Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
TUCSON
“Treated Like Family”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed at this property for s month. Nice clean rooms with microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. Plenty of dining and shopping with in walking distance. Some stand outs are Bridgette who runs the breakfast bar and was are cheerleader during training, Priscilla at the front d3esk and James and Daniel who are the shuttle drivers. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank VXFlyguy
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thanks so much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will share all your comments with our entire staff. Please come back to visit when visiting Ft Lauderdale, or going on a cruise. We wish you the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed there Dec 1-3 on business called shuttle and they were there within minutes very friendly young man.Check-in staff a nice young lady named Danita S Fast and very friendly with a warming smile,I asked where to go to get something to eat She suggested Grandpas Bakery not to far from hotel There food was awesome!Loved the hotel just wish breakfast food was a little better meat taste a little fake..all in all great experience and great staff

• Stayed November 2013
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments. Sorry that we fell below your expectations in our breakfast. We do strive to be the best in the area. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Southaven, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Lets start out by saying I cannot type how well this hotel treated us. All of the staff at this HIE went out of their way to make sure that our stay was top notch. From the shuttle drivers who took me and my family to an area that had food and shopping and then stopping by a Walgreens for a few items we forgot to the hotel counter staff who didn't wait to be asked if we needed anything extra, they asked us "is there anything else you may need during your stay?'. Smiling, talkative, and friendly was every person in the staff and that goes a long way with me and my family. Also, they recommended a transportation company to get us from Miami Intl to the hotel and then from the Port back to the airport, All Star Tours and Transportation who was also incredible, that was extremely reasonable and gave impeccable service. We will definitely stay at this hotel next time in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best.
Atlanta
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Pick up from the airport was very smooth. we were the only ones on the van and were pretty happy about that when we saw how many people were jockeying for other hotel vans. Check in was fairly slow - especially for a pre-paid reservation. As others have said, everyone is very friendly and the rooms were quite quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. I think they were some kind of scrambled egg product rather than real eggs. The texture was weird. When it was time to leave, we had the front desk call us a cab, and they were there in 5 minutes. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.
Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed 28 November 2013

we booked a room kind of last minute because of our flight schedule. They were wonderful. The shuttle drivers were sweet and welcoming (and right on time). After a very brief mix-up with the room, we were upgraded to a suite that was clean and very nice. We got in very late and had to leave early, so we weren't really able to enjoy it as much as we otherwise would have. Folks were very nice at breakfast, and even though the breakfast area was overrun with airlines employees, they had plenty of food for all. They really worked hard to make our brief stay pleasant, and I really appreciate it.

1 Thank CDMG123
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Bakersfield
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Booked a stay at this Holiday Inn Epxress for 1 night stay before a cruise. Booked because it was a newer hotel and the pricing was good. Also on the website it indicated the hotel had an airport shuttle. I called the day before leaving to confirm the airport shuttle and they assured me they had one and that all I need do was call when we got in from our flight. We arrived and I called the hotel at 10:23 and she said wait outside at the shuttle pickup and the shuttle should be there in 20 minutes. We took our luggage an waited outside in the uncovered area in the light rain and waited and waited. We saw several Holiday Inn shuttles come by but when questioned they were for other Holiday Inns in the area. I called again at 10:50 pm and they assured me that the shuttle was coming. Still no shuttle. I called again at 11:07 and she advised the shuttle was there but could not find us. I told her we had been waiting between terminal 2 and 3 in the designated area and had never seen the shuttle. She advised she would call him and have him come get us. at 11:28 I called again as still no shuttle. Calling again at 11:36 the hotel front desk advised me to give her my cell phone and she would have the shuttle driver call me immediately. I do so but did not hear from the shuttle driver. We then got a taxi at about 11:50 and when in the taxi on the way to the hotel, the shuttle bus driver called. I told him we had already gotten a taxi because didn't think he was going to show. He said he was at the airport. When we got to the hotel, the shuttle bus and driver was sitting outside the hotel. He was not at the airport as he claimed on the phone. I asked the front desk if there was a manger on duty but one was not available until the next day. I discussed this with the manager and advised that they had poor customer service. Granted I should not have waited so long to get a taxi but the front desk kept assuring me that the shuttle would be there in minutes. The manager advised they only had 1 shuttle and had a large group coming in from Spirit Airlines and that was their priority. I said that was fine but someone should have communicated that to me when I called so I could get the taxi earlier. I felt the communication from his staff was very poor. He agreed to reimburse me the $20.00 for the taxi taking it off me bill. However, this was never done. Of course, this left a very bad impression of the hotel. The room was clean and efficient. It was a typical express hotel room but for the price I was happy with the room and the complimentary breakfast the next day. However, the staff including the manager need much help in communicating to their customers if there is a problem. It was handled very unprofessionally from the manager down to his front desk staff.

2 Thank jlioniss
Thank you very much for visiting with us and sharing this feedback. We sincerely apologize that our hotel failed to meet your transportation expectations. We apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered as a guest of our hotel and are truly sorry. We hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith and confidence in our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This property opened in October 2013. It's in a residential area and a quick, five minute shuttle ride to the FLL terminals. The rooms, of course, a really nice. After all, the property is brand new!

Really friendly, prompt staff. A stand-out is the breakfast bar attendant. She is excellent, truly one-of-a-kind! IHG and this HIX is blessed to have her. I look forward to my return!

The surrounding area is not at all scary (I'm sure that comment comes from someone whom is very sheltered, not used to travel). Pool is under construction as the website CLEARLY states.

The morning I left, the airport shuttle was not operating (they claim the shuttle driver called-in sick). I had to pay $$ for a taxi to the airport. Standard procedure in this situation is for property to pay cab fare to the airport. Clearly, an advertised amenity was not available -- their fault, not mine. It should not be my financial burden to cover taxi fare. I've had far lesser-scale hotels (Baymonts, Econos) pay taxi fare when their shuttle was unavailable. Something like this fails IHG brand-standards and sets a very poor precedent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joe R
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your visit was negatively affected by the shuttle to the airport and how that was handled. . I appreciate you letting us know about this unsatisfactory circumstance as the feedback we receive from our guests like you is our best means of making sure that this incident does not happen again in the future.

Despite the shortcomings, I am delighted that you have recognized the service of our staff. It is always hugely motivating on our part to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South? Share your experiences!