“Exceeded Our Expectations!”

HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I chose this hotel after reading all the positive reviews about this hotel. Also we received a rate of $116 per night with our AAA discount. We stayed her before our cruise left the next day. Once we got our luggage at the airport I called for the shuttle and it was there to pick us up within 15 mins. This motel was nicer than I even could have imagined! We were going to go out for supper but the room was so nice we decided to order in and enjoy the room more. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast we had in the morning was as good as any breakfast we had on the cruise ship. I HOPE my travels take me back to southern Florida so I can stay at this hotel again! I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 24 November 2010

This was a priceline steal. Last minute and got a great rate. This hotel is really exceptional. The rooms are very beautiful and clean and the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in, I am totally checking the tags on the linens so I can purchase them for my home! The breakfast was great, hot and cold items. I missed the dinner that is provided free Monday through Thursday, but there is a menu posted in the room and it looks great. Sorry I missed the Thai lettuce wraps last night! The only reason that I gave it four stars for sleep is that there is a small amount of "water noise" when people are showering, etc. It did briefly wake me.I thought the sink was on. The couch in the living area is very comfy and big enough for two good sized children, although probably only one teenager or adult. There is no separate bedroom, but the sleeping areas are somewhat divided. Bathroom and kitchen are lovely and they provide free grocery shopping if you need things picked up. I would definitely stay here again. The gym is very nice as well.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Pre cruise stay and it was excellent. Very professional and helpful personnel and would recommend it to anyone. Great happy hour and breakfast and exceptionally clean. Most of all the very helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My husband, son and I visited Fort Lauderdale for the International Boat Show in Oct 2010 and stayed here for 2 nights. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel is very new. They included a complimentary hot breakfast and a "social night", which included free wine, beer and soft drinks plus nibblies.
The room is a suite - with a Kingsize bed and a safa bed for our son. Free wi-fi and free parking were just icing on the cake. It is also very close to a shopping centre and fast food outlets (great for an 11 year old) and some wonderful restaurants.
I would return to this hotel anytime. It was just lovely!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank rosebank1
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here before we left for our honeymoon cruise. It was so wonderful! The room has everything you need! For budget-travelers or families, these rooms are quite roomy and have a nice kitchen. This means, making food instead of going out. The free breakfast in the morning was also quite tasty. The hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport, but unfortunately not one to the port of Miami. It was still nicer to stay here than others that offered the free shuttle service.

The location of the hotel is nice because it is isolated from the main street. It is a short walk to Barnes and Noble, McDonalds, Chipotle, Jack in the Box, and Kmart. I wish there was a grocery store within walking distance, but that is okay.

The employees were very nice and the shuttle driver who picked us up at 5 am was so personable! My only complaint is Florida driving is crazy and hazardous, but that has nothing to do with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aeneriz
Reviewed 18 October 2010

When we checked in it was 9:30 am and they had my room ready. I was so happy because we had just got off the cruise ship and I was tired. I had to return my car back to the airport on Friday and they came and picked me up. The following morning the shuttle was waiting to take us to the airport for our flight. The staff was excellent. I loved it there. I wish I could have stayed a few more days.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I'm not one of those reviewers who writes here only if something bad happens. Most of my reviews are positive. There is a lot that is good about this property and I wish I could give it 4 stars or higher, but I can't in good conscious after being so frustrated and irritable over an incident that came from either incompetence or just not caring about a guest.

My issue was simple and routine. I needed the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. It's the main reason I choose this property, because it's near the airport and had a shuttle.

My flight arrived at the airport just after 10pm and I called the hotel for the shuttle. I was told it would be there "in no more than 15 minutes." 30 minutes passed and after watching the Best Western, Hilton, Hampton Inn and other shuttles stop by at least twice each, I called again. I was told "the driver is on his way." Another 15 minutes passed and the Hyatt shuttle finally arrived.

So either they didn't dispatch the shuttle or the driver decided not to bother with me.

When I arrived at the hotel at 11pm (god, I could've WALKED to the hotel in less time), the desk agent upgraded me to a king room as some kind of apology. An upgrade didn't mean anything to me. I just needed a good night's sleep for an early morning flight. I didn't care if I slept in a king bed or a twin.

The hotel looked rather nice in a modern, clean, extended-stay kind of way. Think of a typical Courtyard but maybe one notch nicer. There was no chance to enjoy any of the amenities since I arrived so late there. When it's late at night and you're tired and you're angry over the hotel's incompetence, it doesn't matter how nice the hotel looks. You're just angry.

You might get lucky and not have the same problem I had and have a good experience, but I just can't leave a good review. Sorry.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#13 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!