This hotel seems to cater primarily to overnight travelers stopping before/after their cruise hence sadly, the management does not care enough about regular maintenance of the property. The main hotel building/lobby and common area facilities look great, however our room experience was something else. We spent 5 days at this property recently and it was just so so overall.
We initially ended up in a room with bugs in the kitchen (looked like little roaches). They were in the dishwasher, cabinets, wood floor etc. We even took pics to show the front desk staff! After having housekeeping check on it, we were told that they did not spot them so they could not fix the problem. After 2 nights, we were finally moved to another room for the next couple of days. That one was better and we did not find any pests/insects there. However, I was a little surprised at the staff reaction to simply move us into another room and I'm pretty sure they just rented the other room without further investigation.
The breakfast area was crowded and options were not many for a Hilton of this size.. They had the pre-made scrambled eggs and box pancakes every other day. No cut fruit and only one waffle maker and 1 jar of syrup for over 25 people; the breakfast breads were dry and plain. For almost 150/night, I think they can do better. Breakfast staff was not attentive and did not refill items and remove trash promptly to accommodate weekend crowd.
I gave them three stars only because they credited us one night after we complained about the initial experience and for the property location (convenient to FLL attractions/beaches with a rental car).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port with 124 studios, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. All rooms have full kitchens with a full size refrigerator, two burner stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaste, 32" HDTV and channels. Offering complimentary transportation to/from Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, free high speed internet access, complimentary Suite Start Hot breakfast, Welcome Home Reception Monday-Thursday and 24 hour fitness center. We even have an outdoor heated swimming pool and putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport And Cruise Port
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach