Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Groupon.com
US$244
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South(Davenport)(Great Value!)
US$74
Priceline
US$71
US$67
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,260 results
All reviewstradewinds restaurantlake davenportman made beachcleaning feegran bahamabed apartmentpools and hot tubstop floorwasher and dryermain poolthree bedroomno elevatormaster bedroomdisney parksthird floorminute drivefull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in 3 bedroom May 21-27th. Room itself is exactly what I expected. Only negative was the queen bed being really old and needing to be replaced and quite a few stains in the carpet. I can deal with those issues as the room itself was really cheap and the value is really worth it. I have heard some rooms are more updated than others as ours was probably an older one.

Pools were very nice and clean and the grounds are very well taken cafe of.

Only complaint I have about the pool was by the trade winds restaurant. We were harassed by restaurant staff as soon as we walked into the pool area and found a table telling us we can't have coolers or food. We didn't have food and the cooler the employee pointed our was my wife's cannon camera bag with her camera and not a cooler. We showed him this and he told me Wyndham doesn't like items brought into the pool. The people sitting next to us were talking about how they were treated too. I guess management should maybe teach employees what a cooler is or don't say anything at all as it's tacky and impolite. And by the way it was 96 degrees out and if I did want to bring some water for my kids into the pool I would as they need it to survive in the heat. I'm not paying 3 dollars for a bottle of water at the restaurant.

We liked the room and the resort for the money. Would recommend to others and families.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank sanselment
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at condo 12 401 owned by Bruce and Linda . We would highly recommend this condo. We are a family of 4 and it offered everything we needed. It was really convenient for all the parks, especially Disney. It was a spacious and well looked after property on lovely grounds. The swimming pool was a few minutes walk away with a man made beach. We thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Bruce and Linda were excellent to deal with and we hope to come back again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Spatchy
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Came here 2011 with the family x came again 2014 have had 2 complaints for noise?? First night arrived back in our unit after having dinner in the Tradewinds Restaurant, 2 minutes after walking through the door the phone goes front desk had had a complaint about
noises, what noise I asked we had just got in with my 2 grandchildren and I had put them straight to bed after a very tiring day travelling from the UK.
Needless to say I was furious and I complained to management next day I was told not to worry. That evening at 9:07 the phone goes again another complaint about noise, people running up and down. I had my daughter and her family for dinner 5 children in all, sorry but what are we supposed to do strap them to chairs and tell them not to move. If this is an issue I suggest you do not put families with young children on the 1st or 2nd floor.
I have travelled all over the world and have never been treated like this I
feel very undermined & won't stay again :(( this is our holiday & I have been treated like a juvenile deliquent.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank grava
Keith O, General Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

It is our Staff responsiblity when a guest calls us to say there is in their minds too much noise from a unit above to first call the guest above to notify them of the issue and see if there is something that can be done. I am truly sorry the guest feels mistreated in this case.

We do want a family and enjoyable atmosphere on property and to respect the neighbors around your unit.

Keith Odza

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We usually rent large pool-homes in the Davenport area, but this time our group was small (four) and included one lady in a wheelchair. The photos looked good so I called, and I was able to reserve a wheelchair-accessible unit with three bedrooms that was PERFECT for us. The price was less than comparable rental homes, and the property was exceptionally nice. Well-equipped kitchen (although 2 burners on the stove didn't work and I forgot to mention it to them), plenty of towels, two bathrooms (one with a roll-in shower), and a washer and dryer. Our building was a short stroll to two of the resort's four swimming pools, which were nicely heated. The jacuzzi was large and hot with strong jets, and they've got a nice restaurant, a games area, and good exercise facility as well. The folks at the desk were extremely efficient and friendly when checking us in and out, and there's also a nice little gift shop and a lounge area upstairs with many books that one can borrow. For wheelchair users, we noticed that each pool had a large hydraulic lift chair that can be used for either the pool or jacuzzi. We didn't get a chance to use it, but it's good to know this can be done. I won't hesitate to use this resort again in the future, and if I need more bedrooms I might opt to rent two units rather than go back to the pool home. There's a spa with massage therapists on hand, but we didn't have time to check it out.

Room Tip: As there are several pools, I believe any location would be convenient although we appreciated being fairly close (5 minutes walk) to the reception area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sleepycat69

Thank you for the nice review. All of our units are close to one of our 4 pools and 6 hot tubs on property. We are a great alternative to an indvidual home as we have on site staff and all the comforts of a house in our units.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The three bedroom unit was clean and comfortable. We rented the unit for a week, primarily to visit theme parks in Orlando. The location is also good and convenient for making day trips to Tampa. If you just want to relax, the pools and splash pads for the kids are nice. The pizza at the Tradewinds Restaurant was good too. Thanks for the great stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family