“Nice Place in a Great Location, but...”

and 1 more site!
Victoria Park Resort
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Nice Place in a Great Location, but...”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I rented a two-bedroom unit for myself and three other adult family members this past summer for our annual family vacation. I have been familiar with the Davenport community for years (I have an aunt and uncle who lived nearby in the Thousand Oaks community but moved to Victoria Park) and even visited the property a year in advance. It is everything that meets the eye in terms of its facilities and the amenities offered, however, customer service at one particular point was most undesirable! What started out as a small birthday gathering consisting of family and a few friends in a lounge area near the pool gradually became a disaster, partly due to the large amount of party crashers (some of whom appeared to be residents using illegal substances!) and a confrontational member of staff! (Keep in mind this was an event that was contractually agreed upon and paid for months in advance). On the night of the event, this particulary female member of staff, upon noting the amount of unwarranted, uninvited attendees, was rude, abrasive, aggressive, and lacked all sense of reasoning. She was totally IMPROFESSIONAL (I cannot stress that word enough!) and essentially ruined a wonderful vacation. As beautiful as this place is, I do not plan to spend another dime (which totalled to about $700) on another visit! The lavish Omni hotel, which is less than ten minutes away, is where I will now stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ParadigmNParadise

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Long island, NY
Reviewed 26 July 2012

What do I love about this place? EVERYTHING! We rented a 3BR apartment for our family vacation. It was wonderful! The amenities at Victoria Park were enough to keep us busy for a lazy (or not so lazy) day, yet it was close enough to Orlando to make it a nice "home base" for all of us.
The apartment itself was perfect- spacious, clean, well maintained... the office staff were ready to help us with anything we needed. We made good use of the BBQ pits, the beach volleyball court, the pingpong table, the basketball court, the pool room... we didn't use the business center or the fitness center, but it was nice to have it there just in case we needed it.
Forget about timeshares! This is BETTER!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I rented at a premium because we did not sign a lease for a full year for this three-bedroom apartment. We were in process of building a home in the area. The apartment was adequate except for the obnoxious drug users on our left. However, the rest of the folks at the complex were very good.
When we moved out, we received a bill for $132.00 to re-dye the rug because of stains and traffic wear. Bull feathers!!! It was just my wife and I so how did we produce a high traffic pattern. We only used one of the three bedrooms as we had our furniture stored in the other two. I would guess that our furniture was moving around at night.
We paid sent this sent by certified mail bill; because we do not want our 780+ credit score tarnished by their threat to send us to a collection agency. The bill did not show a $75.00 deposit that we gave them for the use of the gate cards, which we turned in when we left the keys on move out day. We paid our rent and water charges on time every month that we were in residence. It was an insult to us with an inference we left the Apartment in an unsatisfactory state.
My advice if you rent from these people is to take lots of pictures when you move out and to schedule a walk through before you go, because they cannot be trusted to do the right thing. Make sure that you mutually sign a release before the representative of Victoria Park that does the walk through departs. Bottom line: The trust relationship ends when you become a former tenant and they now turn those smiles when you arrived into scowls.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bud C
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My stay at Victoria Park Resort was perfection! In fact this is our second time staying here. The staff really makes me feel welcome, their attention to detail leaves nothing to the imagination, they are very knowledgeable, helpful, and super friendly. The accommodations are lovely, spacious and their bed are very cozy. The full size kitchens are well equipped, making meals a breeze. They have an awesome pool with beach access, indoor basketball court, and a club room with billiards and arcade! I am so glad that we found this place! It's close to everything Disney, Sea World, Universal Studios, and don't forget the outlet malls! We will definitely return. Victoria Park Resort is our "Home away from home"!

Room Tip: The staff is great there! Just tell them your needs and they make it happen.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ReginaDillon
Harrison, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Our stay here was absolutley wonderful! The staff was super friendly and we had everything we needed and more! Close to everything! Amenities were AWESOME! Great price too!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Booked for 4 weeks. We had 3 bed apartment in this resort, whilst not WOW it was liveable, however, ill equipped for families (4 people inour case) who want to do take care of themselves in terms of cooking and cleaning. Whilst the apartment is large and slept 8, it did for example have only 20 hangars in the entire place, no dishes for use in the oven, no vacuum cleaner, and so on. Cable TV in family room had not been installed. In addition the wifi for the building (7) we were in, mostly did not work. There are other unsecured wifi hotspots if you don't mind being in a public place. The resort overall, was pleasant and there are useful facilities however, they had not been well maintained. (I do understand there has been a recent change of management, therefore things may improve). I personally would not bring my family here again, I spent much of my time trying to get things changed, and chased up. (probably known as the whinging pom) I was disappointed and didn't feel I got value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Brenda S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Reunion Resort of Orlando
Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Reunion Resort & Club by 1791 Vacation Experience
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Victoria Park Resort? Share your experiences!