“Just opened, clean and properly maintained”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed one night, December 6th just prior to leaving on a cruise. The shuttle service driver explained the methods of connections from the hotel to the ship and outlined dining options. Pool was not open but when I stay again I will take advantage of it.
The hotel has very good employees but the occupants in the hotel are generally not seasoned travelers, which may make it interesting for the employees and everyone else at the hotel.
The location is off the beaten path but if you rent a car you can get to anywhere you want to go in the surrounding area and the parking is in the building. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert P
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Just stayed here last night and it was fantastic ! It's only been open for 3 months. Got the online rate and it was worth it. Not in the best neighborhood, but clean, good value and close to airport. It needs it's own restaurant/bar.

2  Thank NJcpltrvl

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel left a very bad first impression before I even arrived. The shuttle service took forever. Several of us waited on the tiny island at the airport to be picked up. Seems like every other Holiday Inn bus drove past us six times before ours finally arrived. We called the front desk to check on the status and the front desk clerk was very rude. "He's on his way! I don't know where he is," she yelled. RUDE! When we finally got to the room it was average. I figured with this being a new hotel it would look nicer but it was average. The pictures on the site make it look nicer than it was in person. The decor was just not modern or nice for a hotel that was so new. On the plus side, the room was spacious and I loved the fridge and microwave. The room was VERY clean and maids in the hallway were friendly. The next morning I went to the gym and the air wasn't working. The staff was very friendly about trying to fix the problem. Of course by the time they started working on it I was done with my workout. Overall, this is a nice clean hotel but nothing fancy and nothing to justify the price tag. Be prepared to wait for the shuttle. Another plus- several local restaurants deliver!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DeshaTenaj
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the hotel or accommodation. We strive to provide our guest with a clean and well maintained hotel. Your comments are taken very seriously. Again we apologize for any inconvenience. We wish you the best.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The initial encounter was ok with front desk staff. I told the first hostess that I needed the shuttle at 0345 to make my flight at 0500. She said she'd put me on the list. After going out to dinner, I confirmed with the second hostess that I was on the 0345 shuttle to the airport. The next morning I came down stairs for the shuttle fifteen minutes early and the host (Will, I believe) stated that he thought he had everyone on board the shuttle and it had already left. He called the shuttle but it would be back after it dropped off the other passengers. While waiting for him to check me out he made me wait to help out a customer who was there after he was already helping me. He then returned to ask me if I wanted a receipt for my stay. I informed him that I did indeed want a receipt. About five minutes later the shuttle arrived, and I needed to get on it in order to not miss my flight. Will then proceeded to tell me he could not print a receipt due to an audit that had to print first. I got on the shuttle without a receipt. After we took off on the shuttle, Will used the Walkie talkie to call the driver to tell him not to leave because more customers needed to be on the shuttle. If we would have turned around I would have missed my flight. Thankfully the driver took me to the airport first! I was never greeted as a rewards member. I used my rewards to pay for my room, and I still have pending charges on both my debit and credit card accounts from this stay. By far the worst experience I have ever bad at an IHG brand, and a definite waste of my reward points. Extremely disappointed in the service!

4  Thank Katrina D

Thank you very much for visiting with us and sharing this feedback. We sincerely apologize that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. We apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered as a guest of our hotel and truly hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith and confidence in our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Holiday Inn, Airport South at Fort Lauderdale is a new hotel that opened in the fall of 2013. The facility is great with a large selection in the breakfast bar, roof top swimming pool, refrigerator and microwave in the room. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The hotel provides a free "on demand" shuttle service to the airport. The staff is very knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. There is an airport terminal style arrival and departure monitor in the lobby so you can check the status of your flight without calling the airlines.
There are several good restaurants within walking distance.
A great hotel with an excellent helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: The rooms on the airport side of the hotel have the best view. All rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thanks so much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will share all your comments and suggestions with our entire staff. Please come back to visit when visiting Ft Lauderdale, or going on a cruise. We wish you the best.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

It is a new property in the middle of a terrible neighborhood. People are out on the street asking for money. Bums approached our car, while at the corner and waiting for a traffic light.

We went to Florida to relax, get out of the cold Wisconsin weather and had hoped to take walks every day outside our hotel. This did not happen. The tiny 3rd floor pool was shaded by the hotel and not very appealing to go into. Everyone from 3rd to 6th floor could look directly on you while relaxing because the pool was at the base of the hotel windows!

As far as the breakfast, the waffle maker did not work any of the three days that we were at the hotel. The apples and oranges were soft every day. They served the cinnamon rolls one out of three days of our stay. They do not serve them every day!

Finally our door key did not work two out of three days unless we had it reactivated. This was frustrating because they blamed me.

I didn't feel the bathroom floor was clean. Our final day, housekeeping came 2x before the checkout time of 11:00am. They wanted us out before check-out? I don't know but I think we have a right to stay without being bothered until the check-out time.

I do not recommend this hotel and I will not ever return. I am a platnium member and have stayed at many IHG properties. This one deserves one or two stars.

3  Thank Violet52

Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback. We apologize our property and services did not meet your expectations during your stay. Please know that we take all of your comments and inconveniences seriously and we have been working hard to improve these mishaps with our staff to ensure that this doesn’t occur again. Warm regards.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

It is a good value for an overnight stay before or after a cruise. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, although the bed pillows were strange being about a 15x15 square. The only negative is that the shuttle bus service stops at midnight. We arrived at the airport to find a long line for cabs. We had to wait about 45 mins before getting a cab. The Hampton Inn shuttle bus passed us many times as we waited and we did think that we should have made a reservation with them instead. The shuttle to the port at 1 p.m. Was very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We are sorry to hear about your issue with the airport shuttle. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South? Share your experiences!