“This Fairfield is FANTASTIC!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Probably the best Fairfield I have ever stayed at. When I went to check in, Christian was by himself dealing with several issues but he handled everything very professionally. In a matter of minutes I was upgraded to a very nice suite. This hotel is a block off I-95 but you hear no noise. The hallways are very modern and decorative. The room was spotless. Later that night I went to the pool and jacuzzi. The pool area is very nicely landscaped and both pool and jacuzzi were very clean. They also have a nice gym. The breakfast area is probably the largest breakfast area of any hotel I have ever stayed at. On the wall is a huge flat screen tv showing the news and weather for the day. In front of that is a nice couch and 2 large chairs with a coffee table. Behind that area is 13 tables and chairs and behind those are a Bar Style set up with 6 more chairs for those eating solo. Both days there were 2 attendants constantly cleaning the area and keeping all the food well stocked. The staff was very friendly and always smiling. I have already booked this hotel for a future stay. If you love seafood, the Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant is like 2 minutes away which is outstanding. One more nice thing...there is plenty of parking available no matter what time you come or go. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nocurfu53

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I would give this hotel great marks for the excellent front dest personnel alone. Just the kind of service that one would expect at a five star hotel. The hotel is very clean, and conveniently located to the airport. It has every hour service to the airport. The downside was the bed, which was very much in need of replacement. Also, the housekeeping was uneven in that they changed the towels, even though I indicated my willingness to re-use them. But they didn't change the used coffee filter in the coffee maker, nor did they give me replacement coffee or condiments. They left a cleaning solution bottle in the room, also. It looked as if the housekeeper was interrrupted mid-cleaning and never got back to my room. Hopefully that was out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were very pleased with this property when we used it last year. So when we needed to come to Ft Lauderdale for departure, we knew we'd try it again. It continues to be fresh & well maintained. The staff is quite accommodating. We found it very convenient that the shuttle is available to take us to dinner, as well as to and from the airport. The rates are excellent. They'll let you keep your car on their lot while you're away. The breakfast is good and it is very easy to get on and off the freeway. For a chain motel, it's at the top of its class.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tuck78
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Everything was what you hope to expect when staying at a Fairfield Inn & Suites. Clean & Comfortable. And reasonably priced. Went to a Concert in West Palm, and this was a Great place to stopover on my way home. I would definitely stay here again cause my favorite place nearby I'd the HARD ROCK CASINO !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SnookDevil
Reviewed 7 September 2013

When I used the phone at Ft. Lauderdale airport, they answered very quickly and said the shuttle would be there soon. It was...They also offer complimentary service to some local restaurants.

The staff is busy & it sometimes gets busy at the desk. They could use 1 more person on the evening/night shift. The breakfast is just OK - the only hot dishes are scrambled eggs & sausage. There was a decent selection of cereals. I had to hunt somebody down to get a banana and milk & the server who refilled it was visibly annoyed.

The blankets were also showing some wear & tear...maybe some replacements are needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kcoombs1209
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I have never been let down at a Fairfield Inn. Stayed here and had no complaints. Room was comfortable and clean, people friendly and the continental breakfast adequate.

I always prefer a ground floor room and they were able to make sure I had that with no problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Overall, this is an excellent hotel, especially for the rate that I paid for the two-night stay. There are minor critiques that I feel keep this hotel at an overall rating of 4 out of 5. There was a garment sizing sticker still stuck to the corner of the bathroom vanity and a loose notepad sheet with a previous guest's writing left on the desk which makes me question the overall cleanliness of the room. Yes, I am picky but as a paying guest, I expect all remnamts of any previous guests to be gone when I get to my room. Also, breakfast was good, however, the first day there were no scrambled eggs and no attendant in sight even though I waited for several minutes). The monster-sized bagels were a nice treat, though. Finally, the internet was out for several hours which is a huge inconvenience for the business traveler. I will add that the internet was restored, however the offer of a phone call from the front desk would have been an added plus. The parking lot is always quite full so parking in the back of the hotel is quite possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business