Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed overnight 5/20 the room was cool and inviting when I checked in. We arrived really late so I was in desperate need of sleep. Unfortunately the AC was SO loud, I had a hard time falling asleep, once I did, I would wake up when the AC would turn off since it was a drastic difference. I will say the unit kept me quite comfortable as far as temperature goes.

I had nice water pressure in the morning, however room service came knocking at 8 A.M.,?!? I got in way late and had a chance to sleep in, just a little bit.

Breakfast was nice as well. I have had such a hard time lately with getting bacon at breakfast. The bacon here was delicious and plentiful, and for that- I thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AStoutz
Gerson D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the loud noise of the AC. Also, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had in the morning when housekeeping knocked on your door at 8 am. I am glad you enjoyed the bacon at breakfast which was delicious and plentiful. Your feedback and comments are very important to us as we are constantly trying to improve the service and the guest experience at our hotel. I have brought these issues to the attention of the department heads. I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you better in the future. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Bathtub has mold, walls in room were stained/dirty, check-in was disorganized and slow and it took three hours to replenish the hot water supply in the beverage area, and then only after I requested same. If I have to live with the foregoing poor service, there are several hotels in the area that will charge me $20-$25 less per day for the same inconveniences..

Room Tip: If you see mold in the bathroom, ask for a different room.
1  Thank BeezleBub561
Gerson D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. Unfortunately we did not meet our expectations nor yours, Your comments and feedback is very important to us as we are constantly trying to improve the service and the guest experience at our hotel. I did forward your comments to the depatment heads and they are working to improve on the upkeep of the rooms and the service. I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you better in the future.. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We live in the north and like to get away from the cold weather whenever we can so the warm Florida weather is important to us. We’ve made this hotel our starting and sometimes ending point when we fly to Florida for a cruise or other vacations getaway and have always been very happy. They have a pool area and although it is in the shade much of the day there is a hot tub too and together really helps to give us an escape from the cold weather we have at home, especially the bad winter we went through this year. We were really disappointed to discover that the hot tub was out of service on our last visit and although the staff told us a number of different stories over the days we were staying there, the one we heard a few times was that the hotel was saving money by not heating the hot tub anymore. I don’t know if this was the reason the water was cold but at the prices they charge to stay there not heating the hot tub would be a really big mistake. There are lots of hotels in the area, several of which we’ve stayed at before finding this Fairfield so if they are going to make this change we can make a change too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colormeelmo
Gerson D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay with the hot tub not functioning. Unfortunately we did not meet our expectations nor yours. Your feedback and comments are very important to us as we are constantly trying to improve the service at the hotel.
I have informed the chief engineer about the issue with the hot tub and it is taken care of.
If you plan to come back in the future please contact the hotel as we would like to give you a rebate or a special rate for your next stay. I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you better in the future. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Simple airport overnight. Staff was friendly and helpful and airport shuttle service efficient in both directions. We called twice; once after we landed and again when we had our luggage to maximize the chance of catching the hourly shuttle. Room and breakfast were fine. Healthy breakfast options available but the choices are limited and the breakfast area can be quite busy.

Room Tip: To avoid a long walk, request a room close to the elevator.
2  Thank kmhontravel

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for work and it was not a great experience. Although the room was Clean, it was small. The two biggest complaints that I had were that the wifi internet is horrible and my tv did not work. They had to come and switch out my tv but the internet never improved throughout my trip. I would rather stay across the street at the Homewood suites.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A_Ruizcalderon
Gerson D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the wifi internet service and with the TV.
Your feedback is very important to us as we are constantly trying to improve the service and the guest experience. I will bring this up to the attention of my chief engineer and general manager. At this moment we are working to improve the internet service and the TV service.
I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A friendly and conveniently situated place to stop over if flying out of FLL or the cruise port. A free shuttle to and from the airport is available and operates frequently. There is a charge for the shuttle if you need the cruise port. Check in was handled efficiently despite the high number of guests arriving in the early hours of the morning. The rooms are large and comfortable, clean and all you would expect from a transit hotel. A limited selection of drinks are available in the reception area and the staff there are really relaxed about you using the communal areas for a quiet drink and chat with other weary travellers. All in all a good experience at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julian B
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The beds were soft, yet not too soft, nice and clean rooms. The shower was exceptional, hot water immediately. The hotel looked as if it was new. The grand kids enjoyed the pool. The desk person on duty when we checked in 5/4/2014 at 3pm was very professional and helpful. The late night woman was inefficient and could not handle more than one guest at a time. We loved the fact that we could leave our car there while we flew out on our vacation. Would stay again.

Room Tip: 4th floor was very quiet
1  Thank 127traveler127
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#10 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!