Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
denville, new jersey
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel was perfect for my needs. Close to the airport, very clean, friendly staff. The room was great with bedroom and living room area and well equiped kitchen. I was travelling alone and felt very safe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
atlanta ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I just recently got home from another stay at the Homewood Suites at the Ft Lauderdale Airport. I remembered the hotel from my first stay which was quite pleasant, and with the great rate I got, I was happy to rebook. But this time I had a few issues that need to be addressed.

Lets start with the good. Location is great. A very short drive from the airport and right off the 95 Highway, so getting around is easy. The pool was very nice. Not crowded, and looked clean and well maintained. Staff extremely pleasant all around. No complaints there. Managers reception at night is good. Nice little food selection and beverages. A nice Touch.

Now the Not So Good. Hotel feels in need of some sprucing up. Carpets looked and felt worn and old. The furniture in my room was also worn and dingy. The room, albeit large and comfortable was just not impressive. The leather club chair and couch in the living room were literally thread bare and coming apart in some places. The carpet in the room felt like beach carpet, meaning I felt the carpet was not cleaned in a long while. Lastly, my AC unit did not cool my room at all. I even called on the first night to have maintenance come up and check it out. I had the temp set as low as they allow (68) and yet I was sitting in their dripping sweat. They sent up an "older" gentleman, who pointed at the thermostat and said "It's 68 in here" to which I replied " No sir, I just put that thermostat ON 68 to try to get it to cool down" to which he again said " the thermostat says it is 68" I asked him " then why does it feel cooler in the hallway and why am I sweating " and his reply "your sitting under a light." I literally laughed out loud. He obviously had no clue what he was talking about. So he switched out my filter, and the temp did drop a little bit. It was late so I went to bed. The next day, same thing, room felt cool, but not cold, and moist from the humidity and the AC's inability to cool the room down. I was very disappointed no one from the desk or management called me to see if the unit was working better. I should have just asked to be moved, but I didnt. Next time I will.

Next visit I may try another property if the rates are comparable, or at least make them switch my room if it does not live up to my Hilton Standards.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrick C
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

June, 15 - June 28, comfortable business conference. Meeting room comfortable, coffee, tea and water all day made the day off to a great start. Breakfast was awesome. Rooms were spacious and CLEAN. I will be back:)

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mrfreyre
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great Hotel,very friendly people and they all deserve 5+++ stars however what is up with the shuttle service?
Myself and another lady waited almost 2 hours in the humid heat at the airport for the shuttle which we were frequently told was on its way.
Then on the way back to the airport the shuttle was slow and late returning so I missed my flight to the Port of Spain.
Would that stop me from staying at this place again? No absolutely not!!,the meal in the evening was very good and filling and the wine was good I even got a little extra food because I had such an early morning flight and I knew I wouldn't be able to get breakfast.
The people were very friendly always greeting you and joking around it actually felt like being at someones home.
Rooms were large ,well air conditioned and bed was very comfy.
I dont know what to tell you about the shuttle because during dinner others were complaining also so it wasnt just myself and the other lady that was waiting with me. Maybe rent a car,I know I will.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KARLATX
Naples, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you are starting a cruise , stay at Homewood Suites and make the beginning of your trip relaxing and be pampered by staying at a very clean hotel. The free evening meal and drinks added a very pleasant surprise and of course the full breakfast was terrific!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Catherine K
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Such a great nights sleep we purchased a Homewood collection bed for home. The staff was friendly and set us up with complimentary transportation to the Hard Rock Casino. Close by to some great restaurants and lots of delivery options on menus in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Largo, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Check-in was busy - there was a line at 7PM when I arrived. The desk clerk was pleasant and efficient but too busy to thank me for my HHonors loyalty diamond status. The complimentary evening reception was due to close at 7:30 but at 7PM it was picked clean with no hope of being replenished.
If you're staying here before an early morning flight or cruise this is a great location and will meet your needs. If you're thinking of using this hotel as your base from which you'll explore Ft. Lauderdale and the surrounding area, think again. The hotel sits at the end of the runway of Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood airport, it's very near active railroad tracks and just a stones throw from busy I-95.
There is virtually nothing near this hotel in terms of restaurants of grocery stores. Access onto the property is a challenge due to the never ending traffic on Griffin Road.
I stayed for business and had an early flight out so this hotel met my needs. The quality is just what you should expect at a HWS - clean and well maintained.
I'll stay here again but only for business.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor facing the airport. I found the intermittent sound of the passing train quai...