“I Like This Place”

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I sent some clients here and they liked it. So I decided to book myself here for a couple of nights prior to a cruise. I checked in New Year's Eve and had expected it might be a bit noisy; not the case. The hotel was clean, modern and serene.

I most often book the nearby Springhill Suites, but I am totally defecting to Hyatt Place. The rooms are smaller than SS but well appointed and comfortable; especially the large sofa.

Although limited, I like being able to order food on premise and bar service. My club sandwich on sourdough was tasty and reasonably price. My travel buddy's pizza was also very flavorful.

Room 125 was close to everything; king bed comfortable; and sofa comfy to my travel buddy. I must agree that having the air conditioner so close to the bed is not desirable but it would not prevent me from staying here again.

The staff is warm and make you feel at home. It is apparent they aim to please.

I read an earlier review stating this property was out of the way. I find it convenient to a lot of things and if you don't like to walk there is scheduled shuttle service to restaurants and other venues.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife booked the hotel on a recommendation of a friend that was traveling with us. Since most of our traveling party has been at one time or another in the hotel business we thought this would be a cheap and cheerful alternative to an upscale hotel. we were correct on all counts. Nice clean venue with good value for the $$. Be warned though you are really in the middle of nowhere. The hotel has a clean little bar café but the food is not great but not awful and the bar seems to gather most of the travelers through out the night staying at the hotel. There is a sister property across the driveway Hyatt House that offers for slightly more a larger room and inclusive meals on Monday - Thursday nights including beer and wine. You are a $20 cab ride to both the hotel and the cruise terminal as well as Los Olas Blvd shopping can be reached for $12.00. Overall it worked for us for 2 nights but if I was holidaying it would not work for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces east or south the others face a busy freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nigel W
Reviewed 29 December 2013

After searching thousands of places to stay around Miami, my husband and I chose the Hyatt Place and we were simply delighted! I think it's been our best choice ever!
The check-in staff was friendly and very nice and immediately took us to THE happy hour that the hotel offered from Monday to Thursday. Wow! What a ridiculously wonderful happy hour! Great beer and wine, very good snacks, including healthy snacks, fantastic atmosphere. Breakfast was equally excellent!
The room wasn't that big, but certainly really clean and comfy. The whole suite was new and very modern. The kitchen was amazing - one of the cleanest Ive ever seen and with very new utensils. As we are not restaurant people and always try to stay at hotels that offer a kitchen, we sometimes run into some outdated rooms and facilities in general. However, we have to say we were very impressed with this hotel.The seating area was great too. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and NOT tiny.
We really enjoyed the pool after our busy days. I would say that if there was a spa or whirlpool this hotel would completely rock.
We didn't use the service, but they still offer transfers to the airport and the beach and to some shopping destinations. They drop you off and pick you up.
The hotel is just off I-95. You might think the noise of the interstate would keep you awake at night, but you can't hear a thing. Besides, there's a shopping plaza and a 24-hour MacDonald's just across the street.
The location is great. You're just about 20 minutes away from Sawgrass mills to the north and from Miami International Airport to the south.
100% recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here earlier in Dec. 2013 before leaving on a cruise. Room was very large. Sink was in an alcove area of the bedroom separate from the toilet and shower. We had a prepaid shuttle to the pier. When we got on the shuttle, the driver said "OK, flash the cash" and demanded $3 per person fee. I suspect that was to get a tip up front. I did not have a big problem with this since I usually tip $1 a bag for handling. We are considering this hotel again in March 2014 prior to a cruise. Prices jump substantially in March, like $100 per room. Other hotels in area are showing a similar increase. They had a very nice free breakfast with hot and cold food choices. Much more than a typical continental breakfast. I don't think they were very busy in December, and when we arrived before noon we were given a room immediately. I suspect this may not be the case in March. There is very little to eat close by. A Mexican fast food place and a McD's or BK. The main shopping area across the highway has all the restaurants at the far end of the plaze. It is probably close to a mile walk each way, and you have to cross a very busy local highway. Expect to do some sprinting since the traffic signal does not give you much time. The restaurant in the hotel is really an extension of the lobby area. AKA Hampton Inn. They do serve alcohol but for us it is on the pricy side considering it is more like sitting at a diner counter and not a real bar. The hotel sits off the highway in a very private area, but you do have I95 on one side of the hotel. I could hear the traffic all night, but it was not that noisy and would not keep us from staying here again. The staff was very friendly and polite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite of I95.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Had a late in the day flight stopping in Ft Lauderdale on the way to San Juan. Decided to overnight in Ft. Lauderdale. Chose Hyatt Place for the proximity to the airport and complimentary shuttle back and forth. No restaurant or bar on premisis - walked across driveway to Hyatt House for drinks. Sat at bar and asked the wait staff behind the bar for a screwdriver and a beer. We were informed they don't have that, we assumed they have only beer and wine so we ordered 2 beers. The waitress then asked the English gentleman seated next to us what he wanted and he ordered a gin and tonic. He saw us try to order our drinks, we all had a laugh about it - he told us we should order a vodka and orange juice, which we did. Seems the check in personel doubles as the bar staff and are not well versed in mixology.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I travel to Ft. Lauderdale monthly for business and this is my favorite hotel for business travel. The rooms were very spacious and clean, and the location is excellent. This hotel also provides free shuttle service to the hard rock casino, beaches, and local attractions. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights prior to our cruise and we found it to be very convenient and it was close to the airport as well as the port and amazing beaches in the vicinity. This hotel also has nearby restaurants and attractions which makes it even more desirable. The rooms were fairly spacious and beautifully furnished.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway as it could be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family