My children and I arrived at the hotel for a 5 night stay. Upon arriving we checked in and were given a convenient room on the first floor. Shortly after entering the room, I noticed a bug flying around my daughter, so I killed it and called the front desk. They sent maintenance who assured me that it was an innocent bug from outside. He then said he would be back when he checked with the front desk about moving us. Well, I waited an hour for him, but he failed to return, so I called the front desk and she informed me that they were sold out and that we couldn't be moved. She said that she would have him return to our room to see what could be done, but he never showed up. By this time it was too late to do anything (my son was attending a summer camp and had to be there in the morning), so we had to make the best of the situation and try to get some sleep. I woke up itching like crazy but I had a busy day planned so we went on our way. The next day the itching was so bad (my daughters and I had bites), so I went to the front desk to inform the clerk that something was eating us up and asked if we could depart early. She couldn't have cared less about what was going on...she just said that I could depart early. We had to stay until Friday due to my son's camp session but got out as soon as possible. I then explained again to the front desk clerk what transpired and she gave me the managers email address. I contacted the manager because they have a serious pest problem in that room and something needs to be done. I received a very general response stating that my satisfaction was important to them. I replied to her email to let her know that this issue was a serious one and required her attention, but she never replied to that email. The managers lack of care and concern infuriated me. I suffered for 4 nights, was ignored by their entire staff and arrived home with bites all over me! I think I deserve better treatment! At least a phone call to tell me that they fixed the problem. I wasn't at the hotel on a free voucher...I was a paying guest. I will NEVER stay there again and hope this review will cause them to make serious changes in their service and pest control.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port with 124 studios, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. All rooms have full kitchens with a full size refrigerator, two burner stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaste, 32" HDTV and channels. Offering complimentary transportation to/from Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, free high speed internet access, complimentary Suite Start Hot breakfast, Welcome Home Reception Monday-Thursday and 24 hour fitness center. We even have an outdoor heated swimming pool and putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport And Cruise Port