This was not our first stay at the Omni Championsgate. We returned for a three day getaway for some true rest and relaxation, which is exactly what we got. We love this place. It is a luxury for us and this is where my husband wanted to spend his 50th birthday. We drove 13 hours one way to get here. It is a lovely destination in and of itself. No need to go anywhere else. Yes, it's pricey. The parking is $16.00 a day and the resort fee is $20.00 a day on top of your room fee and 21% additional for the local and state taxes. I can't understand why the others who have reviewed this place complain about how expensive it is when they know it's a 4 star resort. If you can't afford it, why go then complain about how much it costs to stay there? Nothing in hidden, all fees are listed on their web page. We are not golfers, so our time was spent at the pool or floating around in the best lazy river I've ever seen. The pools are all quite nice as well. The grounds are well manicured and the hotel itself is beautiful. Our room was very clean and the housekeeping staff were wonderful to us. There are a few wrinkles to the place. I noticed that they have cut back on some of the extra touches they used to have that set this place over the top, and that's too bad. The hot tub/spa in the family pool area is in need of some work as it's showing it's age. They no longer give you the wonderful shampoos and soaps in your room. They now only provide generic stuff, and no more fresh fruit and water in the lobby in the afteroon. Those were things that made the place really special that are now missing, and that is a shame. Otherwise, I have no complaints and would come back again tomorrow if I could. You can bid on Priceline and get a beautiful and comfortable room for $75.00 a night. Once you add the fees and taxes, you are still paying what you would to stay in a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn and this place is far superior to either of those. Moral to the story, book it, go, enjoy, relax and be pampered. You only live once so have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-diamond Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, located just 6 miles from Walt Disney World(R) Resort, provides scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Theme Parks. In addition to 36 holes of championship golf, guests enjoy 15 acres of recreation including an 850 ft. lazy river, zero entry family pool, formal pool with private cabanas, and a lighted, 9-hole par 3 golf course, signature Mokara Spa a 24 hour fitness center, and seven on-site dining options. The main resort features 720 newly renovated guest rooms. In addition, there are 49 two- and three-bedroom luxury resort villas, equipped with full kitchens, a dining room, living room and private patio. The resort is located just 6 miles from the Walt Disney World(R) Magic Kingdom, and within 20-30 minutes from Universal, SeaWorld, the Shopping Outlets and Mall at Millenia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Hotel Davenport
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Florida/Davenport