“Nice community”
Orlando Villas 411 Disney Vacation Home Rentals, Top Resorts Florida Solana
Sweet Home Vacation - Offering over 1800 beautiful vacation homes close to Walt Disney World! Orlando Villas 411 Disney Vacation Home Rentals, Top Resorts Florida Solana
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Orlando Villas 411 Disney Vacation Home Rentals, Top Resorts Florida Solana
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kate G
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Nice community”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013

I have rented homes in five different states so I am going to give a very honest review on this property
This home is in an outstanding gated community. I traveled to Disney area with seven family members for my birthday. One of the days, my seven year old grandson became sick, and the folks at the clubhouse were awesome. They gave us info on the nearest clinic and were genuinely concerned about him. Very comforting to know that they could recommend a clinic that they had used themselves. The clubhouse and facilities were wonderful.. Pool was great and the bar was super. Truly great staff, very friendly and accommodating. My son-in-law used the fitness equipment everyday. The playground and mini golf was lots of fun for the kids. They had some planned kids activities, like coloring with Batman, and grand kids had fun.
Now for the actual home. The house is very nice, very large. It was very clean and had just about everything needed. Kitchen well stocked with all usual small appliances, lots of dishes and even a set of plastic dishes for kids. Very much appreciated. Nice TVs in almost every bedroom. Beds very comfortable. My husband almost always has trouble with his back in hotel beds and he had no problems. The pool was nice, clean and just warm enough for kids to swim. Extra bathrooms were great.
There a few things that could easily make this five star property. A book with the nearest stores, churches, restaurants, walk in clinic etc. would be nice. We had to call five places before we found a place to deliver a pizza. Thank goodness for the Internet, because we were able to locate everything we needed that way.
I would have appreciated a few coffee filters instead of buying an entire packet when we really only needed six. Left them there for the next people, hope the cleaning crew didnt throw them out. Also dryer took a really long time even tho I cleaned the filter every time. Suspect the vent is plugged. Some of the linens on the beds were very worn and need replacement. Hot tub okay. Seemed to take all day to warm up. We would turn up the temp when we left for Disney in the morning and by the time we got back it was good to go. We did not use the game room in the garage, mostly because we did not have any time ,but also because it was pretty dark in there. Just one dim overhead light. Used the gas grill one night but my husband said he left it cleaner than he found it.
The one issue we had, was corrected as soon as possible and we were satisfied. The garbage can was overflowing when we arrived on Saturday and pickup was not until Thursday. I called first thing Monday morning and they sent some to collect the trash later in the day.
The one very annoying issue was the hand railing going upstairs was very sticky. I tried to wipe it off but that did not help. The kids would not touch it.
My security deposit was returned quickly and I sent a note of these concerns to the company when they notified me of the deposit. I never heard back. Hopefully the railing has been taken care of.
I probably would not rent this particular property again, but I would definitly rent in this community again. We all loved the neighborhood and the facilities.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Neighborhood, club house and staff.
Liked least: Needs more attention to detail to be a five star property
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Apr 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We have made some updates and repairs since your feedback including the sticky handrail. We have also scheduled the games room to be updated in May. Thank you again for staying with us and we definitely appreciate the feedback which help us improve our services for future guests.
Washington DC
Reviewed 7 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Older travelers
7 Mar 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again!
Texas

Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Jeff R
Austin, Texas
“Good house, Lots of problems”
Reviewed 4 February 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed 12/22-12/29 in the Solana rental and all-in-all, the place was OK, however a few things contributed to a poor experience for the amount spent. We were a group of 11 people ranging from 7 to 69 yrs old.

1) Booking - I had some issues getting prompt responses from the SweetHomeVacation email address. We were able to get questions answered eventually, but it took numerous attempts to get responses.

2) Arrival - Everything went well upon arrival. No issues with check-in or property access.

3) Unit condition - Numerous issues here:
> Pool Heat - We opted to pay extra for the pool heat but upon arrival the pool filter was busted and water was leaking into yard. We got the property manager to come out and fix the pipe, but the heater was still not functional. The property manager returned again and removed the timer clips on the heater, and that worked for a couple hours, but not long enough to heat the pool. Repeated text messages to the property manager went unanswered so we got in touch with Clement who worked to get the heater fixed on Xmas eve. We were not charged for the days the heater was not working, but it was disruptive to my vacation to spend so much time pushing to get the heater working.
> BBQ Grill - Unusable. I'm a camper and don't mind a bit of grittiness to a grill that's shared, but the burners under the grates were so rusted out as to be unusable. I discussed with the property manager when he was at property on 12/23, and he said that he'd address it with Clement and get it fixed/provide a new one. That was the last I heard of it. No replacement BBQ grill was provided during our vacation.
> Patio - One chair on the patio was broken. No big deal, except that it really should be removed from the property. My father nearly sat in it and it would have collapsed. We removed it from the area for the remainder of our trip to prevent an accident.
> Lighting - One light bulb in kitchen was burned out and one was missing entirely. We asked the property manager on 12/22 to bring replacements, but none were ever provided.
> Game Room - It's the garage.
> Game Room - Ping Pong Table - The ping pong table was 3 sections, badly warped and with the net unable to be clamped in place. The sections were nearly an inch difference in height near the middle of the table. Again not usable.
> Game Room - Pool Table - Figured hey, Ping pong is not working, let's just shoot pool. We removed the sectional ping pong surface and got the balls out of the pockets, then noticed there were no tips on the pool cues. Not surprised by this point (over halfway through week long rental), we didn't even report it.
> Game Room - Foosball Table - This was the only source of fun in the room. We played with it, even though one man dangled loosely on the spinning rod (a screw attaching him was missing) and person on the south side of the table had a decided advantage since the table badly sloped towards the north goal.

We also had quite a time trying to figure out where the switch for the always-on ceiling fan in the living room was. Didn't appear to be able to be turned off since it was > 10' up to fan on vaulted ceiling.

The worst part was my son slept alone in the boy's room, and got numerous red swollen bites all over his torso and legs. Don't know what caused it, but we thoroughly washed everything upon returning home.

The house itself was fine. Rooms looked mostly as promised, and most items worked fine. The lack of good management and the disrepair of the amenities that sold me on this place really left a sour taste in my mouth.

The location of the property is only good if your time will be spent solely in Disney. It's quite a haul to get into Orlando proper, and the restaurant selection in the general vicinity is mediocre at best.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ability to vacation with my extended family
Liked least: The lack of good property management
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Feb 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am sorry to hear about your poor experiences in my home. There are no excuses for any of the inconveniences you had to go through. However I will still offer an explanation for what happened.

Just prior to your arrival, we had a back to back booking where the group checked out on the same day you checked in. Unfortunately the previous group had a party in the house and did a number of damages in the pool area and games room. With the limited time frame, my house keeping team did their best to get the house ready, but could not fix everything up in time. We have since then repaired and replaced all the damages.

I have also requested my management team to increase their staff as we were definitely overwhelmed during the peak holiday season.

All feedback is always good feedback, and we have always learned and improved from it.

Thanks again for staying with us,
Clement Ng
Michigan
Reviewed 6 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing