“Breathtaking gardens, pleasant colors and beautiful weather”

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Kitchener, Canada
“Breathtaking gardens, pleasant colors and beautiful weather”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bahama Bay is one of my favorite places to vacation.
The beauty of it all is you don't have to leave the resort. It has everything I want on a holiday to be. Pools, sunshine karaoke and restaurant/bar.
The property is well maintained with beautiful gardens. It's clean and quiet.
The staff move around on golf carts so it's quiet. They are polite and helpful.
The condos are lovely. Comfortable sleep and with a full kitchen you can cook or eat out to many places in the area. Washer and dryer is huge for me since it reminds us to pack lighter.
The pools are warm and the hot tubs are clean. The trails are breathtaking.....and good for taking pictures. The buildings are very tropical looking and when on holidays you want to feel like you're on holidays...at Bahama Bay you do! I will go back again!

Room Tip: Location is everything! I love being near the amenities. By the pools and restaurant are key...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mary K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just returned from a great stay at Bahama Beach Resort. Our condo was in building 12 and was in a great location. We were greeted by friendly staff in the Club House and didn't have to wait to check in. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and Wyndam has made this a priority. We loved Tradewinds restaurant and the hamburgers and pizza were fantastic. What made our stay so enjoyable were our servers Lisa and Melissa.They went above and beyond to make us feel at home. We will be back next year and can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 123Aria
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My 1st visit was for Lunch. Served by Gary who ensured we had an friendly welcome. I had a pizza it was done to perfection and served on warm plates, which for me is always a bonus. We were not hurried to leave and all in all if you the opportunity to visit, do so you will enjoy, we did.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tony H
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in 3 bedroom May 21-27th. Room itself is exactly what I expected. Only negative was the queen bed being really old and needing to be replaced and quite a few stains in the carpet. I can deal with those issues as the room itself was really cheap and the value is really worth it. I have heard some rooms are more updated than others as ours was probably an older one.

Pools were very nice and clean and the grounds are very well taken cafe of.

Only complaint I have about the pool was by the trade winds restaurant. We were harassed by restaurant staff as soon as we walked into the pool area and found a table telling us we can't have coolers or food. We didn't have food and the cooler the employee pointed our was my wife's cannon camera bag with her camera and not a cooler. We showed him this and he told me Wyndham doesn't like items brought into the pool. The people sitting next to us were talking about how they were treated too. I guess management should maybe teach employees what a cooler is or don't say anything at all as it's tacky and impolite. And by the way it was 96 degrees out and if I did want to bring some water for my kids into the pool I would as they need it to survive in the heat. I'm not paying 3 dollars for a bottle of water at the restaurant.

We liked the room and the resort for the money. Would recommend to others and families.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank sanselment
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at condo 12 401 owned by Bruce and Linda . We would highly recommend this condo. We are a family of 4 and it offered everything we needed. It was really convenient for all the parks, especially Disney. It was a spacious and well looked after property on lovely grounds. The swimming pool was a few minutes walk away with a man made beach. We thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Bruce and Linda were excellent to deal with and we hope to come back again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Spatchy
merseyside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Came here 2011 with the family x came again 2014 have had 2 complaints for noise?? First night arrived back in our unit after having dinner in the Tradewinds Restaurant, 2 minutes after walking through the door the phone goes front desk had had a complaint about
noises, what noise I asked we had just got in with my 2 grandchildren and I had put them straight to bed after a very tiring day travelling from the UK.
Needless to say I was furious and I complained to management next day I was told not to worry. That evening at 9:07 the phone goes again another complaint about noise, people running up and down. I had my daughter and her family for dinner 5 children in all, sorry but what are we supposed to do strap them to chairs and tell them not to move. If this is an issue I suggest you do not put families with young children on the 1st or 2nd floor.
I have travelled all over the world and have never been treated like this I
feel very undermined & won't stay again :(( this is our holiday & I have been treated like a juvenile deliquent.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank grava
Keith O, General Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
It is our Staff responsiblity when a guest calls us to say there is in their minds too much noise from a unit above to first call the guest above to notify them of the issue and see if there is something that can be done. I am truly sorry the guest feels mistreated in this case.

We do want a family and enjoyable atmosphere on property and to respect the neighbors around your unit.

Keith Odza
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We usually rent large pool-homes in the Davenport area, but this time our group was small (four) and included one lady in a wheelchair. The photos looked good so I called, and I was able to reserve a wheelchair-accessible unit with three bedrooms that was PERFECT for us. The price was less than comparable rental homes, and the property was exceptionally nice. Well-equipped kitchen (although 2 burners on the stove didn't work and I forgot to mention it to them), plenty of towels, two bathrooms (one with a roll-in shower), and a washer and dryer. Our building was a short stroll to two of the resort's four swimming pools, which were nicely heated. The jacuzzi was large and hot with strong jets, and they've got a nice restaurant, a games area, and good exercise facility as well. The folks at the desk were extremely efficient and friendly when checking us in and out, and there's also a nice little gift shop and a lounge area upstairs with many books that one can borrow. For wheelchair users, we noticed that each pool had a large hydraulic lift chair that can be used for either the pool or jacuzzi. We didn't get a chance to use it, but it's good to know this can be done. I won't hesitate to use this resort again in the future, and if I need more bedrooms I might opt to rent two units rather than go back to the pool home. There's a spa with massage therapists on hand, but we didn't have time to check it out.

Room Tip: As there are several pools, I believe any location would be convenient although we appreciated being...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sleepycat69
Thank you for the nice review. All of our units are close to one of our 4 pools and 6 hot tubs on property. We are a great alternative to an indvidual home as we have on site staff and all the comforts of a house in our units.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
#16 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!