair, and now it stuck on his foot/toes. After wiping the hair off his foot, I had to wipe off additional hairs scattered in the tub. I was reluctant to change room as we already unpacked. I decided to wash the tub myself, but as soon as I turned on the water, additional hair on the knob stuck on my fingers! That was the last straw. I called front desk asking for someone to come up and clean the bathroom again. Initially, they told me someone will come shortly. But we waited for 15 minutes. I had to call again, this time, I was told that the cleaning staff were all busy and it would take a while, and I should move to a new room instead. I was utterly upset by then. They could have told us earlier if the cleaning staff were busy, instead of letting us wait and call back.

In the end, we re-packed everything and moved to a new room. It appears that the cleaning staff took a short cut and skipped the cleaning. That makes me wonder how the staff are supervised and how their work quality is evaluated?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank T C
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear T C:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. First I want to personally apologize that the the tub was not up to cleaning standards, this is unacceptable and I assure you that steps are being taken to make sure this does not occur again. I am truly sorry that you and your family were uncomfortable. I would need you to contact me personally to try and rectify this situation. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact me directly at 954-926-7300. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

A great hotel to stay before starting a cruise. Close to shopping for any last minute items. The hotel arranged transportation to the cruise port with several departure time available. There was also shuttle service from the airport to the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Joan H:

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel, location and transportation services. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here before our cruise and the staff was very friendly. There was a shuttle from the hotel to our cruise ship for a small cost and a free shuttle from the airport. The continental breakfast had a lot of selection and was very good. The room itself was basic but clean and comfortable.

There is no room service or hotel restaurant however the staff was very helpful with providing delivery menus for us to get something to eat.

We didn't explore the surrounding area as the front desk lady said there wasn't much that was kid friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear calgary_dl:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We work hard to keep our rooms spotless and the team smiling. It is always great to hear praise and I will make sure to pass it on to the team. Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

good hotel breakfast was bad and cold staff was nice it was a clean staff at checking the girl was little rude but check out was very nice the breakfast was cold the orange juice water down water overall it was clean good location just get to the breakfast area early

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Angelo D:

Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad you enjoyed our property and staff. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week over Christmas. I have never stayed at a hotel of this size that was so popular. The staff were incredibly friendly. Naisha, Erika, and Raphael made me feel welcome and really made my Christmas nice. The room was great, I slept very well. Now, if only all of the guests understood what a hotel is. They leave their garbage everywhere. So, I guess a few more (large) refuse bins in the lobby may be needed so they don't have to walk to put their trash away. It is a pity that you can't easily walk across the highway to restaurants. It would be nice if the city put some crosswalks in so those businesses could prosper.
Their breakfast area is large, but remember - they can have many, many guests; plan on waiting if you go down late. You can see that they have tried to optimize the breakfast area (bread and cereal are not right beside the hot food), but the waffle maker is a rate limiting step. If there was another area to have these instead of beside the other hot food, that may help. Overall, this was the friendliest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. I would stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Fitex:

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel, staff and customer service. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
3 mi away
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#40 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
2 mi away
Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!