I have stayed at Bahama Bay numerous times before and have reviewed Bahama Bay before, but, this is more about the apartment than the place (Sep 2013).
I have always had a great time here and the apartments and location are brilliant!
What had changed since our prior visit (March 2013) is that there was a lovely LITTLE waterpark area for young kids, near the clubhouse.
When I say waterpark, I mean a few floor fountains and jets of water here and there, but, my 2 young girls loved it! They could have spent a couple of hours there, wandering around with their buckets and inflatable toys.
The apartment we had was a Grand Bahama again - not quite as nice as the previous one, but still good. This Grand Bahama (the largest of the 4 condo types) was located in Block 32 (Apartment no 616). It was close-ish to the perimeter of Bahama Bay, but not affected by road noise (it's a quiet road anyway). The view from the main balcony was quite nice and over looked a pool. (Our previous condo had a nicer view over looking the lake towards the clubhouse).
We spent 10 nights here. My main gripe with the condo was the beds. In the main bedroom (ours) it was a very large bed, but, quite low, compared to the usual bed you'd get, and very creaky. Turned out my son's was too as were my daughters'.
My other gripe was that the unit was maintenance managed by an off-site company, so, if you had any faults/issues you'd have to go through them rather than Bahama Bay.
The unit is owned by an English family who offered a friendly, trouble free service from the moment I contacted them (Theresa) about the property. She also gave me a great price for the unit - less than £50/night, including the cleaning fee! (most owners have to add this on - approx. $80).
I did speak to Theresa afterwards about the beds and she said they were looking at adding some sort of bed liner to the beds - this may have been added now, or maybe even better - new beds?
All in all, this unit offered great value for money and it is the Grand Bahama - largest 3 bed unit. The equipment level and quality of equipment wasn't up the level of the other Grand Bahama we stayed in (also reviewed), but, still a nice place. Would I stay there again - if the beds were renewed - definitely!
The resort itself, at this time of year (September) was very quiet - we had pools to ourselves most of the time.
Bahama Bay is a lovely place to stay and base yourself for the multitude of activities nearby.
The shopping centre (and Applebees) are only about a mile away, so, very convenient. There's a Walmart and Lowes not too far away as well.
For eating with kids - Sweet Tomatoes is ideal. Its in the same complex as the Super target, on the 192, near Orange Lakes. Its a buffet style place with heaps of saled, pasta, soup, pizza, etc and ice cream. No waiting on staff and if the kids make a little mess, it's not as big a deal as it might be elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Davenport is the beautiful Bahama Bay Resort and Spa. Just off the beaten path, Bahama Bay is a hidden gem amongst the theme parks. Take a stroll on one of the nature trails, go for a dip in one of the four pools, soak in the hot tub or play a game of tennis, the resort has everything whether you want to relax or be active. Your room has a fully stocked kitchen and a washer and dryer, saving you money on eating out and packing a heavy suitcase, as well as plenty of living space and a screened in patio to enjoy the Florida weather. With resort wide Wi-Fi, no parking fees, free DVD rentals in the lobby and a friendly staff on-site to help you with your every need, Bahama Bay Resort & Spa is where you want to be! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando By Wyndham Vacation Rentals Florida/Davenport