“Convenient, great find!”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Portland, Oregon
“Convenient, great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Taking multiple trips to Haiti the past year I have worked through a number of Lauderdale airport hotels for the night out and night on return. Some have been awful some just fine. So far the Fairfield has been the best and I plan on using this as my go to for all future trips. Best value for the money. Best shuttle service (24/7). Very attentive and helpful staff, room was very nice, clean and comfortable. They had a lot of little conveniences that just made my short stay easier like a tiny in lobby market, a business center to print out things like boarding passes, 24 hour coffee in the lobby, breakfast on site etc. When you don’t have a car and you are just passing through all these little things just make life easier.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I lucked up in discovering this hotel. Located close to Fort Lauderdale Airport with free shuttle to and from. It was great waking up to a free breakfast every morning. The staff is so nice willing to help you out if needed. I look forward to my return trip.

• Stayed May 2014
philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here the night before flying out of Ft. Lauderdale airport. Took advantage of their offer to park the car in their lot while away, saving the expense of airport long term parking. They also offer a shuttle to and from the airport. Room was clean and served its purpose, but the real deal here is for travelers needing a layover before and after a flight or cruise. Would stay again next time we are passing through.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KangRigel
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed overnight 5/20 the room was cool and inviting when I checked in. We arrived really late so I was in desperate need of sleep. Unfortunately the AC was SO loud, I had a hard time falling asleep, once I did, I would wake up when the AC would turn off since it was a drastic difference. I will say the unit kept me quite comfortable as far as temperature goes.

I had nice water pressure in the morning, however room service came knocking at 8 A.M.,?!? I got in way late and had a chance to sleep in, just a little bit.

Breakfast was nice as well. I have had such a hard time lately with getting bacon at breakfast. The bacon here was delicious and plentiful, and for that- I thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AStoutz
Gerson D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the loud noise of the AC. Also, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had in the morning when housekeeping knocked on your door at 8 am. I am glad you enjoyed the bacon at breakfast which was delicious and plentiful. Your feedback and comments are very important to us as we are constantly trying to improve the service and the guest experience at our hotel. I have brought these issues to the attention of the department heads. I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you better in the future. Thank you for staying with us.
Bogota, Colombia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Bathtub has mold, walls in room were stained/dirty, check-in was disorganized and slow and it took three hours to replenish the hot water supply in the beverage area, and then only after I requested same. If I have to live with the foregoing poor service, there are several hotels in the area that will charge me $20-$25 less per day for the same inconveniences..

Room Tip: If you see mold in the bathroom, ask for a different room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeezleBub561
Gerson D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. Unfortunately we did not meet our expectations nor yours, Your comments and feedback is very important to us as we are constantly trying to improve the service and the guest experience at our hotel. I did forward your comments to the depatment heads and they are working to improve on the upkeep of the rooms and the service. I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you better in the future.. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We live in the north and like to get away from the cold weather whenever we can so the warm Florida weather is important to us. We’ve made this hotel our starting and sometimes ending point when we fly to Florida for a cruise or other vacations getaway and have always been very happy. They have a pool area and although it is in the shade much of the day there is a hot tub too and together really helps to give us an escape from the cold weather we have at home, especially the bad winter we went through this year. We were really disappointed to discover that the hot tub was out of service on our last visit and although the staff told us a number of different stories over the days we were staying there, the one we heard a few times was that the hotel was saving money by not heating the hot tub anymore. I don’t know if this was the reason the water was cold but at the prices they charge to stay there not heating the hot tub would be a really big mistake. There are lots of hotels in the area, several of which we’ve stayed at before finding this Fairfield so if they are going to make this change we can make a change too.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colormeelmo
Gerson D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay with the hot tub not functioning. Unfortunately we did not meet our expectations nor yours. Your feedback and comments are very important to us as we are constantly trying to improve the service at the hotel.
I have informed the chief engineer about the issue with the hot tub and it is taken care of.
If you plan to come back in the future please contact the hotel as we would like to give you a rebate or a special rate for your next stay. I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you better in the future. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Simple airport overnight. Staff was friendly and helpful and airport shuttle service efficient in both directions. We called twice; once after we landed and again when we had our luggage to maximize the chance of catching the hourly shuttle. Room and breakfast were fine. Healthy breakfast options available but the choices are limited and the breakfast area can be quite busy.

Room Tip: To avoid a long walk, request a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,727 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!