Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Just opened earlier this year & it shows - looks like a model property. Staff upon check-in very polite & friendly. Very secure - you need your room key to access your floor & when we ordered pizza had to meet in lobby because they can't get to our floor. Room was larger than I anticipated - 2 beds, small couch, chair & coffee table, plus another square table & 4 chairs. Not to mention it is an efficiency unit with a micro, mini- fridge, coffee/tea pot & small counter area. Large bench for luggage. Very convenient to airport, which is why we chose it. Beds were very comfortable but a bit high & tough for my Senior Citizen mom to climb into. Amble size breakfast area with an outgoing & friendly attendant. Nice food selection--better than many that offer a breakfast with your room. Only 1 negative & that was the very week water pressure in the shower. I'd certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank CharlaAV711
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. We appreciate your insight regarding our accommodations. Please know that your feedback is important to us as we work to improve the product and services offered to our guests. Thanks again for your recommendation on how we can improve and for sharing your experiences with us. Warm Regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked my stay last minute and called the hotel they immediately sent a shuttle to pick me up from the airport. In addition they had my room and information ready when I arrived for quick check in. I arrived at my room and it was very clean and up to date. This location also provides a free breakfast bar with tons of options. The staff was extremely friendly. Andre and Priscilla B were awesome and assisted me with check out and made sure I was comfortable while waiting for my ride which was on a delayed flight. Lastly, Priscilla was very kind in helping me sign up for the rewards program and helped me receive points for my stay. I would definitely recommend staying at this location and plan to return in the future

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Kassea91

Wow! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

After a night that ended short due to extreme uncleanliness and lack of service, we changed hotels on a holiday weekend at the last minute and arrived here tired and frustrated. We were met by Priscilla B. and found her delightful! She went above and beyond our expectations, was very professional and extremely kind. We had a nice room and really enjoyed the free breakfast each morning. Other employees (the breakfast hosts, housekeeping, and maintenance) always spoke and said hello making us feel very welcomed. As someone who has worked in the hotel business, I was impressed with the hotel and service we received. We will definitely be staying at this property when we return to Dania!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashlee5258

Double wow! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

location is new so all rooms were very clean and nice.
breakfast was great with pancake maker and the warm cinnamon rolls
shuttle to airport - only about 10 minutes top so very close
some restaurants close by
property not on the interstate.
staff was very friendly
pool on outdoor deck on upper floor
key card needed on elevator to get to rooms so security seemed to be good
only complaint is that the rates seem high for this property

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marieatta_pman

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Chose this location for proximity to the airport and the cruise port and was happy with service, free shuttle to/from airport, free Internet, and free breakfast. The room was spacious, clean, with frig and microwave. The breakfast has a good selection of basics that will appeal to both kids and adults. There is a Subway and couple restaurants within few minutes walking distance but not much else. On my return from cruise, I used the free shuttle to get a car rental at the airport to go to the large Sawgrass Mall about 20 minutes drive and then to Hollywood hotel(s) ocean front...all for less than a gallon of gas! The Mauro pizzeria was also a good choice for a late night, large and good tasting pizza if wanting a quick order meal while re-packing to head home.

Room Tip: Use the free shuttle to/from airport, as well as pre-book the shuttle to AND from the cruise port at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michael B
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I very rarely find that I can write a review about how pleased I am with a service, a person or a product, but this stay definitely requires a positive review! I can start by saying that I booked this hotel last minute over a holiday weekend because traffic prohibited me from getting to my final destination. I got lost on my way here and was guided here by James at 12:30 am... May I add that I'm sure I wasn't the most pleasant person, but he kept a positive attitude and made sure I got here. Once I checked in, I was provided with a great room. (Holiday Inn Express does an amazing job at assuring they have a consistent product across the entire United States. Clean, free continental breakfast, free wifi and free parking). I was sad to leave in the morning to go to the other hotel I had previously made reservations at, but funny enough... After that other hotel charged my credit in excess, charged me $25 a night for parking and $12.75 for wifi each day, I packed up my bags and decided to head back to Holiday Inn Express in Dania Beach. Once again, I was greeted with a pleasant smile and wonderful check-in process by Wellington. I would hands down recommend this hotel to anyone! It is only five minutes down the street from all the hotels that charge double, if not triple the price, for a less quality product!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Keys M

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. We appreciate your insight regarding our accommodations and staff. Please know that your feedback is important to us as we work to improve the product and services offered to our guests. Warm Regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The area might not be great, but for 1 might before a flight from FLL, it was great. The room is modern and well appointed. Bathroom was very clean. (TV screen was broken- 1 line in the screen made it annoying- room #409) Breakfast as usual.
However I didn't enjoy being kept on hold for over 5 minutes when I had to call back the front desk to ask about an additional charge on my credit card.
It's a bit noisy when the train went by during the night ... railway track was 1 block away from our bedroom window.

Room Tip: Not sure you can get a quiet side at this hotel: either sides have noise. (US1 or Railroad track)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South? Share your experiences!