There's a lot to like about the Cambria Suites at the Fort Lauderdale airport. I was very impressed and am looking forward to staying again. The choice hotel chain often has good value, but the Cambria Suites was exceptional value.
Their transportation to and from the airport and cruise pier was timely and as promised. The entire staff was well-groomed, very friendly and helpful.
The hotel reminds me of the Indigo chain: hip, modern, and chicly designed. It also offers many amenities of the big guys while being very budget conscious. The entire hotel is in warm autumn colors, which can make it a bit dark at times. The artwork is contemporary and interesting. There's a combination bar/restaurant with simple, moderately-priced, quality offerings that don't require a huge staff. Nice. But it's NOT complimentary, even for breakfast.
There a good gym with aerobic machines and some weight machines...as well as free weights. The pool is smaller, but tastefully furnished and landscaped. The hot-tub was perfect.
The rooms were better than expected. I had the low-end suite and was pleasantly surprised. The small bedroom had a great bed with 6 pillows and high-count white cotton linens. There was a nice flat screen TV and alarm clock.
The sitting room was small, but had a desk, sofa-bed, ottoman and another flat screen TV. There were linens in the closet for the sofa-bed. The bathroom was very modern (and CLEAN) with a walk in travertine shower and a square, white sink mounted on a black granite counter. Way cool. And there were even enough towels. The Bath and Body Works amenities were a nice touch.
There was also a cuisinart coffee maker and a refrigerator and stainless microwave. LOVE that!
I originally said there was a lot to like about the Cambria Suites, Fort Lauderdale. I stand corrected: there's a lot to LOVE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cambria Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port When booking at our Cambria® hotel & suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port hotel in Dania Beach, Florida, you can feel at home in relaxing rooms with an array of amenities near Hollywood Beach. Dania Beach is situated just outside the cities of Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, just minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Some popular nearby attractions include: - Fort Lauderdale Beach - Sun Life Stadium - Broward County Convention Center - Fort Lauderdale Historical Museum Dania Beach hotels also provide easy access to restaurants on and near the beaches to fit a variety of tastes and budgets. You can always depend on our business hotel in Dania Beach to deliver full-service amenities like: - Free WiFi - Free airport transportation 5am- 12 midnight - Discount Cruise Port Transportation - Custom Fit, a state-of-the-art fitness center - Outdoor heated pool - Social Circle™ bistro and full-service bar All of our smoke-free guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs, hair dryers, coffee makers, desks, microwaves and refrigerators. Long-distance travelers will appreciate our guest laundry services. Enjoy the best combination of cozy accommodations, friendly service and wonderful amenities! Reserve your guest room now at the Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port in Dania Beach, FL – we look forward to hosting you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach
- Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South And Cruise Port