I have stayed 3-4 nights per week at this particular Hyatt every week for 3 months. It is a fantastic hotel for business, although I can see where other reviewers are correct that its not ideal for a vacation hotel. From the perspective of Ft. Lauderdale vacation needs, its a long way to the beach, malls, etc.
The hotel has amazingly comfortable beds and a surprisingly comfortable couch. The kitchen is very functional for one person, and would be fine for a family of 4 to 6. It has all the comforts of home, including a full-size refrigerator, a range, microwave/convection oven and a dishwasher.
The free breakfasts and the evening happy hour are a nice plus, and the gym is full of quality equipment and is open 24 hours. The hotel even has a laundry room for doing one's laundry (coin-operated). Haven't used the pool, but it seems big enough (although given its location, it is likely in shade during most of the afternoon).
There are a multitude of decent restaurants nearby, some within walking distance, but most are a quick drive. There is also a small cafe in the Hyatt Place across the street.
A couple of caveats:
1. Most rooms do not have a desk. However, there is a kitchen table as well as a barstool/kitchen counter combination that functions just fine for me.
2. The 6th Floor suffers from a tremendous lack of water pressure in the shower. Avoid this floor if you can help it.
3. Cell phone reception within the rooms on the south side of the building (highest number rooms) is a bit sketchy for me with Verizon, but the other 3 sides get fine coverage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport-South hotel is located near Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (free shuttle), Port Everglades Cruise Port (shuttle available) and Broward County Convention Center. The hotel is situated minutes from breathtaking beaches, pristine golf courses and a large variety of shops and restaurants. Spacious suites include separate living, work, kitchen and bedroom areas. Hotel amenities include complimentary full breakfast, evening social, guest market, fitness center, pool, complimentary Internet, and complimentary parking (less than 7 nights). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport South Hotel Dania Beach