“Beautiful new place for a great nights sleep”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
The Villages, Florida
“Beautiful new place for a great nights sleep”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I chose this hotel because of it's convenient location to the Ft. L airport and the cruise terminal. We arrived around 11pm on 12/21 and after a brief wait, we were picked up by the free shuttle the hotel provides. The driver was a young, black guy with the warmest smile and welcoming attitude. I believe his name was Alex. He was very efficient and helpful even when dealing with an older black lady who announced to us all, "I have a New York Attitude", when she got into the van. Not sure what her problem was but everyone else just ignored her and she finally settled down. When we arrived at the hotel, we were quickly checked in to a clean, comfortable, quiet room. The next morning breakfast was provided. There area was kept clean and well stocked. Private transportation is provided to the cruise terminal for $12.00 per person. This went very well, too. I just signed up for this service at the front desk when I checked in. We also made arrangements to be picked up upon our return at a cost of $10.00 each. Once we did get back, we saw several shuttles and were back at the airport in about 20 minutes.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Arrived @ hotel at 3am for cruise leaving same day... went to use bathroom when waking up & there was dry urine all over the toilet seat!!! I was very grossed out & upset after paying $150 for literally less than 8 hours:( Went to front desk & they immediately call house keeping to come up & clean the bathroom.. Apologized several times... When the cleaning lady came to the room she acted as if she didn't understand English & said she was NOT cleaning the bathroom until after we checked out!!!! I explained that it was never cleaned & needed to be cleaned immediately.. She refused & I said "Ok, I'll just call the front desk".. She suddenly spoke English & said she would clean it with an attitude... Very unprofessional & unsatisfying experience to say the least... The sheets even had hair & some stains on the them... Never Again!!!! Breakfast was not bad but good luck finding a seat:( Overall, I would not recommend.. Plenty of other hotels near the port that are same price or cheaper where service I'm sure is better quality... But that's just my opinion:( Last, it's about 15mins from port & they have a shuttle for a fee from hotel....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelB215
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences. We have brought your review to the attention of our housekeeping team and we are currently working on these issues. . Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area. Warm regards.
ontario
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is perfect to stay near the airport. We ended up having a flight delay and arriving at the hotel at 2a.m. The beds are very comfortable. My son thought the humming from the air conditioner was a little to loud but I didn't hear anything. The pool is tiny but I guess it would do the trick. We only stayed one night and moved closer to the beach the other nights. I happen to be familiar with the area..If you stay there make sure you go down the street and get Jaxson's ice cream...not cheap but great ice cream and worth the experience! Also there is Dania Jai alai right down the street too (different direction that Jaxsons)..The breakfast is included and is your typical holiday inn express food which is great. I definitely think this is a great place to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jam05Ontario
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best. Happy New Year!
Lillehammer, Norway
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was lucky enough to get a room here because of a delayed flight. Katianna at the front desk was absolutely lovely and gave me a discount plus a lot of good help. I really cannot praise her enough! Made me feel so privileged to stay at this place. Great service!
The rooms are nice enough, quite similar to other Holiday inns I have stayed at. Comfortable and with lots of amenities, just what you need.
I would stay here again just because of the great customer service from Katianna. Made me feel so welcome, and i completely forgot about my delayed flight.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Being that this is a brand new hotel, the only thing that could be bad is the customer service etc and all of that was top notch. Pricsilla at the front desk is very friendly and accommodating. All the employees are very nice. Brief summary:
-fridge and microwave in the room
-nice pool with full sun all day
-breakfast stays open late (10am) not amazing but as expected.
-strong wifi everywhere.
-FREE airport shuttle (a rarity in these parts)
Again, a new hotel, so the challenge will be to keep everything in good shape as it gets older.......

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Reading your review is inspiring.We are so grateful and appreciative for your kind words and for your wonderful & thoughtful review on TripAdvisor. Warm Regards....
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed for a week on business and the hotel had only been open for a few weeks. The staff were excellent especially Priscilla on the front desk. The breakfast was good and the room spotless. The hotel is conveniently located for both Dania Beach & Fort Lauderdale.
There is a shuttle service run by the hotel to the Airport or Tri Rail station.
At night there was hardly any outside noise from the road or the elevators.
We hired a car while we were there and the hotel has secure undercover parking.
Overall probably the best Holiday Inn I have stayed in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Every member of our team truly love their jobs and really enjoy serving our guests in hopes of creating a memorable experience. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. They do...because they care. Priscilla will be glad to hear, she was a part of yours. Happy Holidays!
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I came on Tuesday left on Friday the stay was amazing. The front desk real nice elevators work real fast laundry room is really updated and the gym was real nice clean an all the machines work and there's also a tv to watch in there. My room was real nice and clean I stay in hotels a lot and for the rate I though it would been something wrong but no it wasn't . Breakfast is on time real clean and fresh. I wake up at 5:00and by 5:45 the breakfast is already out which to me was great . I can go on in on about this place but my experience was great and will be coming back.

Stayed December 2013
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We cant wait to see you next time. We wish you the best.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South? Share your experiences!