Holiday Inn Express Orlando - South Davenport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vistapark Resort(Davenport)
  • Pool
All reviewsmake a u turnthe breakfast areafree breakfastyogurtroom was clean and comfortablefront desk staffup to dategas stationcoffee makerking beddisney worlddisney areaminute drivehieinterstateorlandoparks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The staff was friendly and provided great service. Getting to the hotel was horrible. Having to drive by and make a u-turn each time is not fun. There should really be an access road or a better system to safely get into the hotel. Driving straight at the light getting lost in the weekly hotel lot was a bit uneasy. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the hallways and rooms smelled clean and fresh, the elevator was clean, the pillows are a bit too soft but that can be personal preference. The A/C was nice and cool. The staff made this place a better stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Overall, this hotel is a fair deal for the price. It was clean, quite and conveniently located with a friendly front desk staff. Breakfast was OK, though they stuggled with getting enough food out - there was always a wait. One downside was the beds and pillows - both were too soft and really didn't give a good, restful night's sleep. After 5 nights of sleeping on these beds, my back was sore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando - South Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Ellen B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the cleanliness and the convenient location of our hotel. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with your bed and in our breakfast area. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We got a great price at this property as part of our stay in central FL but only stayed there 2 nights instead of 3 (not a fault of the property but neither set of friends we planned to visit was available when we were in town, so we headed N early to beat a nasty storm around GA). We got a nice sized clean upgrade suite, no problems with the room itself. We did find this price deal came with a few minor flaws:

1. Access from either direction on Hwy 27 is terrible. They closed off what appeared to be better exiting access through a neighboring hotel with a white fence so following the GPS and taking U turns was the only way to go but during morning rush hour or at night it was tricky. Also this is a really noisy spot between 27 & I-4, not sure you can get a "quiet side" in this hotel.

2. WiFi internet was pathetic. They need at least one more router to handle the room load.

3. We needed to do a couple loads of laundry at $2 x 4 and the machines only took quarters.
The front desk could not get quarters out of the safe as the manager left - this was at 2pm. I went to the neighboring hotel which was also cleaned out, then 3 gas stations before I could get quarters. Not too hard to keep rolls of quarters in the desk for customers is it? We got spoiled staying at Candlewood Suites with free laundry earlier on our road trip.

Breakfast was fine, a busy property probably because many others got a deal too. The staff we talked to was friendly, but despite our good deal we were not inspired to stay and cut our stay short to head north.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a quiet corner by these noisy highways with a lot of semi truck breaking on exits too.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando - South Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear SE_MN_warmth_seekers,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. My apologies for any disappointment you may have had during your stay. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel November 2013 sometime around the 22nd. Because this was around tbe time of my anniversary. My fiance and I smoke. We had the room next to a back door exit and we would go out there several times to smoke. I took a cup full of water to put my ciggerette butts in out of respect for the hotel. I didnt want to throw my butts on the ground. Before check out time I made the mistake of pooring my cup full of butts in the toilet, and mind you there was maybe only two in this cup. Because the others were put into the trash outside. When I left the hotel I put my cup in my hotel room trash and tied it up. Apparently Holiday Inn staff go through your trash or they nave noses like blood hounds because I was charged 250$ For smoking in my room when I did not. It was cold that weekend and I told them to check their surveillance camaras I smoked outside. If I wanted to smoke in my room why would I have went out side at all. I spoke to a manager by the name of Tom, and he assured me that he believed me and I would be refunded. It is now February, and he wont even return my calls. So smokers beware of this hotel. If your clothes smell like smoke stand outside and febreeze everything down before you go into your room. I think this holiday inn is getting rich off of their smoking customers. And for anyone who wants to judge me for smoking I quit 1 month ago today. I just really think its unfair the way they treated me. My name is Sheila, So if Tom is reading this Thank you so much for ignoring an innocent customer....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orlando - South Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Sheila C,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed for a week. The room is large and had its usual amenities. A few remarks: Chewing gum on the floor (not cleaned during the week stay), LCD TV with analog channels, please use a digital system!
Breakfast: Usual HIE, but the pancake machine was broken all week. Asked about it, but they had no idea when it would be fixed. They did not offer a waffle iron or any other alternative.
Friendly staff.
About the connection to the road: When you want to go to Orlando on the I4, you have to make a right turn, right on the first lights, turnaround, go left and go to the I4.
When you arrive from Orlando: Go right on the lights, cross the Interstate, turn around and go right at the Hotel Drive. Since the lights are poorly setup (long waiting times), this can easily add 5/10 minutes from/to get to the Interstate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple