Stayed here for 3 nights late July into August for a pre-cruise stay. The hotel is right off of the interstate, close to fort lauderdale airport and cruise port, a nice central location for fort lauderdale activities and the beach.
We recieved great, friendly service upon checking in. The front desk manager is superb and has great recommendations for places to eat etc. We also recieved free bottles of water at check in.
Our room was very spacious. We were in a 2 queen bed room with a pullout sofa, 2 tv's (one flat in living area, and older one in bedroom area), a nice sized work desk with high speed internet connection, and a small kitchen area with a small fridge, microwave, and cofee maker. The room was one big one with only a partial wall seperating the the living room area from the beds.
The room was in fairly good shape. The bathroom needed some work however as our toilet tank top was cracked (appeared to have been glued back together, but had re-cracked) and the shower seemed a little older. I did appreciate the seperate toilet and tub from the sink area. In the shower there are 2 water heads which seems a little odd, but I was glad for them as the water pressure wasn't the best.
The breakfast each morning was very good and contained a lot of variety. There were waffles, egg patties, sausage patties, cereal, oatmeal, toast varieties, fresh and cut up fruit, yogurt, muffins and rolls, and even shredded cheese and other condiments. The breakfast area itself is nice and fairly large.
The outside pool area is nice with a nice sized pool going from about 3 to 5 feet deep. There is also a hot tub and nice places to sit with umbrellas for shading. Pool towels are provided as well.
The property itself has nice landscaping and is right across the street from a large strip mall shopping area with a Kmart, Target, many smaller stores and places to eat like a Dave and Busters. There is also a taco bell and mcdonalds easy to to walk to. The hotel is on a major street with quick acess to the interstate and highway 1 and A1A. It is close to casinos, parks, shopping, the beach etc.
I liked that you had to swipe your room key to drive in or out of the parking lot area. It made me feel more secure while parking our rental car.
I understand that this hotel offers a shuttle both to the airport and Ft. Lauderdale cruise port which is great for those going on a cruise. We didn't use the shuttle as we had a car however.
Other than the minor bathroom issues, this is a wonderful hotel. I will definetly stay there again when I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites