Bahama Bay is the "Sister Resort" to Caribe Cove which is in the same area.Bahama Bay has had Mixed Reviews.. but then again so do most Resorts. Had we stayed at Bahama Bay first I might have liked it better.
The most important thing here is .. IF you have walking/climbing issues you HAVE to ask for a bottom floor. NO ELEVATORS Here. Even if you have no trouble walking, lugging luggage and tired kids up 1-2 flights of stairs can me tough.
Our room needed some TLC. Rug was worn and looked like it needed a cleaning. Living room couch needed new cushionsas they were very soft and it needed a cleaning as well. We had the 3 bedroom unit and THANKFULLY WE DID. The Master Bedroom mattress was NOT GOOD for an adult unless you like sleeping on a very soft mattress. The twin beds and the other queen bed were in good shape.
I would liked to have seen celing fans in all bedrooms as our room tended to get hot and stay hot. The Master Bedroom was the only Bedroom with a Ceiling Fan... good thing I walways travel with small portable fans. They have 2 classifications of rooms.. and IF you want the Deep Bathtub with the jets.. you have to ask for the Deluxe rooms.. Did not notice that when we booked and I was REALLY Dissapointed.
The Thermostat will let you make your room as HOT as you want.. but 68 degreesis as LOW as you can set it. However there were times it did not make it to 68 and one night I swear it was 62 degrees. I like a resort that allows you total control of YOUR ROOM TEMPERATURE.Walls must be thin.. I could hear people above us and next to us.
Our Unit might have been too far for the WiFi they have on site for you.. most of the time we had to go out on to our SMALL Screened balcony to get a signal.Pretty bad that as SOON as I would leave Property, My phone had better Service than it did while in the room.
The Kitchen had the items you would need to cook meals.. but our unit had no dish washing soap , good thing I brough some with me.No Laundry Detergent in our room.. I hope it too was an oversite.. once again.. glad I had brought my own.
Had I not stayed at the Caraibe Cove first.. Maybe I could give here a better rating.. it is not as nice but better than other similar Resorts that are in the area. The Drive to attractions did not bother us.. we actually LIKE being out towards that end. It is Less Tourist and more Family. The Walmart out there gets less trafficso stock is not as depleated and the restaurants are less crowded.
Did not visit the pool areas as our trip was very short and we spent 2 days at Aquatica Waterpark.
I gave Bahama Bay an Average.. only because OVERALL it was not POOR and I had nothing in between as an option. IF we ever stay there again... it wil only be because any place else we would want to stay .. has no vacancies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Davenport is the beautiful Bahama Bay Resort and Spa. Just off the beaten path, Bahama Bay is a hidden gem amongst the theme parks. Take a stroll on one of the nature trails, go for a dip in one of the four pools, soak in the hot tub or play a game of tennis, the resort has everything whether you want to relax or be active. Your room has a fully stocked kitchen and a washer and dryer, saving you money on eating out and packing a heavy suitcase, as well as plenty of living space and a screened in patio to enjoy the Florida weather. With resort wide Wi-Fi, no parking fees, free DVD rentals in the lobby and a friendly staff on-site to help you with your every need, Bahama Bay Resort & Spa is where you want to be! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando By Wyndham Vacation Rentals Florida/Davenport