Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Average resort”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The best thing about the resort is the splash pad. It's a great area for the little ones to run around and stay cool.
I was not impressed with the housekeeping. The grout was dirty in higher trafficked areas compared to the closet in the restrooms. The tile was also sticky. Walking around with no shoes in condo made our feet black. The carpet was stained amd sticky in spots.
The couch was beaten down. I would say it was well loved.
We had a problem with cockroaches in the kitchen. I woke up in the middle of the night to them on the floor and counters in the kitchen. Maintenance did come spray something in the morning when we callled. I am not sure if this got rid of them as we were too afraid to turn lights off at night.
There's no elevators. So if you don't want to carry luggage, and groceries up stairs I would suggest asking for ground level condo.
The wifi wouldn't work the whole time we were there. We called front desk amd they said they were working on fixing the problem. The next day it still didn't work. Front desk said it was fixed and nothing else they could do. It was confusing why it wouldn't work. We had three different tablets and three different cell phones with different service provider. we couldn't get any of them to connect. That was a bummer.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We rented a 2 bedroom VRBO at the resort in late May and found it very comfortable and relaxing. Relatively inexpensive, yet the rooms were very nice and had everything we needed. Well, there wasn't a pasta spoon, but that is just nit-picking, isn't it?!?!? Plenty of space for the 5 of us. We were equal distance from the main pool and the small pool in the center of our buildings, so we just use the larger pool. Plenty of chairs and the area was clean. Nice to have the DVD rental machines, and a few games at the clubhouses that are free (pool and Foosball). We ate lunch at the Tradewinds restaurant our first day and it was good food and friendly service. Nice sunset over the lake. Nice to be off of the beaten path, away from the touristy strips. Enjoyed driving down 192 and seeing all of the tourist stuff, but then nice to relax at the resort instead!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike S
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at Bahama Bay numerous times before and have reviewed Bahama Bay before, but, this is more about the apartment than the place (Sep 2013).
I have always had a great time here and the apartments and location are brilliant!
What had changed since our prior visit (March 2013) is that there was a lovely LITTLE waterpark area for young kids, near the clubhouse.
When I say waterpark, I mean a few floor fountains and jets of water here and there, but, my 2 young girls loved it! They could have spent a couple of hours there, wandering around with their buckets and inflatable toys.
The apartment we had was a Grand Bahama again - not quite as nice as the previous one, but still good. This Grand Bahama (the largest of the 4 condo types) was located in Block 32 (Apartment no 616). It was close-ish to the perimeter of Bahama Bay, but not affected by road noise (it's a quiet road anyway). The view from the main balcony was quite nice and over looked a pool. (Our previous condo had a nicer view over looking the lake towards the clubhouse).
We spent 10 nights here. My main gripe with the condo was the beds. In the main bedroom (ours) it was a very large bed, but, quite low, compared to the usual bed you'd get, and very creaky. Turned out my son's was too as were my daughters'.
My other gripe was that the unit was maintenance managed by an off-site company, so, if you had any faults/issues you'd have to go through them rather than Bahama Bay.
The unit is owned by an English family who offered a friendly, trouble free service from the moment I contacted them (Theresa) about the property. She also gave me a great price for the unit - less than £50/night, including the cleaning fee! (most owners have to add this on - approx. $80).
I did speak to Theresa afterwards about the beds and she said they were looking at adding some sort of bed liner to the beds - this may have been added now, or maybe even better - new beds?
All in all, this unit offered great value for money and it is the Grand Bahama - largest 3 bed unit. The equipment level and quality of equipment wasn't up the level of the other Grand Bahama we stayed in (also reviewed), but, still a nice place. Would I stay there again - if the beds were renewed - definitely!
The resort itself, at this time of year (September) was very quiet - we had pools to ourselves most of the time.
Bahama Bay is a lovely place to stay and base yourself for the multitude of activities nearby.
The shopping centre (and Applebees) are only about a mile away, so, very convenient. There's a Walmart and Lowes not too far away as well.
For eating with kids - Sweet Tomatoes is ideal. Its in the same complex as the Super target, on the 192, near Orange Lakes. Its a buffet style place with heaps of saled, pasta, soup, pizza, etc and ice cream. No waiting on staff and if the kids make a little mess, it's not as big a deal as it might be elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask if the beds have been replaced/modified since Sep 2013
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Audi_Chris
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bahama Bay is one of my favorite places to vacation.
The beauty of it all is you don't have to leave the resort. It has everything I want on a holiday to be. Pools, sunshine karaoke and restaurant/bar.
The property is well maintained with beautiful gardens. It's clean and quiet.
The staff move around on golf carts so it's quiet. They are polite and helpful.
The condos are lovely. Comfortable sleep and with a full kitchen you can cook or eat out to many places in the area. Washer and dryer is huge for me since it reminds us to pack lighter.
The pools are warm and the hot tubs are clean. The trails are breathtaking.....and good for taking pictures. The buildings are very tropical looking and when on holidays you want to feel like you're on holidays...at Bahama Bay you do! I will go back again!

Room Tip: Location is everything! I love being near the amenities. By the pools and restaurant are key...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mary K
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just returned from a great stay at Bahama Beach Resort. Our condo was in building 12 and was in a great location. We were greeted by friendly staff in the Club House and didn't have to wait to check in. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and Wyndam has made this a priority. We loved Tradewinds restaurant and the hamburgers and pizza were fantastic. What made our stay so enjoyable were our servers Lisa and Melissa.They went above and beyond to make us feel at home. We will be back next year and can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 123Aria
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My 1st visit was for Lunch. Served by Gary who ensured we had an friendly welcome. I had a pizza it was done to perfection and served on warm plates, which for me is always a bonus. We were not hurried to leave and all in all if you the opportunity to visit, do so you will enjoy, we did.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tony H
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in 3 bedroom May 21-27th. Room itself is exactly what I expected. Only negative was the queen bed being really old and needing to be replaced and quite a few stains in the carpet. I can deal with those issues as the room itself was really cheap and the value is really worth it. I have heard some rooms are more updated than others as ours was probably an older one.

Pools were very nice and clean and the grounds are very well taken cafe of.

Only complaint I have about the pool was by the trade winds restaurant. We were harassed by restaurant staff as soon as we walked into the pool area and found a table telling us we can't have coolers or food. We didn't have food and the cooler the employee pointed our was my wife's cannon camera bag with her camera and not a cooler. We showed him this and he told me Wyndham doesn't like items brought into the pool. The people sitting next to us were talking about how they were treated too. I guess management should maybe teach employees what a cooler is or don't say anything at all as it's tacky and impolite. And by the way it was 96 degrees out and if I did want to bring some water for my kids into the pool I would as they need it to survive in the heat. I'm not paying 3 dollars for a bottle of water at the restaurant.

We liked the room and the resort for the money. Would recommend to others and families.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank sanselment
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
#17 of 152 in Kissimmee
Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!