“Not good value for the money spent.”

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Staff nice but totally clueless. Came back one evening in pouring rain from a conference I was attending. Wanted to purchase some deodorant at the onsite store within the hotel lobby. They were out. Front desk staff didn't know where I could go to purchase some.
Elevators had to be the slowest I've ever experienced. Were they installed for old people with walkers??! LOL Breakfast VERY overpriced at $12.95. Burned out eggs and dry bacon/sausage should NOT add up to a $12.95 per person price tag. Main reason I stayed here is that I'm a high level Hilton HHonors member. Needless to say, won't stay here again and will be sure to recommend against it. For $139 plus tax per night, I would've expected better from a Hilton property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HGIFLLFH, Guest Services at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Fitzlpatrick,

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns. I apologize for the troubles you encountered through your stay with us. It is unfortunate that these incidents occurred during your stay, however your comments and concerns allows us to pinpoint and address the individual involved to help better our service and image of our brand and hotel.

Leslie Gaitan l Guest Services

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We flew in and out of Ft. Lauderdale Airport for a trip to the Keys - this property was very convenient, super clean and the staff was all very friendly. The airport shuttle was great and we were able to return our rental car the night before so it was one less thing to worry about on the day of departure. Restaurant was very good, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel was perfectly located for our stay as it was close to the Hard Rock Hotel. Also, there is a shopping center opposite the hotel entrance with good shopping. Service was great, check in was a breeze and everything flowed smoothly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We chose the cruise package offered by Hilton-one night's lodging and transportation to and from cruise port. Accommodations were excellent, convenient to cruise ship, courteous staff. They even provided transportation to nearby restaurants for dining the evening before we sailed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is perfect for an overnight stay when departing for a cruise. The staff is friendly and efficient and the hotel has programs in place to assist you with getting to the ship. This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel before a cruise. We have never been disappointed with the hotel accommodations or the service. The hotel is right across the street from shopping. A tad pricey.

Dear Sharon E,

First, we would like to thank you for being a loyal guest!!!! Just as you enjoy staying here we enjoy having you here!! It is always our goal to make sure you're having a lovely stay with us!!!! Hope you had fun on your cruise and hopefully we see you next time!!!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Wife and I recently stayed two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn near the Fort Lauderdale Airport. The hotel was convenient to I95. Every staff member (from the front desk to the housekeeping staff) went out of their way to make us feel welcome and satisfied. Room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Dear Glenn J,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write feedback on our hotel!!!! It was a pleasure having you here and we're happy to hear our staff went above and beyond to make sure your stay was worth it! Hope to see you next time!!!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I normally try to stay at Hilton properties while traveling for work and vacations. This hotel is located in a great location; adjacent to the airport (FLL) and Port Everglades for cruises. Check in was a breeze; very friendly front desk personnel. I love that they have the Charter Service to the cruise port for an additional fee; I did notice the fee differed from what the front desk told me (only off by $2 extra per person)...this is a separate shuttle company not related to Hilton, Ft Lauderdale Shuttles LLC. You sign up for the shuttle service after you check in, and pay for the one-way or round-trip the day of the service. Room was clean and nicely appointed.

During my stay I called for a second luggage rack for a second piece of luggage; I was told by the front desk that they will try to find one. About 45 minutes later they called back and asked if anyone called me back from housekeeping; 10 minutes later I had the second luggage rack for the second person in my room. Overall, the room was clean and pleasant. The location was great, but there was no visible sidewalk if you need to use it (wheelchair or if you have problems with uneven surfaces). You will have to walk on the driveway where cars come in and out every once in a while. There are stores and fast food restaurants nearby if you do not want to eat inside the hotel, which was reasonably priced.

The menu at the Garden Restaurant was small, but the prices were great. When we walked up to the podium they had two waitresses. Once one noticed we were standing there, she pointed to a table for us to sit at and went about filling drink/food orders. Once we sat down another waitress or bartender (I was confused about who was what) handed us our menus. All tables in the restaurant were dirty/filthy; we were looking to move to a clean table. I can understand they looked understaffed/busy. They were constantly moving. The meal service took literally forever. Once our order was taken we were delivered gorgeous sandwiches; that did change my impression of the restaurant for a few minutes; I kept going back and forth. I did wait at least 30 minutes for a waitress to come ask me for a refill on my soft drink, and she never came. I could not eat my food anymore because my mouth was so dry I had to go up to the bar past the at most 6 small parties of guests. The same story was said for the bill. We waited and waited after telling them we were ready to pay. A few orders went out to two other tables (or parties). My friend was not happy, and neither was I, so unhappy they left while I waited to pay the bill. I finally got fed up and walked up to the bar to collect the bill which surprisingly started to make it my way. I was so unpleased by the service (longest dinner sandwich meal I have ever had), I had to think about not tipping at all...I really hate thinking about not tipping. I had to think to myself that I received "McDonald's style service" which I feel is management's fault, very non personable service; they need more employees since 6 tables was overwhelming.

The hotel does have a swimming pool area. It's small, but it's very well kept. Lobby was also nicely decorated.

The hotel staff were nice, loved the location to stores if I needed last minute cruise stuff, and rooms were great. For the restaurant, I would not eat there again based on the lack of service; I would have received more service at the fast food restaurant across the street. If you are a cruise passenger coming in the day prior, I highly recommend this hotel...for the hotel. The restaurant is what knocked a lot of my ratings down on this review; I would give the hotel 5 stars on everything.

Dear George C,

On behalf of the Hotel; we thank you for choosing our hotel in Dania Beach, Florida. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and truly value your relationship with us.

I understand that when selecting a hotel, you are seeking a location for comfort and convenience. I appreciate you have taken the time to relay our service level with the Restaurant team with us. I will be forwarding your experiences to the respected managers of our team to share with our staff and in turn translate your stay as a training example of how going the extra mile can make a difference.

I apologize for any discomfort this may have caused and hope this does not hinder your overall impression of our location nor the Hilton Family of Hotels.