“Pleasantly pleased”

Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 23 August 2014

a great place for a one nighter. No complaints. Breakfast included, nice soft pillows. Good comfortable beds. I and the family would go there again. cost $42 on line per nite. After taxes $52. Cant be beat!

Room Tip: If u go with a family of 4 even though u book for 2, they charge the same..
2  Thank erlich5

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The everyday wear-and-tear on the rooms is starting to show (carpets with matted-down sections/stains, unpainted spackle on the walls). The bed was good, the furnishings were in good condition and the bathroom was modern. However, the Internet was really bad. I had the front desk reset the router, but it did not make much of a difference.

FYI: The property is angled in a way that makes it hard to avoid hearing the highway traffic.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honestrealreviews
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is situated between I-4 and US-27, which made for easy access. When traveling to this hotel from the north, you will have to make a U-turn down the street in order to access Hotel Drive off of US-27. It does sit close to the highway, so if you are sensitive to highway traffic you may want to request a room located in the back corner of the hotel. Free Parking, nice free breakfast, very friendly staff, rooms are nicely decorated and clean. There is a fenced in outdoor pool located in the back of the hotel - it looked quite inviting, but we never had free time to use on our last 4 night trip. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We found this property to not be of the caliber we normally expect of Comfort. The carpeting in our room and the public areas was stained and worn, not very appealing. The breakfast was minimal and selection limited. There was a guest laundry, but they had run out of detergent. There did not appear to be any AC in the laundry room, which was very hot. The price for wash and dry of $2 each was the highest we have been charged having stayed in Comfort locations all over the US, as elite customers. The good news is the staff who were very pleasant.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last few months and I always enjoy my stay. The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are mostly well done and always clean. Great value stay! Only issues have been signs of small repairs to walls without being painted over and the exercise equipment needs updating (or repair). Overall very good choice of hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family stayed (2 young children) here for 3 days. We went to Clearwater (about an hour and a half away) and Disney World (about 20 minutes away). This was the perfect location. It was quiet, nice, and clean.
Breakfast was great (waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries and more).
The pool was nice and we enjoyed it each day.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel especially if you are going to Disney to avoid the Orlando traffic and chaos.
Great value and nice hotel!

Room Tip: Must make U-Turn to get into hotel
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were in town for a dance competition, and I just couldn't bring myself to pay $200+ a night plus a $20 resort fee per day, plus $16 for parking everyday at the host hotel. So the search began. I have to admit at first I was a little worried about what we were walking into given the lower rate but I'm so glade we gave it a shot. The rooms were very nice, much nicer then what you would think. Super comfy bed. Free breakfast and free WiFi (which was not at the host hotel). The staff was beyond awesome and answered every question I had. I had read some reviews which stated that there was a lot of noise coming from the interstate, but my daughter and I did hear much after dark. The first night our neighbors were rude with filling a cooler in the middle of the hall and slamming their door over and over. I called down to the front and the lady was super nice. Asked if I wanted to switch rooms (which at this point I was just too sleepy) and did ask them to keep the noise down. (I pointed this out to show how their team was on top of it... Noisy neighbors are not the hotels fault but I was impressed with how they offered to handle it.) Over all, we will be staying here again next year. I am super happy!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that doesn't have a window facing the interstate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Holiday Inn Express Orlando - South Davenport
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#8 of 13 in Davenport
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South? Share your experiences!