Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The best thing about this resort is its location and that is exactly how they expect to stay in business. It is situated only a short drive from the theme parks and not too far from the beaches which are great.

The worst part is that my family and I are still visiting here, not due to leave until a couple days, and I am compelled to write this review right now.

The rooms are not great considering this is a destination resort that only allow "reds" to book. We have a three bedroom, full kitchen, utensils and washer/dryer. It took an act of Congress to get someone in to re-clean the bathrooms due to there being hair on the MB floor. We called the first night we arrived and was told housekeeping was gone (7 p.m.) but a note would be made. Had to call again in the morning around noon because no one came. Later someone comes asking about fire ants in the room which was not our problem. We ended up calling again for the housekeeping and they told us that we turned them away (fire ants??). Eventually, we got a cascade of people into our rooms at the same time looking for this hair in the bathroom with camera phones so they can take pictures of it (none of them spoke English). One woman just picked up a few pieces of hair off the floor and told us "Bon apetite". That was it. We couldn't get it mopped or anything.

The rooms have absolutely no amentities. We must rent DVD players for a fee although every resort allows its owners to check out movies complimentary or a small deposit fee(had I known I would have brought my own). Wifi is only available in the clubhouse where you will sit on a little couch right next to the registration desk while you surf. There are no activities for the children at the resort. Some days they just wanted to hang out and not walk the theme parks and there was nothing there for them beyond the pool, a half size basketball and volleyball court.

I was rudely hassled about a 1.00 daily paper that our account is entitled to have. Went in to get the paper one morning and the manager, Aida, tells me they are only complimentary for diamond owners. I proceed to tell her that I qualify for that and I am curtly told "no, you're not". I was made to stand there for about five minutes while she checked my account and then told that since they couldn't find it I need to get my cards for them to compare accounts. When I arrived back with the cards I was told there was a a booking error (reservations' fault, of course) and I was entitled to a paper after all which would be at my front door from now on. The next morning, the paper wasn't there and I was hassled again by the male manager.

This resort is extremely discouraging on so many levels. If you are an owner that cares about where your money and maintenance fees go toward you will most likely be disappointed. After spending so much money on theme park tickets (which the resort doesn't offer discounted), walking these gigantic parks and visiting special sites you want a place that feels good, is clean, free of insects and this isn't it. We've been in some other Presidential suites and they measure up well enough but this is horrible. If you are simply looking for shelter from the occasional rain and a place to lay your head then this is your place. If you want to feel like your ownership is working for you then you may want to consider doing an RCI exchange or the equivalent for a more accommodating space.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
10  Thank gal13

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Assistant manager Aida Baea & co worker Millie went way beyond what was required to make our stay enjoyable & pleasant..they treated us as if we were part of their family..Your management team should be very proud of them....cant wait to return to ORLANDO BREEZE, but only if the same staff is still there...

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank bigjohn14
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I can only sumize that the four and five star ratings are employee imput. I used my bonus time to view how the reosrt was. I would say just average, I would not invest in a resort which is NOT developed. the only amenity is the pool. The room did not even have a DVD player, you had to go to the office to rent one for $6.99 a day. WiFi is only available at the club house.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2009

This resort is not convenient to all attractions, just Disney.

Want to use the Wi-Fi? You have to go to the clubhouse to do it -- it was not available in the unit. VERY INCONVENIENT!!

The closest Post Office is more than 12 miles away, and other parks are far as well. It is not convenient to the Orlando International Airport (23 miles).

The pool is 3' to 4' deep and small as well as unheated (everyone complained when testing it -- too cold!).

The maintenance staff do not speak English. They were spraying weed killer during pool hours -- right next to the pool.

They (Silverwood) press for you to conserve the towels, but have absolutely no recycling of any kind. All glass, newspapers, and plastic get tossed into the trash.

I had the misfortune of having a window open when the trash collectors came -- AT 4:58 AM!!

The water inside the unit was never hot. I could turn it to full hot and stand under it with no problem. That means the big spa tub was useless. This was after lodging a complaint.

In the Presidential suite where we stayed, the washer and dryer were in the master bathroom, which meant the second guest had to walk through the master bedroom to use it.

There were no shelves or cupboards in the kitchen designed for food storage, just the unit's kitchenware.

I am so glad I didn't buy into this -- waste of money!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank TechWarriors
Reviewed 6 November 2009

The Orlando Breeze Resort was great. Having researched the location before we flew to Orlando from Dallas, we drove right to it. We basically had a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms with a kitchen, dining and living area. (Walmart was up the street so we bought groceries and t-shirts there). It was great. It was very well furnished and cozy with 3 flat screen tv's. It was only a short drive from Disney World. We loved it so much that we wished we had an extra night just to hang out in our room. Our stay was only three nights so we did not get to check out the pool. Disney one day, the beach the next and sight seeing the last. My two teenagers & 7 year old loved it! The only downside was that we could hear all the noise from the folks below us but it was tolerable. Also a great jacuzzi tub!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2009

My daughters and I stayed in the Presidential Unit at Orlando Breeze in June 2008. We were the first occupants so it was such a delight to know that everything was new and not used previously by anyone, sheets, blankets, dishes, etc. The layout was thoughtfully planned, and the decor pleasant. The staff was kind and whenever you saw an employee they immediately asked if there was anything we needed or if they could improve our stay in anyway. The location is great close to everything yet out of the way of daily rush hour traffic. I am an owner of Silverleaf property because I want to be guaranteed a spacious, upscale, non crowded resort type property to enjoy while traveling. The unit is stocked with everything you need other than food. Theres even a washer and dryer in the unit which was real handy to have. If you are looking for glitz & glamour and the trendy crowds & high costs associated with it this is not the place for you. If you want peaceful easy feeling, a warm inviting atmosphere with a great location well worth its money then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank 2003hotbuys
Reviewed 8 January 2009

We own 2 weeks at Orlando Breeze...We love it there...Its a smaller resort and everyone that works there is so friendly...They have a very nice pool, and are building some new units....We stayed our first time there in dec of 07.....and we had a 3 bedroom..it was awesome...clean, big kitchen,washer and dryer in unit....great location to anything...we came back dec 08 and stayed over christmas, and we got to stay in one of the new units, and it was fantasic..the only complaint i have is the floors are not very insulated so try for a top floor unit....otherwise you will hear a heard of cattle constantly.....so if you like being close to the parks but far enough away from the traffic, its a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ckm76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!