“Disappointing”

Victoria Park Resort
Arlington, Virginia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The exterior looks better than the interior. At least in the place I had. The rug looked well-worn and my dog had problems with fleas while staying there. The dog stations were constantly running out of bags. The A/C unit is fairly loud and comes on with a bit of a kick. The staff was nice, but ineffective. All four of the treadmills in the work-out area were broken and it took staff over two weeks to get some of them fixed. At night it was common to hear loud music playing from someone's car and people talking loudly as they hung out in the parking lot.
There isnt much to do in the immediate area. Overall, not my idea of a relaxing home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Bruce813

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

We just left the resort. It was everything we needed and expected. We were a group of 7 including grandparents, adult children and grandchildren. Check-in in the late afternoon was easy. Internet WiFi worked well with secured access. We had 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. One master with ensuite bath, twin room used hall bath, and one king used bath across a short hall off the living room. This bath was also accessed by grandchild sleeping on sofa sleeper. Each bedroom had it's own cable TV. Condo was well furnished. Everything seemed to be pretty new with no wear and tear. Very clean. Blackout drapes are nice when you want to sleep in after a late night at Disney. Four towels and one hand towel per bath. Condo was missing washcloths and a spatula. We borrowed a spatula from the office, and they said they would bring washcloths when we asked on the last day. We left for Disney so we missed them. I'm sure if we had asked earlier, it wouldn't be a problem. We did not use the pool or playground, but looked it over. Beautiful pool area looked well maintained. Pool closes at dusk. This is a county law, not a resort law. I have encountered it in other areas of Florida. Strange to those of us from Louisiana. The resort is about 10 miles from Disney and an easy drive. There is a Publix grocery store, a McDonalds, Walgreens, pizza, Subway sandwiches, and a few other things about 1/4 mile from the resort. You could walk to it, but I didn't see a sidewalk. On Saturday morning the resort offers a free continental breakfast in the clubhouse. It was all cold items like cereal, yogurt, fruit, pastries. My husband said it wasn't very exciting. When we left Sunday, the office was closed until 1:00 pm, so we left our gate key and borrowed spatula in the condo. There is never an off season at Disney so we were pleased to get such a reasonable rate of about $550 for three nights. We paid a daily rate, plus cleaning, resort fee, and taxes. We would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chessiemama
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I rented a two-bedroom unit for myself and three other adult family members this past summer for our annual family vacation. I have been familiar with the Davenport community for years (I have an aunt and uncle who lived nearby in the Thousand Oaks community but moved to Victoria Park) and even visited the property a year in advance. It is everything that meets the eye in terms of its facilities and the amenities offered, however, customer service at one particular point was most undesirable! What started out as a small birthday gathering consisting of family and a few friends in a lounge area near the pool gradually became a disaster, partly due to the large amount of party crashers (some of whom appeared to be residents using illegal substances!) and a confrontational member of staff! (Keep in mind this was an event that was contractually agreed upon and paid for months in advance). On the night of the event, this particulary female member of staff, upon noting the amount of unwarranted, uninvited attendees, was rude, abrasive, aggressive, and lacked all sense of reasoning. She was totally IMPROFESSIONAL (I cannot stress that word enough!) and essentially ruined a wonderful vacation. As beautiful as this place is, I do not plan to spend another dime (which totalled to about $700) on another visit! The lavish Omni hotel, which is less than ten minutes away, is where I will now stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ParadigmNParadise
Long island, NY
Reviewed 26 July 2012

What do I love about this place? EVERYTHING! We rented a 3BR apartment for our family vacation. It was wonderful! The amenities at Victoria Park were enough to keep us busy for a lazy (or not so lazy) day, yet it was close enough to Orlando to make it a nice "home base" for all of us.
The apartment itself was perfect- spacious, clean, well maintained... the office staff were ready to help us with anything we needed. We made good use of the BBQ pits, the beach volleyball court, the pingpong table, the basketball court, the pool room... we didn't use the business center or the fitness center, but it was nice to have it there just in case we needed it.
Forget about timeshares! This is BETTER!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I rented at a premium because we did not sign a lease for a full year for this three-bedroom apartment. We were in process of building a home in the area. The apartment was adequate except for the obnoxious drug users on our left. However, the rest of the folks at the complex were very good.
When we moved out, we received a bill for $132.00 to re-dye the rug because of stains and traffic wear. Bull feathers!!! It was just my wife and I so how did we produce a high traffic pattern. We only used one of the three bedrooms as we had our furniture stored in the other two. I would guess that our furniture was moving around at night.
We paid sent this sent by certified mail bill; because we do not want our 780+ credit score tarnished by their threat to send us to a collection agency. The bill did not show a $75.00 deposit that we gave them for the use of the gate cards, which we turned in when we left the keys on move out day. We paid our rent and water charges on time every month that we were in residence. It was an insult to us with an inference we left the Apartment in an unsatisfactory state.
My advice if you rent from these people is to take lots of pictures when you move out and to schedule a walk through before you go, because they cannot be trusted to do the right thing. Make sure that you mutually sign a release before the representative of Victoria Park that does the walk through departs. Bottom line: The trust relationship ends when you become a former tenant and they now turn those smiles when you arrived into scowls.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bud C
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My stay at Victoria Park Resort was perfection! In fact this is our second time staying here. The staff really makes me feel welcome, their attention to detail leaves nothing to the imagination, they are very knowledgeable, helpful, and super friendly. The accommodations are lovely, spacious and their bed are very cozy. The full size kitchens are well equipped, making meals a breeze. They have an awesome pool with beach access, indoor basketball court, and a club room with billiards and arcade! I am so glad that we found this place! It's close to everything Disney, Sea World, Universal Studios, and don't forget the outlet malls! We will definitely return. Victoria Park Resort is our "Home away from home"!

Room Tip: The staff is great there! Just tell them your needs and they make it happen.