“Okay stay, nothing great or horrible about it”

Motel 6 Dania Beach
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Calgary, Canada
“Okay stay, nothing great or horrible about it”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Recently stayed for one night, pre-cruise. We arrived at 1:00 am and the front desk staff was pleasant. The room was relatively clean, although parts of it looked like it was in dire need of maintenance. The bed was comfortable, but the air conditioner was struggling to keep up. We ended up sleeping with just sheets covering us, and we left quickly when we got up in the morning. Location is it's strong point.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AaronP929

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kenilworth, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

On March 9,2014 I checked into this Motel 6 in Dania Beach Florida at 2pm. Upon being escorted to my room which was located on the parking lot side of the two story building, I passed by the pool. The site I beheld was ABSOLUTELEY NAUSEATING !!
There were 30 "guests" on the balcony.. In the pool, surrounding the pool drinking open containers of liquor, yelling foul language and generally making a nuisance of themselves!
There were also very young kids in the pool with no undergarments , to prevent leaking urine into the pool.
Upon witnessing this outrageous display I decided I would never use the pool for fear of contracting a contagious desease!!!
I was give room 224 on the 2nd floor away from the chaos of the pool area, and during those 23 NIGHTS in my room there was CONSTANT NOISE from rooms all over the motel. Loud arguments.. Loud music.. Loud parties.. Both in the rooms and out on the balcony.
Some arguments were so violent that the police were called on two occasions. A Broward county sheriffs officer who asked me where I was staying offered his condolences. I assumed from that that they were called to this Motel 6 constantly to deal with the noise and overriding smell of Pot on the premises. It permeated the entire motel.
I feel that my 23 day vacation would have been more enjoyable had I spent it in a Maximum security Prison!!!
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD anyone STAY AT THIS MOTEL!! The only reason to stay here is if they are kidnapped and held for ransom at this outrageous HELL HOLE DUMP!!!! RUN AWAY IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Eam1958
London, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were here for one night, before an early morning flight. We arrived at 2pm, and wanted to go to the beach before check in. No rooms were ready, but the young lady at the front desk (1 of 3 who were all delightful) offered to have a room made right away. We wanted to get to the beach right away so we didn't bother. Once we did get our room, it was obvious that it was newly redone. The floors were a 'fake' hard wood, that looked good. The room was very clean. No fridge, but it didn't matter for the length of our stay. It was a small room, and bed was supposed to be a queen. I think it was smaller, but not a big deal. Lots of parking and a few mins away from the public beach. We stopped at a bank, gas station and got to the airport all within 15mins. The front desk was very helpful in directions and where things were in the area. The girls at the desk were very polite and genuine. Did not use the pool, but the pool and area were clean. Some people set off their car panic button at 1am a few times, which wasn't pleasant when you need to be up at 2:30am. that was no fault of the hotels though. We will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mizcass
New York,NY
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Your manager, BLAKE, when he remembered me from my complaints of my previous visit, instantly and seemingly arbitrarily decided I could not have my sales merchandise, already in transit, delivered to the motel, despite many other packages lying around and UPS bring in more packages as I watched on, and despite this being my normal routine at all my other stays at this property.
This caused me to lose three-days of sales activity as I had to go to the local post office many times to beg them to look for my boxes marked for "return to sender" and not return my sales boxes to NY.
Only the terrific help and sacrifice by two USPS Postel Agents at the DANIA POST OFFICE, namely ELENORE FRANKLIN and MARY JO, tracking down my packages, at least once daily after being refused by BLAKE et al, thus saving them from being sent back to NY, which would have meant me aborting this long-planned sales trip and all the related expense, which was into the thousands of dollars of expense to me.

Then as in my last visit, sheets were seldom changed, as housekeepers would just pull up, bed spreads and declare room cleaned.
I tried to alert the front desk that it had been 10, ( TEN ),days since my bed linen had been changed and was told they would give me sheets and I "can do it myself"
"
This was also an issue from the last visit as sheets were rarely changed and seemingly no leadership was visually apparent over the housekeeping staff and while BLAKE would ignore these major health and cleanliness issues, some new employees came on board and promised to see to it that rooms were cleaned, and linens changed according to Motel 6 guidelines.

DISGRACEFUL to say the least!!!

MOTEL without an active manager is the way I again saw it, and he was personally vindictive to me as well!!

Location is perfect for me, but I cannot go back if the same inept manager is still 'playing' in the main lobby

Wi Fi there is sporadic at best, and I went four to five days during one stretch without being able to go online and sadly had to pay the daily Wi Fi charges to try to get online.

A plus, the rooms were all recently refurbished and this could be a decent sleep over but not sailing on it's on course.

Room Tip: all rooms have been redone so if there is service the rooms are small but fine
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank kingresume
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The new rooms look nice and the location very good. Hollywood area is one of my favorite vacation spots.
The room service in its hotel is terrible. I was 5 days there. Never put towels in my room. I mean it: never. The answer given? I'm sorry for the inconvenience. One night, as all I went to the reception to ask for them and all they had were the towels they use for the bathroom floor. I had to use them to dry my body!!!. The answer? It's all we have right now. I'm sorry. The room was hardly cleaned. They did not take an empty pizza box, the bed was done just once. Terrible. Expensive for the service. They offer a microwave in the vending machines area, but the smell and dirtyness made it impossible to use. Clients dry the clothes they wash in the hallways! Bad administration. It's a shame! The location is good.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Mapaulinavet
Milwaukee
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Check in was quick and easy at 3am. Hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. My room was on the second floor and had by remodeled. Room smelled strongly of fresh paint. The remote control did not work for the TV and the sheets on the bed as scratchy as sandpaper. Room was barely ok for one night at $69 per night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank drew_106
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Ok this place actually was ok at first, if you dont consider the loud noise from construction, the crazy number of drud dealers that practically run to you so you by there crack before anyone else`s. By the way they did remodel some of the rooms but its still a slum. No matter how much you polish a turd, its still a turd. The employees for the most part are extremely lazy, on the other hand a few of them were very nic and extremely helpful, you know who you are....thank you...if you stay there you better not complain about any issues with your room. They wont do anything.........,at all. The front desk wont even answer the phone after the manager leaves. Ohh, make sure you dont have to use phone because it probably wont work. They have this imaginary "Do not rent List" if you complain about anything the next time you go to ths office and pay for another day....They inform you that they cant rent to you anymor. Numerous times I asked to see in writing what ( disturbance I cause. Well they can show you the list or why you are on it......,they say its Classified. .Anyway tune in tomorrow for another installment of Motel 6, Dania beach, fl its

• Stayed November 2013
Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#27 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Motel 6 Dania Beach? Share your experiences!