Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Top notch, free, well organized shuttle to the cruise ships. Very, very nice and helpful front desk staff. Good location for the airport and cruise port but a bit far from Ft Lauderdale beach. The little informal bistro in the hotel had surprisingly great food. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have stayed at the Cambria Suites 3 times as we cruise a lot out of Ft. Lauderdale. Nice, clean hotel. Everyone is friendly. Has a small restaurant, coffee bar, beverage bar, pool and lots of parking-both short term and long term for those who cruise.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights when we came over to visit the Hard Rock and were very pleasantly surprised. Nice property, upscale and modern decor in our suite, pool and hot tub were nice and clean and the rates were just right for our budget. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was them wanting $10 for a "breakfast bar" that was little more than a continental breakfast you would find for free and any lower end motels. We went out to breakfast instead. I mean if you're gonna pay the money you should at least get more than toast, fruit and cold eggs... The hotel itself is tucked away off the main road and was a little hard to find when we first arrived. But we will definitely stay here again next time we visit.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laurenichole
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Apparently this hotel is big with the cruise ship crowd. Less than 10 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale international airport, it is handy for layover that I had here. Free Shuttle, and handy to the highway. I didn't know that I would get this on Priceline and was refreshingly surprised to find that it was ranked number three of the hotels in the area on trip advisor. A deserving rank. I arrived at 1 PM and desk clerk/sales manager was very accommodating. He found me a room that was available and accommodated my request for something higher up and facing the pool and not the highway. The lobby area it means well appointed and very pleasant. There are two computers available with the printer for boarding passes. There is a restaurant and also bar with drinks; I saw people enjoying these but I did not partake. Although when I came into the hotel around 8 PM there was a heavy smell of hamburger grease.

My room was clean, quiet, and well appointed (very comfortable bed with an assortment of pillows of different softness and hardness like, large screen TV for the sleeping area and large screen TV for the living suite area, very nice work area with lots of outlets, decent coffee in the room and other nice amenities, nice large shower) Air-conditioner The room very cool, actually too cool and I had difficulty with control so I just unplugged for the night and everything was fine. The pool and hot tub area looked nice from my room, although I did not partake, I saw a guy enjoying the area smoking a cigarette drinking his coffee out there both at dusk and dawn.

My one suggestion would be that would be nice if there were outlets easily accessible at the bedside; a lot of hotels have lamps that have electrical outlets in them. This one didn't. I would definitely stay here again recommended.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank knight_w_o_armor
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently stayed at this lovely hotel during the 4th of July weekend and was truly impressed. The front desk employees were very accommodating. Prior to arriving I spoke with Raphael and he was very courteous. Upon check out I was greeted by a lovely young lady (I cannot remember her name) but, I must say she was extremely pleasant.

The room was immaculate and very spacious. The cleanliness of a room is also a great concern I have when traveling. The room assigned exceeded my expectations. I did not dine at the hotel so unfortunately, I don't have any feedback in that regard. I am truly looking forward to returning and telling others of my stay at Cambria.

Regards,

The Lightbournes

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had a cruise out of Port of Miami, but we like Ft. Lauderdale airport so we stayed at Cambria Suites before and after our cruise. This hotel had a free shuttle to and from the airport. The shuttle was prompt and the drivers polite. The shuttle will also take you to the Ft. Lauderdale port, but we took SAS transport to the Port of Miami, only $15 per person, great ride. The hotel has a good restaurant, latte station, and bar-- all were reasonably priced. The staff was wonderful and the beds very comfortable. I look forward to staying here on our next cruise.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Binny04
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel was nice. It had very nice decor. He rrom was very spacious and clean. The location is deceiving because it is located right off the main highway and can be difficult to find. It does not offer the typical choice amenities such as free breakfast. The breakfast was 10 bucks a day. Also i am a choice gold member which allows you to have a late checkout up until 2pm but this hotel does not typically allow it, they did on this stay allow us to stay until 1pm. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple