“Good Location if you need be to near the FLL airport off I-95.”

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Good Location if you need be to near the FLL airport off I-95.”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is a new hotel. It has all you would expect from a Hyatt House. There are several restaurants (fast food) in the area. The staff was helpful and friendly. The location is a staging hotel for people going on cruse and airline staff. The conditions of the rooms was very good, however the irons did not work well. We had to ask for two new irons and none work well. They offer a daily happy hour with heavy orderves. Depending on the day these is as good as dinner. However, some days they sever stuff that you would not want to eat. Check their calendar if you are interested in their happy-hour menu. The free breakfast was good every day. Note most GPS do not pick up the address of this hotel. Look for exit 22 off I-95.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
blacksburg va
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Considering most of my travel reviews have been for las vegas where we are used to being treated like royalty,I just had to post a review of our stay here.
fantastic property,staff,room,and mgt.
1st as far as our rate,i dont really know where it stacks up in regards to other props in teh area but from what i gathered our rate of about $109 per day via priceline seems to have been a great deal from what my son and his fiance tell us who we were visiting for new years.

rooms were very nice, large,well laid out except for maybe a small bathroom?

breakfast included was way better than i ever expected, weekends it was scrambled eggs with sauage,but all seemed very fresh. weekdays were some very good sandwiches.
only wish coffee stations stayed open longer than hot food,yet they have a fantastic food and bev station open 24/7.

since it cators to ppl coming and going on a cruise it can be very busy in the lobby in the am, yet I never.ever saw the staff seemed the least bit over their heads .
the on site mgr i saw most.....made a point to ask his name......nick,befor we left deserves to have his company read my review because I have to say he was the most hands on, and visable hotel mgr i have ever witnessed.
thru busy breakfast,to helping out at the check in area he there and never once seemed as if he minded being out there on the floor,must be why the rest of the staff there were so pleasant and helpfull to everyoine i saw.
free wifi worked well, large tv made it very easty to relax in either the bed,or turned so you can also watch it in the living room area.
housekeeping left fresh toothpaste everyday, and it was a spotless room everyday.
shuttle service was on time, even used it when we returned our rental car a day early,only mistep was our 1st time using it the driver picked up where he was supposed to be,only the person on phone was incorrect in telling us to wait where we were when we called,but they returned to pick us up very fast. we will definetly book this hotel again when we visit our son again. i also wish to stress again,how great a job mgt and the staff did.
our stay was between dec 28th and we left jan 1st to go home.

plenty of parking,,free.

Room Tip: to make it easy on my mother in law we stayed on 1st floor, curtains were a bit transparent and anyo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night after a cruise that came into Miami. I thought it to be a lovely hotel. Very clean and it was all decorated for Christmas. The breakfast area is very big and nicely arranged so people aren't bumping in to each other. They will even make up fresh eggs etc for you. We walked to the nearby mall, it was Dec 23. There is a shuttle that will take you to restaurants near by. We did have to wait quite awhile to be picked up after dinner.
The WiFi was very easy to access and we were told at check in how to get it. The room seemed huge to us having been on a cruise for two weeks in a cramped stateroom. We did have to request towels as they forgot to put them in our room. And the blow dryer wouldn't get hot. They were also kind enough to let us check in early as we got to FLL about 11:00 after getting off the ship. We took a shuttle from Miami to FLl airport and the hotel shuttle picked us up.
If we are ever in FLL again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We stayed here before going on our cruise. There were 6 of us traveling. We had a very nice stay here. We were a little concerned when they had 4 of us stay here and sent 2 over to their property next door. They were correct, there was no need to be concerned, they enjoyed their stay there as well. We walked to the local restaurants and stores which gave us a little exercise. Just a tip, re-usable totes can come in handy if you have them to help bring items back to the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was nice. The shuttle service was free and reliable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Not at all what I expected. I guess the Hotel is new. The lobby is ok...very sterile. There are two hotels in the driveway...don't ask me why. You have to guess which Hyatt you are in. Fun. I went to the "wrong" hotel and was told I didn't have a reservation. This was after the driver of the "Hyatt" van honked at me and demanded I move from the loading area at check in. Oh...by the way there is no bellman. When I finally got to my room...I couldn't believe the layout. There is a sitting area when you walk in...and the bed is behind an ugly wood divider facing the sink and toilet. Gross. Did I also mention...good luck parking. It's free...but that doesn't mean there are enough spaces. Also...it is a guessing game to figure out the wireless in the room. I finally called...would it be so hard to explain when you check in??

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sharon p
Skokie, IL
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We have stayed next door at the Garden Hilton and we are Hilton HHonors people, but the Hyatt beats the Hilton. The Hyatt is much newer and for the most part the people are much friendlier and the rooms more up to date.

Room Tip: Cruise parking is $8 @ day. F.Y. I. the bus to the port is @8 per person plus tip. A taxi is $20...
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2012

the hotel is pretty convenient for FLL airpot.
the room are nice and clean, the bathroom is very small but with a walk in shower ( much cleaner than curtains) .
the wifi is fast
my favorite thing is breakfast, is not only that is free....is good, not the average free fast food breakfast ( fattening) is really a complete selection

Room Tip: stay in room facing the entrance, the back rooms face the expressway
1 Thank aikyb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,213 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South

Been to Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!