“3 bedroom condo”

Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The condo was spacious and clean. It easily accomodated 6-7 adults and children too. The pool was nice and the game room was fun for all the children. Overall our 2 night stay was a very pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: the only problem was parking we had 3 cars and they didn't all fit in the driveway!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
drenzi, Manager at Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for staying at the Villas at Regal Palms. We are happy you found our accommodations spacious and clean, and that you enjoyed the pool area and game room. We hope you will consider returning soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Bad:
Booked into the wrong room for 4 days of our 7 day stay. Had to move rooms on a day we had several activities planned. Threw the whole day off.

Pool is overcrowded most of the time and parking near the pool area (yes we were booked far enough away that driving was a better option than walking) can be a challenge.

I would give the restaurant a 1 star rating. Wait staff was great but the food ranked well below expectations. Cocktails were weak at best.

The good:
Rooms were clean and comfortable. Cable in each room and wi-fi had good range. There were enough items in the kitchen for all of us (in the second unit we moved to).

The pool is fun and the lazy river was nice to float around in. Easy to get to all attractions and there are plenty of eating establishments within 6 miles.

Notes:
Dont bother shopping at the publix near by. Go 4 miles north on 27 and hit the walmart. Prices as expected and a fully stocked liqueur store with great prices.

All in all a rather unimpressive vacation stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank povphile

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Villas at Regal Palms. We are happy you found our accommodations clean and comfortable, and that you enjoyed our pool area. However, we regret to learn where you experience fell short. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to make a better impression.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived around noon to let them know we were in town and see if our condo was ready. It was a pleasant surprise when they said our unit was ready. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was friendly. We had a 3 bedroom unit on the paperwork, but really had four bedrooms because the downstairs den had a pull out couch with closet and full bathroom attached. The larger den also had a pull out couch. The condo was clean and spacious. We were in the back of the subdivision, so we drove to the pool and there was plenty of parking. There is only one pool but there is also a water slide and lazy river all in the same area. Even during the holiday weekend, the pool was busy, but there were plenty of chairs and the bar was open by the pool which made it convenient for drinks. The staff were all great and had "can do" attitudes. They had a 3 page activity schedule for Memorial Day weekend with pie eating contests and lots of activities for kids. Publix food store is within walking distance and there are a few restaurants in the strip mall by Publix.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank ginajns
drenzi, Manager at Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Villas at Regal Palms. We are happy we were able to provide you with an early check-in, and that you found our staff friendly. We are glad our accommodations were clean and spacious, and that you enjoyed our pool area and onsite activities. We hope you will consider returning soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Villas in January and I am just getting around to writing a review. Our purpose in the stay was just to visit attractions in the general area. We did not use the pool or any of the other facilities.

For a stay, we thought it was great. The two of us did not really need three bedrooms and two and a half baths, but they were convenient. Our unit was toward the back of the property and was really quiet. While not the Ritz, the furnishings were nice and the unit was very clean. We had flat screen TVs (this may be a function of the unit's owner). Several times, the maids asked us if we needed anything else while they were cleaning other units, but a good supply of paper products, etc. had been left for the week.

We were very pleased with our stay and had no problems at check-in or out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank muchoviajar
drenzi, Manager at Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for staying at the Villas at Regal Palms. We are happy you enjoyed our condo-style accommodations, and that you were very pleased with your stay. We hope you will consider another visit soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at Regal Palms. We were not able to get the same unit as last year, however we stayed in an identical end unit. We were very pleased.
Pre Check-in went smoothly for us. The only complaint was that they said they would call when unit was ready. Friends had a unit across the street and I saw our unit ready from 2 pm till 430pm. I was told unit wasn't ready at 2pm.
We stayed in 3409 Calabria. A very new and spotless unit. Manage company was very good A Cut Above Mgmt. would recommend.
Our family will back the next couple of years for Russ Matt Baseball. However, I must give a big thumbs down to the front desk manager for not handling the hold on my credit card. On 3/15 at check in they put a hold on my card for $150 and then at check out another $149 was put on.
I called twice. They have no explanation about the second hold. And told me it was released. It is now 3/31!!! The holds 299 in total are still there!! A manager still has not called me back. Very disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Pevny
drenzi, Manager at Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for returning to the Villas at Regal Palms. We are happy you were pleased with our accommodations and apologize you had to wait so long for your bank to remove the hold on your credit card. We are glad to hear the issue is now resolved and hope you will consider a future visit.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

After a two day drive with kids to get here I find out upon checking in that they require a $150 dollar deposit, that would not have been a problem if I had known that before hand. I came here on spring break with a set amount of money for food, gas and entertainment and left my credit cards at home. So after being told they can put the money on hold on my debit card I said okay, the young lady checking me in had this look on her face and then made a phone call. When I asked if everything was okay she said yes she just made a mistake and had corrected it. She checked me in and gave me my keys with instructions on how to get to my unit. I drive to my unit and the keys (3 of them mind you) do not work. So off to the front desk I go, I did this 2 more times before they sent a maintenance guy out there to let me in. Once in he said that the key lock needed to be reset because of some computer glitch. He will go and let the front desk know so that it can be rectified, so I said fine I have to get gas and groceries so I will check back with the front desk upon my return.
I get to the gas station and slide my card only for it to say declined. I figured that it was just not taking debit so I used it as credit and thankfully it took. I go to the grocery store and same thing. When I checked my account I found out the mistake the front desk lady made was a $350.80 hold on my card along with the original $150 hold that I was told about. $500.80 of my spending money was unavailable to me and I was livid. When I got back to the resort she said that she had canceled the transaction and acted as though it was all good. It's a Sunday you idiot, my money is unavailable to me until my bank releases it in a day or three and until of that I still couldn't get in my unit.
The staff were not at all accommodating with my issues, I had to get the maintenance guy to once again let me in and I felt as though I was held hostage my first full day there because I didn't get my key issue resolved until noon and had no funds available to me for the activities I had planned for my kids.
Overall the units are amazing, I own a 3 bedroom and it had a bonus room that was available to us and everyone had their own roon, a 2 car driveway and full kitchen with washer and dryer. The resorts looks like an upscale neighborhood and the grounds are beautifully kept. A maid comes by to clean and take care of the unit and she was very pleasant. I will return better prepared next time. Hope my experience will help the next person beware and be ready for the unexpected fees. Oh and if you give cash be prepared to wait for a check to come to you a couple of weeks after you check out.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Wmnrfromvnus
drenzi, Manager at Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Villas at Regal Palms. We are glad you were impressed with our accommodations and resort grounds. We apologize for the trouble you experienced with your room key and the hold on your debit card and any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate the feedback you have provided, which will help to ensure a pleasant experience for all guests. We hope you will consider returning soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed there the week of Jan 25. The weather was cool, so we didn't get to use the pool. We had a 3 bedroom 3 bath unit which also had a small den area. Very clean and had everything you needed. The pool area was beautiful, with a lazy river and large slide. Great if you bring the kids. It was a convenient location and not very far from Disney. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. The only downside was that the keys were very sensitive and did not always open the gate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ODU673
drenzi, Manager at Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Villas at Regal Palms. We are happy you found our accommodations clean and equipped with everything you needed. We appreciate your kind remarks and recommendation. We hope you will choose to return soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
6 mi away
3 mi away
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!