First the location: The Omni Championsgate is located several miles south of the Disney World properties, so a rental car is a must. That being said, it took us no longer to get to the various parks than when we had stayed at properties on International drive. The difference is that the Omni is easily accessible to 4 with zero traffic. This review is based on staying 6 nights in the 2 bedroom condos adjacent to the hotel. I booked the condo via Expedia and got a great rate that included the resort fee (there was no parking fee for condo guests). Inside the condo is easily the nicest we have rented anywhere in Orlando. Plasma TV, granite counters throughout, washer-dryer, crown moldings; just a great unit. The grounds are beautiful and as other reviewers have stated the pools are fantastic. We ate at Davids sports bar one night, but the cost of food was insane so we never went back. There is a Chili's within a mile of the resort, as well as Subway, McDonalds, Publix and Walgreens.
The problem with the Omni is that they have an identity crisis. They are a resort that hosts large corporate events that also caters to families. They likely operate similar to the Ritz-Carlton model where corporate clients keep the lights on, and leisure travelers are the profit center. To that end, the nickel and diming for parking, resort fees, food, etc is a bit silly; especially the parking (the property couldn't be more secluded so a gate guard is hardly necessary). Corporate clients don't care, they just expense it. Families on vacation will easily get pissed off at all of the fees. Rather than squeezing the clients that are on property, the Omni should focus on bringing more families in by reducing or eliminating junk fees. We would have easily eaten there at least 3 nights, but the food was just too overpriced, even overpriced by Disney standards. That being said, if you have a rental car, I would recommend the Omni based on our experience with the condos....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-diamond Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, located just 6 miles from Walt Disney World(R) Resort, provides scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Theme Parks. In addition to 36 holes of championship golf, guests enjoy 15 acres of recreation including an 850 ft. lazy river, zero entry family pool, formal pool with private cabanas, and a lighted, 9-hole par 3 golf course, signature Mokara Spa a 24 hour fitness center, and seven on-site dining options. The main resort features 720 newly renovated guest rooms. In addition, there are 49 two- and three-bedroom luxury resort villas, equipped with full kitchens, a dining room, living room and private patio. The resort is located just 6 miles from the Walt Disney World(R) Magic Kingdom, and within 20-30 minutes from Universal, SeaWorld, the Shopping Outlets and Mall at Millenia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Hotel Davenport
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Florida/Davenport