“Not the worst but not planning to go back”

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Bahama Bay is the "Sister Resort" to Caribe Cove which is in the same area.Bahama Bay has had Mixed Reviews.. but then again so do most Resorts. Had we stayed at Bahama Bay first I might have liked it better.

The most important thing here is .. IF you have walking/climbing issues you HAVE to ask for a bottom floor. NO ELEVATORS Here. Even if you have no trouble walking, lugging luggage and tired kids up 1-2 flights of stairs can me tough.

Our room needed some TLC. Rug was worn and looked like it needed a cleaning. Living room couch needed new cushionsas they were very soft and it needed a cleaning as well. We had the 3 bedroom unit and THANKFULLY WE DID. The Master Bedroom mattress was NOT GOOD for an adult unless you like sleeping on a very soft mattress. The twin beds and the other queen bed were in good shape.
I would liked to have seen celing fans in all bedrooms as our room tended to get hot and stay hot. The Master Bedroom was the only Bedroom with a Ceiling Fan... good thing I walways travel with small portable fans. They have 2 classifications of rooms.. and IF you want the Deep Bathtub with the jets.. you have to ask for the Deluxe rooms.. Did not notice that when we booked and I was REALLY Dissapointed.

The Thermostat will let you make your room as HOT as you want.. but 68 degreesis as LOW as you can set it. However there were times it did not make it to 68 and one night I swear it was 62 degrees. I like a resort that allows you total control of YOUR ROOM TEMPERATURE.Walls must be thin.. I could hear people above us and next to us.

Our Unit might have been too far for the WiFi they have on site for you.. most of the time we had to go out on to our SMALL Screened balcony to get a signal.Pretty bad that as SOON as I would leave Property, My phone had better Service than it did while in the room.

The Kitchen had the items you would need to cook meals.. but our unit had no dish washing soap , good thing I brough some with me.No Laundry Detergent in our room.. I hope it too was an oversite.. once again.. glad I had brought my own.

Had I not stayed at the Caraibe Cove first.. Maybe I could give here a better rating.. it is not as nice but better than other similar Resorts that are in the area. The Drive to attractions did not bother us.. we actually LIKE being out towards that end. It is Less Tourist and more Family. The Walmart out there gets less trafficso stock is not as depleated and the restaurants are less crowded.

Did not visit the pool areas as our trip was very short and we spent 2 days at Aquatica Waterpark.

I gave Bahama Bay an Average.. only because OVERALL it was not POOR and I had nothing in between as an option. IF we ever stay there again... it wil only be because any place else we would want to stay .. has no vacancies.

Room Tip: Stay on the Bottom Floor, Ask to be close to the Club House if you need better WiFi.
1  Thank kykatt

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Part of our stay in Orlando was spent at the Bahama Bay Resort. We are a family of 5 and greatly enjoyed the tons of space you get at Bahama Bay. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa which was like a home away from home. The washer and dryer in the villa was a treat. Other than the pool, we did not use much of the other resort amenities. They offer free DVD rentals, but the selection was poor and the one we tried froze midway throught the movie. Its about a 30 minute drive to Universal. Grocery stores and restaurants (for take-out) are close by. A great value considering all the space you get.

2  Thank dt2009Nj
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Goods:
The units are very large, well built, well equiped, lots of appliances, Many warm pools. Staff are OK. Convinience store is a goal. It was well cleanned. 2 large bathrooms in the unit i´ve stayed.

Bad:
Location, but easy access. No daily cleaning or room service. The water at the shower wasnt hot enough. Little detais that doesn´t compromise the good experiende we had.

I will go back for sure and already indicated for many friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Givankiw
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was our fourth or fifth time staying here. It was great as always. Perfect for families with children. There is more than enough room for everyone to spread out. We have three small children so we love the full kitchen. It was about a thirty minute drive to seaworld. The only negative I can think of is that the three bedroom condo we stayed in was on the third floor. No elevator. We asked for ground floor after check in but they said the three bedroom units were all on the third floor. With three kids and luggage it was kind of hard on my husband. Other than that....the property is beautiful. We are already planning our next trip to orlando and will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Fadayomis
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed at Bahama Bay Aug. 2012. The place is great. Clean rooms, pretty much quiet at night except for the duck deterrent jabbering on all night. It's not loud enough that you can't sleep, just a minor annoyance. The staff was polite and helpful. Came with 2 teens and they both loved it. We will defenitly stay here everytime we come to the orlando area.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the pond or lake. There is a constant duck call all night to keep ducks...
3  Thank shy_girl97
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We are wrapping up out 10 day stay at the Bahama Bay resort and have to say it met our expectations. We had 5 people in our party and the 3 bedroom apartment was spacious enough for everyone.I thoroughly read enough reviews to know that the apartments were a little worn and could be loud depending on your location. Below are our pros and cons as well as some tips we found helpful!

Pluses:
- Great views... we could see the fireworks at both Epcot (9p.m.) and Magic Kingdom (10 p.m.) pretty much every night.

- Pretty clean and plenty of towels. Don't need to bring pool towels because they supply them.

- Great to have the free DVD rentals! We utilized this every night. It was great!

- Beds are a little hard, but honestly, we were so tired every night that we hardly noticed!

- Bare bones selection of kitchen instruments, but overall fairly good.There is even a broom (in very poor condition) and vacuum.

Cons:
- Pools and hot-tub could definitely be cleaner. It was obvious they were not cleaned daily and there were green mold-like looking circles all of the hot-tub.

- Carpets were horrendous! A simple carpet cleaner would probably alleviate most of the stains!

- Pots and pans -- they need more! And get rid of the stainless steel pan. We ended up buying a larger non-stick frying pan because we tried to cook hash browns in the smaller stainless steel one and it was a disaster! So plan on either bringing a nonstick one with you, or forking out an extra $20 to buy one. They also had the cookie sheet hiding in the oven when we arrived so I didn't notice it and bought an extra one. Glad I did though because the one they supplied was pretty small. I definitely recommend checking out the supply before you head out to purchase groceries!

- I knew that the Bahama Bay was a bit out of the way, and it definitely is. It started to get a little old as our stay progressed... especially if you caught all the red stoplights down 192.

- We specifically requested a 3rd floor apartment so we wouldn't have as much noise to contend with and I am glad we did. It was fairly quiet. The only noise we had was when a family moved into the apartment next to ours (about day 6 of our stay) and then we could hear their kids running up and down the halls. Also they apparently never learned how to close a door because they kept slamming the door and it was really loud!

Overall, I would say this was a 3.5 star stay. For the price, it is worth putting up with the somewhat worn furnishings and the slightly longer distance from Disney. Other than the pool and the carpets, it was pretty clean and came fairly stocked. For about twice as much money you could stay in a nicer apartment closer to Disney... but we would rather save some money and we will likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor if you don't mind the climb up the stairs. It was definitely qui...
4  Thank SaschaYork_PA
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom building 32. The room is clean, however the amenities are OLD! The t.v.'s are old, the beds and framing are old and the kitchen set up is old. For this to be similar or resemble the bahamas this is no where near close. The restaurant on site is old looking. The games in the arcade or broke. The only thing close to good is the pool and maybe just knowing you have a decent place to stay. I would not stay here again unless I'm desperate. They seriously need an upgrade!

Room Tip: Choose a different resort
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#27 of 154 in Kissimmee
Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!