We stayed at Cambria two days pre-cruise and one day post cruise in January. We've stayed before, and our stay was so wonderful that we didn't consider any other hotel. Unfortunately our stays weren't as good as our stay a couple of years ago. It was still a very good hotel, but it used to be excellent.
The hotel is beautiful, very clean, and the rooms are a good size. We love the Bath and Body Works toiletries, and there were plenty of big fluffy towels. We didn't like the shower. It looks great with the big glass wall, but it was a wall, not a door. You couldn't turn the water on and let it warm up before entering. Instead you had to go in and get blasted with cold water--unless you could turn it on and run fast!
On our pre-cruise stay the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Arsenio. We needed help with our luggage, and it was provided quickly by a friendly young man. On our post cruise stay the front desk staff was less friendly, but it was a busy post cruise morning, and they were very busy.
On the first day of our stay we went out around 9 a.m. and returned after 2 p.m. to find that our room had not been serviced. Since my husband was napping when Housekeeping tried to come in after 3pm I only asked her to empty the waste basket and give us fresh towels.
The biggest reason I couldn't rate the hotel as Excellent was the shuttle service. On our pre-cruise stay we returned our rental car to the airport the day before the cruise. We called for the shuttle, and we were told it would be there in about 10 minutes. It was a very cold night, and we had to wait over 40 minutes for the shuttle. When it pulled into the waiting area the driver barely paused and began to drive away. My husband yelled, and he stopped, but even then he didn't thing we were the "right people" and he didn't want to take us. My husband insisted, and then as we were driving along he decided that we indeed were the right people. Then he missed the exit on the freeway so we had to go to the next exit and go back. The next morning when we got on the shuttle to Port Everglades several people asked if he was going to the port or the airport first. He assured everyone that he was going to the port and then the airport. He went to the airport first.
The worst shuttle experience was going to the airport post cruise. He loaded up the van, and headed to the airport. However, at Federal Highway he turned south instead of north. He was driving very fast--nearly 50 mph- and weaving in and out of traffic. When my husband finally asked him where he was going he said that he had to go to another hotel that the company owns to get 4 passengers. He went to a rather seedy hotel in a seedy area and picked up 6 more passengers. Then he headed to the airport. The ride which should have taken about 10 minutes took over 35 minutes, and we're still a bit suspicious that he was making extra money on his own with these pick-ups. In any case he was risking all of our lives with his driving. I see that there have been several comments about trouble with the shuttle service on Tripadvisor lately. Management ought to straighten this out before quickly. This hotel is too nice and has a lot of good points, but on this trip the bad almost outweighed the good. I hate to see a terrific hotel fall down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cambria Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port When booking at our Cambria® hotel & suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port hotel in Dania Beach, Florida, you can feel at home in relaxing rooms with an array of amenities near Hollywood Beach. Dania Beach is situated just outside the cities of Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, just minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Some popular nearby attractions include: - Fort Lauderdale Beach - Sun Life Stadium - Broward County Convention Center - Fort Lauderdale Historical Museum Dania Beach hotels also provide easy access to restaurants on and near the beaches to fit a variety of tastes and budgets. You can always depend on our business hotel in Dania Beach to deliver full-service amenities like: - Free WiFi - Free airport transportation 5am- 12 midnight - Discount Cruise Port Transportation - Custom Fit, a state-of-the-art fitness center - Outdoor heated pool - Social Circle™ bistro and full-service bar All of our smoke-free guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs, hair dryers, coffee makers, desks, microwaves and refrigerators. Long-distance travelers will appreciate our guest laundry services. Enjoy the best combination of cozy accommodations, friendly service and wonderful amenities! Reserve your guest room now at the Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port in Dania Beach, FL – we look forward to hosting you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South And Cruise Port
- Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach