“Yet again ... 1st Class !!”

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Just got back from the wonderful Bahama Bay - this was our 4th family trip to this resort, and it is still as wonderful as before. When you revisit somewhere for a holiday you are always a little uneasy that standards may have slipped but I was really impressed with everything at the resort
The pools , and beach were absolutely spotless, the grounds a joy to wander round. It is noticeable how much all the wonderful trees have grown giving the whole place a lovely established feel.
Our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom ground floor condo was perfect. As there were 5 of us, my husband had to use the sofa bed in the lounge and he said it was the best bed he's slept in for ages !
What impresses us most, having teenage children, is how safe the place is. They can wander up to the clubhouse or go to the beach without us parents having to worry. All in all, a perfect retreat from the hectic theme parks.
We will be back !!

3  Thank hermosaEssexUK
Write a ReviewReviews (2,248)

Reviewed 10 November 2011

My family stayed in this resort while vacationing at Disney. Our party had five adults and a toddler. The condo we were given was tastefully decorated and very clean. We were upgraded from a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom. It was really nice to have our own kitchen, washer & dryer. Traveling to the parks was not as convenient - about a 15 minute drive - but well worth it. The pools were well maintained and fairly quiet. The building we were in was fairly quiet - however we could hear the family in the condo above us come in every night after midnight and stomp around.
We did not use any of the additional amenities aside from the pool directly behind our building. We have stayed in 'resorts' like this before and Bahama Bay is by far the cleanest and nicest. We will be staying here the next time our extended family travels together to Disney.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jhdoughty
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed here in October 2011. Was a bit worried before we went due to negative comments but found the bahama bay perfect. Our apartment was clean and big enough for our family of 4 (2 bed). Pools were always clean as was surrounding areas. We were about 15 mins away from Disney and 30 mins away from Universal which is what we expect when we go to Orlando. Staff were always very friendly and enjoyed the karoke night on saturday night. I have recommended the Bahama Bay to a friend and would definately stay here again.

1  Thank Jillo71
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We have stayed at this resort twice and love it. Thecondos are clean and spacious. It's perfect for our family because we prepare a few big meals when we arrive and then we can relax and eat all week. It's about a 15 minute drive to disney and 20 to seaworld. We also love the kids water play area. We have not eaten at the restaurant or used the spa yet. This has now become the place for us everytime we come to Orlando.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Dan F
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We checked in approx. 10pm. I was excited to see that we were given a 3 bedroom when we only booked a 2. Soon after opening the door I realized how absolutely gross it was. A roach greeted us as we walked in. I laid my sleeping children down in their bed and proceeded to the bathroom that smelled of urine. The carpet was so gross I felt so disgusted walking across it. I went to turn down the Master room bed and noticed the sheets had holes in them and there was about 10 hairs all over the bed. I would have called that night but I knew there was nothing they could do at that time. My husband and I found some more sheets and put them on the bed. These had even bigger holes. Then went to put away all my children's clothes. I took their suitcase into the 3rd bedroom. As I am about to lay their suitcase on one of the twin beds I notice something brown all over it. As I looked closer I noticed it was cockroach POOP!!!! As I look at the other bed I notice all the stains on the throw pillows and comforter that look like they have never been washed, ever!! I called first thing in the morning. They came and changed the comforters on the twin beds only and had someone come and spray. We came back later that evening after a long day at the theme park. My daughter starting screaming because a huge waterbug was in the bathroom. Did I mention there was also a large smashed spider on the wall of the shower the cleaning crew didn't clean. I also noticed boogers all over the wall. Whoever "cleaned" Building 22 Room 104 is very lazy and needs to be fired. I have never in my life stayed at such a nasty place. BTW unlike every other condo I have stayed in there is no welcome pack that includes mini necessities. No dish washing liquid, no shampoo, no single load laundry soap, etc. Also no dishcloths in the kitchen.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank baylor81
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had stopped at Bahama Bay a few years ago and was a little worried having read some of the reviews. No need to worry at all, the appartments were up to the high standards as before and the whole complex looks great. Staff were helpful,Swimming pools spotless, Gardens well kept, in general book with confidance :)

2  Thank Brendan M
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Visited Bahama Bay Resort for the second time, and the furniture in the 3 bed apartment we stayed has recently been upgraded, there is more choice and improved quality of food in the Tradewinds bar, and the staff were very helpful. On this trip we only went to Disney property once (a short 15 minute drive), so is far enough away to be peaceful and relaxed but still close enough to attractions (theme parks and less commercialised places) and restaurants to have the best of both worlds.

Bahama Bay Resort is now at the top of my list of places to stay in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DadHorley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
#17 of 155 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!