“Service is a-One!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
southern Oregon
“Service is a-One!”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were greeted by an efficient, kind desk staff. We arrived early from our cruise ship, so our room was not available. We were directed to the breakfast room (14.95 buffet) or to the computer kiosk and were told they would have housekeeping ready our room ASAP. True to their word, we were checked in within the hour.

We had a delicious lunch in the lobby bar/restaurant (service was very friendly, but a little slow). We tried the pool and spa -tiny, threadbare towels, but a nice area with tables, chairs and lounge chairs. The jets in the spa weren't working, but it was otherwise fine.

Room service dinner was also good and reasonably priced. No fridge or microwave in room. Air conditioning was okay, but the window didn't open, so it was a little stuffy and despite the non-smoking policy, the room had an odor of stale cigarette smoke.

The big plus for this site is the service. The bellman (Chris) was outstanding, making sure we had everything we needed. He put our bags on the racks provided and even offered to fill our ice bucket. Later in the day he saw us in the lobby and mentioned he noticed I was having difficulty getting around. He mentioned they had a wheel chair and offered to get it for me at that time or later if I needed a little assistance to help me get around. Very kind.

We made use of the airport shuttle the next day, also very kind and helpful. I would put this hotel at the top of my Miami/Ft. Lauderdale list.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank teri1010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly on my brief trip. The lobby was very nice though also under construction.

The rooms had seemingly newer bedding and TVs. The flooring was uneven with older carpet placed on top. I was placed in a handicapped room with a large bathroom/shower combination. The sink is free standing thus has no counter to place anything on and the only area to place anything was across the large bathroom in the toilet area. Making it difficult to get ready in the morning. There was not a mirror over the desk unit so it was not possible to get ready over there either. There was, however, a full length mirror beside the desk just against the corner of the room, though I had no room to pull up a chair there.

The rooms further down the corridor are free from hotel noise however receive a lot of noise from I-95.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SirinKiz
Oromocto, Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here mainly due to low rate and proximity to airport and cruise port while on my mid-deployment vacation. I stayed here for 5 days before my cruise and 3 days after. This hotel is close to nothing (except the fishing hall of fame). 90$ will get you a cab to Sawgrass mills and most other malls, or you could spend the day on public transit. Overall very satisfied with the room. Had a corner king on the 9th floor. Very spacious room and comfortable bedding. Being in the corner, was very quiet.
Pool area was very nice as well (aside from a group of old men staring at you from the hot tub). The food was surprisingly terrible, except for the pizza (highly recommend!!), and was overpriced as usual. The hotel staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, going as far as to change my room due to a large and noisy family group beside my room. If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the airport/cruise port and NOTHING ELSE, I highly recommend this hotel. They also offer a free shuttle to both areas. If you are staying in Ft Lauderdale for any length of time, stay somewhere closer to civilization, or at the bare minimum rent a car.

Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Brendon R
Depoe Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I must say, the room service, concierge desk and porter service at this hotel is outstanding. Food at the restaurant was good as well. The lobby will probably be lovely when they are finished with their remodeling job that was unfortunately going on while we were there.. The rooms are nice, beds are soft, and the only complaint I have is no free wifi in the room. You have to go downstairs to the lobby for it. And, the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke even though the hotel is smoke free. The pool area is nice, but terrible little nasty towels out there for guests. So small you can barely wipe your hands with, much less dry off after a dip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen M
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Arrived late evening after one of those last minute trip and suffering a middle seat on a flight.

When checking in the front desk staff was very pleasant and asked me about my day and late arrival. We exchanged travel stories - etc - and they made the experience more like staying with friends.

The hotel was very comfortable, could have used a few more hours in that very comfortable bed.

The breakfast and restaurant staff were cheerful and made sure I had a good experience.

No doubt I will return to this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here my 1st night in Ft Lauderdale on Thanksgiving and I felt like I was at home. The customer service here is epic and the food is worth every penny. They had a really tasty Turkey dinner that included all the fixins and even dessert all for a low price. The store has a huge selection of beach apparel at great prices and ofcourse any toiletries you might need! The rooms were spacious and beds were so comfy I slept like a log! This was my first time at a Sheraton hotel and was really impressed. I will definitely come back when I come back to Ft Lauderdale! They also have a shuttle that will pick you up from airport free of charge! If you sign up with the sheraton rewards they give you some awesome perks like free wifi and so forth. The entire staff was top notch!!!

Room Tip: Luxury hotel at a good price! The most comfortable beds in town! The best customer service by far!!!