I went here knowing that I had previously read a lot of reviews about them remodeling the hotel. So, I did not set my expectations too high. However, we have stayed at another Springhill (in NOLA) and from the looks of the pictures they had online, the rooms were exactly the same. So, at least I knew what to expect from the room. Since we had previously stayed at a Sprinhill Suite, they gave us a goodie bag with water for everyone, pretzels and oreos.
The hotel was in a decent area and not far from FLL airport. The hotel was on a main street with plenty of food and shopping within walking distance. This was an added plus since we didn't have a car.
The hotel itself was being remodeled, but I believe a majority of it was done. We did not see anyone working on it (or hear anything) while we were there. But, it was obvious because you could see that a wall needed painting by the elevators. We didn't have any issues with the elevators not working as I had read other reviews stating.
The hotel had a huge lobby and dining area with plenty of seating. There was also an area with computers (2 of them) that you could use to get online if you didn't bring your own.
The room consisted of a bathroom with a separate mirror/sink area. There was a "living room" with a small wall between it and the "bedroom". The couch pulled out into another bed for additional guest. There was another small area off to the side that had a desk for you computer, a sink, a frige and a microwave. Very nice if you were to be staying longer than 1 night.
We found the rooms clean and no issues. The hotel grounds could use some cleaning. We seen cigarettes all over the place, even beside the ashtrays...they were in the mulch, the sidewalk, the parking lots...just everywhere and we never seen anyone cleaning up.
The pool...well, this area "could" be a nice area if cleaned up and taken care of more. The pool is a nice size and had 2 lifts for the handicap. However, the pool itself wasn't very clean. It has a cute little waterfall (with lights in it at night) that flows over into the pool. In that same area, there's a shelf ledge that is not very deep, which makes it nice for little ones. There's a hot tub...which was ice cold and actually colder than the pool itself. :( It was extremely dirty. They have a pool hut where you can get pool towels while you are out there. There wasn't anyone there and it was kind of a help yourself type of thing. The patio around the pool was a nice size with plenty of tables and chairs, but the area itself was not very clean. Once again, cigarette butts everywhere along with trash. The chairs are really worn, rusted and missing parts. Like I said, this place could be really nice if they just gave it a little TLC.
Inside by the customer service, they have a mini store with drinks and snacks. Although it was not very stocked when we were there. They only had diet soda (in Mt Dew only) and other off brands. No Pepsi or Coke products at the time. The staff said they were waiting on their delivery.
The breakfast in the morning was a hot buffet with eggs, sausage and so on. They do have a waffle maker and you can make your own waffles and they were pretty good.
The staff was friendly and when my daughter left something in the room, they quickly made her a key to let her go back up and grab it (this was after we had checked out and was waiting in the lounge for our driver to the cruise port).
So final thoughts, hotel ok, location is great, service was great, remodeling is coming along, food was ok and an extra added touch to save on money. The pool and the grounds wasn't the greatest, but has a lot of good potential if they just cleaned it up. For a 1 night precruise stay, I would recommend it if you can get a good deal on it. (We got our room for less than $100).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites