We were driving 10+ hours to Orlando and didn't want to pay Disney prices for that first night, so we booked this hotel via Travelocity. I then called and requested late check-in since we wouldn't be leaving until after lunch. Our departure got pushed further back than expected so I called and told them it would be close to midnight before we arrived. I was a little anxious that the person didn't seem to be looking up our reservation but just assured me it was fine. Due to additional delays (including an interstate closure and detour) we finally arrived at 3am. The front desk person was alert and let me in without my having to ring the bell. Our room was 2 queen beds and mini fridge as expected. The room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast the next morning was not "cook to order" but it was certainly a step above "continental". They had cereal, biscuits and bagels, fresh fruit, a pancake machine (press a button and 1 minute later 2 fresh pancakes slide out), scrambled eggs and egg/cheese omelets. There were probably more options, but in my sleep deprived state, that's the part I remember. The pool looked nice and well kept from a distance. As soon as we ate we checked out to head to our Disney hotel for the week, so we didn't try it or any other amenities. The staff that we encountered were all very friendly. When we left, we were at Disney in about 15 minutes.
If you aren't paying attention (or if it's 3am and you are just wanting to go to sleep) it's easy to drive past Hotel Drive. It looks like it is going to be at the street light, but it was actually the street just before the light. But it's easy to see as you go past it, so it makes a fairly easy turn around to get back to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel, opened February, 2009. The gracious and professional staff proudly presents The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Orlando South. Presenting a delicious complimentary hot breakfast buffet every morning in our Great Room. Enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool, fitness room, business center, interior corridors, and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Orlando South-Davenport
- Holiday Inn Express Davenport
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport Florida