“Great Stay!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family stayed (2 young children) here for 3 days. We went to Clearwater (about an hour and a half away) and Disney World (about 20 minutes away). This was the perfect location. It was quiet, nice, and clean.
Breakfast was great (waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries and more).
The pool was nice and we enjoyed it each day.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel especially if you are going to Disney to avoid the Orlando traffic and chaos.
Great value and nice hotel!

Room Tip: Must make U-Turn to get into hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were in town for a dance competition, and I just couldn't bring myself to pay $200+ a night plus a $20 resort fee per day, plus $16 for parking everyday at the host hotel. So the search began. I have to admit at first I was a little worried about what we were walking into given the lower rate but I'm so glade we gave it a shot. The rooms were very nice, much nicer then what you would think. Super comfy bed. Free breakfast and free WiFi (which was not at the host hotel). The staff was beyond awesome and answered every question I had. I had read some reviews which stated that there was a lot of noise coming from the interstate, but my daughter and I did hear much after dark. The first night our neighbors were rude with filling a cooler in the middle of the hall and slamming their door over and over. I called down to the front and the lady was super nice. Asked if I wanted to switch rooms (which at this point I was just too sleepy) and did ask them to keep the noise down. (I pointed this out to show how their team was on top of it... Noisy neighbors are not the hotels fault but I was impressed with how they offered to handle it.) Over all, we will be staying here again next year. I am super happy!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that doesn't have a window facing the interstate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We've stayed in Davenport several times either the night before we check in to our Disney Resort or the night after we leave Disney. All of three of the hotels we've stayed are good places for a great rate. We would say that currently Comfort Inn and Suites is the best of the three. Our gripe comes with navigating the u-turn required to get to the hotel...bad city planning. This was our first stay at a Comfort Inn and it was a positive one. They were friendly and it was quiet and clean. Don't know if it will continue to be better than their neighbors the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express but for now they've have a slight over the HIE and a bit bigger edge over the aging Hampton. It all started with a $59 rate on Priceline...we ended up being pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steveNmonica
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is about 20minutes away from disney parks. The rooms were small but clean. Had some problems with housekeeping on the first day with sheets and pillow cases not being changed from the previous guest. Spoke with management and no additional problems. Breakfast was ok, same omlet and sausage patties everyday and very watered down juices, waffles and additional breakfast items available but had enough after one day. For the price it is a good hotel if you are just coming in to sleep and want to save money for the parks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel is very clean. Rooms are very clean and nice. Location is excellent. Very close to everything. You will not be able to beat the price. Beds are very comfortable. Only negatives are the Air Conditioning is very loud and the internet is a little slow but it works fine if you are just checking your email. Would definitely stay here again. Staff is very nice and make you feel welcome. I recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor facing west so it is a little quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for a business trip for two days. The room was great, comfy beds, nice and clean. The staff was very gracious. The breakfast was hot and delicious. You will be very delighted to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay! This hotel is a great value ! It is so clean . Great staff and a better than average continental breakfast. I would stay here again and again. It was a great start to our Disney vacation !

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#8 of 14 in Davenport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South? Share your experiences!