Motel 6 Dania Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Pirates Inn(Dania Beach)
View Hotel
Fero's Court Motel(Dania Beach)
Sunshine Motel(Hollywood)
The Desoto Inn(Hollywood)
Ocean Inn(Hollywood)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbasic accommodationshardwood floorssmall roomwould stay againrooms are nicehollywood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Your manager, BLAKE, when he remembered me from my complaints of my previous visit, instantly and seemingly arbitrarily decided I could not have my sales merchandise, already in transit, delivered to the motel, despite many other packages lying around and UPS bring in more packages as I watched on, and despite this being my normal routine at all my other stays at this property.
This caused me to lose three-days of sales activity as I had to go to the local post office many times to beg them to look for my boxes marked for "return to sender" and not return my sales boxes to NY.
Only the terrific help and sacrifice by two USPS Postel Agents at the DANIA POST OFFICE, namely ELENORE FRANKLIN and MARY JO, tracking down my packages, at least once daily after being refused by BLAKE et al, thus saving them from being sent back to NY, which would have meant me aborting this long-planned sales trip and all the related expense, which was into the thousands of dollars of expense to me.

Then as in my last visit, sheets were seldom changed, as housekeepers would just pull up, bed spreads and declare room cleaned.
I tried to alert the front desk that it had been 10, ( TEN ),days since my bed linen had been changed and was told they would give me sheets and I "can do it myself"
"
This was also an issue from the last visit as sheets were rarely changed and seemingly no leadership was visually apparent over the housekeeping staff and while BLAKE would ignore these major health and cleanliness issues, some new employees came on board and promised to see to it that rooms were cleaned, and linens changed according to Motel 6 guidelines.

DISGRACEFUL to say the least!!!

MOTEL without an active manager is the way I again saw it, and he was personally vindictive to me as well!!

Location is perfect for me, but I cannot go back if the same inept manager is still 'playing' in the main lobby

Wi Fi there is sporadic at best, and I went four to five days during one stretch without being able to go online and sadly had to pay the daily Wi Fi charges to try to get online.

A plus, the rooms were all recently refurbished and this could be a decent sleep over but not sailing on it's on course.

Room Tip: all rooms have been redone so if there is service the rooms are small but fine
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kingresume
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The new rooms look nice and the location very good. Hollywood area is one of my favorite vacation spots.
The room service in its hotel is terrible. I was 5 days there. Never put towels in my room. I mean it: never. The answer given? I'm sorry for the inconvenience. One night, as all I went to the reception to ask for them and all they had were the towels they use for the bathroom floor. I had to use them to dry my body!!!. The answer? It's all we have right now. I'm sorry. The room was hardly cleaned. They did not take an empty pizza box, the bed was done just once. Terrible. Expensive for the service. They offer a microwave in the vending machines area, but the smell and dirtyness made it impossible to use. Clients dry the clothes they wash in the hallways! Bad administration. It's a shame! The location is good.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Mapaulinavet
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Check in was quick and easy at 3am. Hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. My room was on the second floor and had by remodeled. Room smelled strongly of fresh paint. The remote control did not work for the TV and the sheets on the bed as scratchy as sandpaper. Room was barely ok for one night at $69 per night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank drew_106
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Ok this place actually was ok at first, if you dont consider the loud noise from construction, the crazy number of drud dealers that practically run to you so you by there crack before anyone else`s. By the way they did remodel some of the rooms but its still a slum. No matter how much you polish a turd, its still a turd. The employees for the most part are extremely lazy, on the other hand a few of them were very nic and extremely helpful, you know who you are....thank you...if you stay there you better not complain about any issues with your room. They wont do anything.........,at all. The front desk wont even answer the phone after the manager leaves. Ohh, make sure you dont have to use phone because it probably wont work. They have this imaginary "Do not rent List" if you complain about anything the next time you go to ths office and pay for another day....They inform you that they cant rent to you anymor. Numerous times I asked to see in writing what ( disturbance I cause. Well they can show you the list or why you are on it......,they say its Classified. .Anyway tune in tomorrow for another installment of Motel 6, Dania beach, fl its

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank stevo4307
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I did not have high expectations for Motel 6 after reading the reviews. Pleasantly when I arrived the property was undergoing renovations and I was place in one of the already renovated rooms. At first glance the room appeared clean, however, some attention need to be placed on the clear handle of the shower in rm#281. In my opinion this is an easy fix and made me unsettled about the cleanliness of the room as a whole. Based on the previous reviews, I made sure to carry my own towel and wash rag, great decision as I found hair on almost all the towels that they provided. Again, attention to details, I wasn't really looking but it was obviously there.

On more than one occasions I observed small roaches in the bathroom, possibly due to the neighboring renovations but I cannot be sure. Staff were so-so, nothing to write home about. The TV on the wall looked nice but the cable quality was poor.

Overall, if you are on a budget Motel 6 is an ok choice, just keep in mind that its no 5 star hotel. I will consider returning only because the room itself was comfortable, wish the room had a fridge & microwave though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple