Motel 6 Dania Beach
SleepInn
US$122
US$110
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsbasic accommodationshardwood floorssmall roomwould stay againrooms are nicehollywood
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The new rooms look nice and the location very good. Hollywood area is one of my favorite vacation spots.
The room service in its hotel is terrible. I was 5 days there. Never put towels in my room. I mean it: never. The answer given? I'm sorry for the inconvenience. One night, as all I went to the reception to ask for them and all they had were the towels they use for the bathroom floor. I had to use them to dry my body!!!. The answer? It's all we have right now. I'm sorry. The room was hardly cleaned. They did not take an empty pizza box, the bed was done just once. Terrible. Expensive for the service. They offer a microwave in the vending machines area, but the smell and dirtyness made it impossible to use. Clients dry the clothes they wash in the hallways! Bad administration. It's a shame! The location is good.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Mapaulinavet
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Check in was quick and easy at 3am. Hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. My room was on the second floor and had by remodeled. Room smelled strongly of fresh paint. The remote control did not work for the TV and the sheets on the bed as scratchy as sandpaper. Room was barely ok for one night at $69 per night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank drew_106
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Ok this place actually was ok at first, if you dont consider the loud noise from construction, the crazy number of drud dealers that practically run to you so you by there crack before anyone else`s. By the way they did remodel some of the rooms but its still a slum. No matter how much you polish a turd, its still a turd. The employees for the most part are extremely lazy, on the other hand a few of them were very nic and extremely helpful, you know who you are....thank you...if you stay there you better not complain about any issues with your room. They wont do anything.........,at all. The front desk wont even answer the phone after the manager leaves. Ohh, make sure you dont have to use phone because it probably wont work. They have this imaginary "Do not rent List" if you complain about anything the next time you go to ths office and pay for another day....They inform you that they cant rent to you anymor. Numerous times I asked to see in writing what ( disturbance I cause. Well they can show you the list or why you are on it......,they say its Classified. .Anyway tune in tomorrow for another installment of Motel 6, Dania beach, fl its

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank stevo4307
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I did not have high expectations for Motel 6 after reading the reviews. Pleasantly when I arrived the property was undergoing renovations and I was place in one of the already renovated rooms. At first glance the room appeared clean, however, some attention need to be placed on the clear handle of the shower in rm#281. In my opinion this is an easy fix and made me unsettled about the cleanliness of the room as a whole. Based on the previous reviews, I made sure to carry my own towel and wash rag, great decision as I found hair on almost all the towels that they provided. Again, attention to details, I wasn't really looking but it was obviously there.

On more than one occasions I observed small roaches in the bathroom, possibly due to the neighboring renovations but I cannot be sure. Staff were so-so, nothing to write home about. The TV on the wall looked nice but the cable quality was poor.

Overall, if you are on a budget Motel 6 is an ok choice, just keep in mind that its no 5 star hotel. I will consider returning only because the room itself was comfortable, wish the room had a fridge & microwave though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sjar38
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The phone in my room was dead. Also I thought that wifi connection should have been complimentary. This was the first time I have stayed at a hotel to find out that wifi was an extra fee. And because I needed to access wifi in two different devices, I needed to separate wifi codes. It was ridiculous

At 2 am, I saw a cockroach climb up to the ceiling and I had to kill it. I did not view Motel 6 as a roach motel. I was extremely disappointed. Also my phone line was completely dead and the maintenance men indicated that they were past their knock off time. When I returned to the reception area to ask to be relocated to a different room as instructed by the maintenance men, I was informed that there were no available rooms

Also, I was a little put off by the smell in the room. Upon entering the room, I thought i was mistakenly placed in a smoking room. There was a weird odor.

I was never informed of the check-out time by reception nor was it located anywhere in the room. Due to my room phone being unavailable, I had to go back to the reception area to ask.

Had I not prepaid for the room online, I would have cancelled my reservation! It was not an enjoyable experience and not one I ever plan to repeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank CDRD87
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Dania Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear CDRD87, Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay
you had as a result of the odor and maintenance issues you experienced. These conditions are
not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our
Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us
provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.