“Tri-Rail Room!!!”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We were very disappointed with our stay here. Our room was next to the Tri-Rail and all we heard every hour until 11 O'clock were the trains and whistles. Started again at 5 A.M.Also requested a wake up call,asked the clerk night before. He took all our information & we never received one. Biggest problem for me was in the morning we found bugs in our bed. I wouldnot stay here again.
Especially for the price we paid.

Room Tip: There is no answer to this. I looked up information & thought it was good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jai334
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Some of the rooms on the train side can be noisy so we always advise that if you are a lighter sleeper, let us know and we can certainly put you in one of the many areas that are very quiet. I apologize that we didn't make this happen for you and that you didn't get a good night's rest. Hopefully you mentioned your experience at the front desk so that we could make it right with you. If not, I would love to hear from you! I assure you that your complete satisfaction is our entire team's goal and would love the opportunity to impress you.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Arrived late and not much choice of rooms. Either a roll in shower facing highway, or a double queen room adjacent to train tracks.

Hotel is older with window unit heat/AC that blast/blows which is a good thing as it helps to cancel out noise from railroad tracks.

Empty fridge for my own snacks and an in room coffee maker were nice.

Free wi-Fi also nice/worked fine.

Snack shop with beer, wine, sandwiches handy for late arrival because there is nothing else close by in terms of restaurants.

What's not to like:

-train noise - it runs from 5am - 1am in the morning.
-black out drapes were not fully attached to rod - one section hanging down
-filthy chair on balcony, no interest in sitting in it
-could not turn balcony light off
-pool was drained and under construction - no warning giving
-coffee and food in bistro is OK, and annoying that you have to buy coffee/limited time it is availble.
-Caeser salad from Snack Shop said it was fresh, but Dec 10 was crossed out and updated to Dec. 11th. Chicken was leathery, dried out.

Bathroom has dirty specs/spots on the paint on wall. Chintzy amenities - tiny tubes of shampoo and conditioner, and no lotion.

Had to ask for Do not Disturb sign from maid - not in the room.

hard to turn bedside lights off without getting out of bed.

It is 20 minutes from Cruise Port.

It is in Dania Beach, not Ft. Lauderdale which is 10 - 15 minutes up Highway 95.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere - it's either the train tracks or Highway 95 noise.
1  Thank highlandbride
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for your comments and I am so sorry that we disappointed you. We did renovate our pool, hot tub and fountains and as a result were closed for a few days. I am sure that was frustrating. Hopefully you were offered the pool at our neighboring hotel we had set up in the meantime. I have shared your comments with our team to ensure that the other items you identified have been corrected. If you have an opportunity and can contact me, as with any time we fail to impress, I would like to make it right!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Airport recently. The hotel is located reasonably close to FLL airport, and I95. The room itself was of average quality, although the room I was given was a suite, albeit a bit tired. My primary complaint with the hotel is its proximity to the train tracks. A hotel's primary purpose is to allow you to sleep, which I did not do during my one evening stay. Trains came right by my window throughout the evening, and blew their horn loudly, waking me each time. I slept less than half the night, and will not return, and suggest that if you are seeking a good night's sleep you are taking a risk staying here.

1  Thank tworthyreviewer
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Oh dear, I am so sorry that the train noise woke you up. The convenience of our location can be a bit noisy at times but we also have very quiet parts of the hotel as well if you are a light sleeper.

Please reach out to me so I can make it right.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I used this title, because both perks are becoming rare at Courtyards.

This one is yet another Bistro format, so no coffee in the lobby, but you can get in line with the breakfast crowd to pay for a Starbucks.

Walking around the museum and local restaurants is nice.

Once again, I was traveling with a "Marriott Person" so I stayed at a Bistro. He had 40 nights last year, but still didn't get an upgrade. The line for breakfast and/or coffee was long, so I didn't have time to order, wait for, and then eat a hot breakfast by the time I got to the front of the line to order. 10 minutes is ridiculous to order and another 10 to get the food. This is based on the time it took for the people ahead of me in the line. After my 10 minute wait to order, there was only time for something quick. I had the yogurt go cup and a latte $8.

The good news is that I got my companion to try 2 Hiltons on this trip. He was impressed with the service and hot free breakfast that he received by hanging out with a "Diamond".

Other than that, the staff is professional, the rooms are nice and everything is clean. The WiFi works and the water is hot.

It's just frustrating to pass on a hot breakfast because the goofy Bistro layout makes getting breakfast an "event" worth standing in line for. I'd rather have a hot buffet and walk up omelet bar, but those days are gone at the Courtyard Bistros.

Room Tip: Allow 30 minutes if you want a hot breakfast at a prime time in the morning. Brew the coffee in you...
3  Thank joelinda

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is truly how we improve! The wait should never be that long in the Bistro. I am so sorry that you had that experience, I wouldn't be satisfied either.

I truly hope you give us another chance as many have a great experience. I would love to hear more from you if you have an opportunity and I am glad everything else went well.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Other Courtyard's would do well to take a lesson from this one! Their location is a little off the beaten path; but very welcoming, comfortable and restful. The new lobby arrangement is nice and the food available in the Bistro is very good.

Room Tip: Hi floor, odd-numbered room so you face the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will M
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and your review. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Chad R. Brunton

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Great location. Clean rooms and super friendly and courteous staff. The linens were crispy and fresh. Saw lots of teens there for a sporting event but the rooms are really quiet. Great overall experience. Nearby eatery convenient and quick access for airport too.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Scott S
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

So glad you enjoyed it and thank you so much for the review and for choosing us. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel at the request of my business associate who was picking me up for local work. I will ask to stay at a different location next time. The staff are all very friendly and professional, but this hotel is not geared to a busy business schedule. I arrived at the FLL airport on a Sunday night and called for the shuttle. From my call until I was in the hotel 40 minutes elapsed. My room had plenty of elbow room, but I was disappointed in the old mattress with the big depression on the side closest to the door. It was only because it was a king bed that I could sleep on the opposite side and avoid a morning backache. The hotel is situated between an active commuter rail line and Interstate 95, so you get to pick between constant noise or occasional horn blasts and bell ringing; the train ran late, then started again before 4 am, so my sleep was really poor despite using ear plugs. The bistro does serve a nice breakfast at a reasonable price. The fitness area was a little above average. The seafood restaurant next door is well above average. I'll stay elsewhere on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Vikingtraveller59

Thank you for your review and I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. The convenience of our location can be a bit noisy but we also have very quiet areas of the hotel as well. Please reach out to me if you can so we can make this right and ensure you have the stay you were expecting and deserve!