The best thing about this resort is its location and that is exactly how they expect to stay in business. It is situated only a short drive from the theme parks and not too far from the beaches which are great.
The worst part is that my family and I are still visiting here, not due to leave until a couple days, and I am compelled to write this review right now.
The rooms are not great considering this is a destination resort that only allow "reds" to book. We have a three bedroom, full kitchen, utensils and washer/dryer. It took an act of Congress to get someone in to re-clean the bathrooms due to there being hair on the MB floor. We called the first night we arrived and was told housekeeping was gone (7 p.m.) but a note would be made. Had to call again in the morning around noon because no one came. Later someone comes asking about fire ants in the room which was not our problem. We ended up calling again for the housekeeping and they told us that we turned them away (fire ants??). Eventually, we got a cascade of people into our rooms at the same time looking for this hair in the bathroom with camera phones so they can take pictures of it (none of them spoke English). One woman just picked up a few pieces of hair off the floor and told us "Bon apetite". That was it. We couldn't get it mopped or anything.
The rooms have absolutely no amentities. We must rent DVD players for a fee although every resort allows its owners to check out movies complimentary or a small deposit fee(had I known I would have brought my own). Wifi is only available in the clubhouse where you will sit on a little couch right next to the registration desk while you surf. There are no activities for the children at the resort. Some days they just wanted to hang out and not walk the theme parks and there was nothing there for them beyond the pool, a half size basketball and volleyball court.
I was rudely hassled about a 1.00 daily paper that our account is entitled to have. Went in to get the paper one morning and the manager, Aida, tells me they are only complimentary for diamond owners. I proceed to tell her that I qualify for that and I am curtly told "no, you're not". I was made to stand there for about five minutes while she checked my account and then told that since they couldn't find it I need to get my cards for them to compare accounts. When I arrived back with the cards I was told there was a a booking error (reservations' fault, of course) and I was entitled to a paper after all which would be at my front door from now on. The next morning, the paper wasn't there and I was hassled again by the male manager.
This resort is extremely discouraging on so many levels. If you are an owner that cares about where your money and maintenance fees go toward you will most likely be disappointed. After spending so much money on theme park tickets (which the resort doesn't offer discounted), walking these gigantic parks and visiting special sites you want a place that feels good, is clean, free of insects and this isn't it. We've been in some other Presidential suites and they measure up well enough but this is horrible. If you are simply looking for shelter from the occasional rain and a place to lay your head then this is your place. If you want to feel like your ownership is working for you then you may want to consider doing an RCI exchange or the equivalent for a more accommodating space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Theme Park Vacation Fun From Walt Disney World(R) Resort to Universal Studios(R) and Universals Islands of Adventure(R). SeaWorld(R) Orlando to LEGOLAND(R) Florida. Orlando Breeze Resort puts you in the heart of a vacation of a lifetime. Orlando is the theme park capital of the world. Whatever your mood, we've got the fun you're looking for. What's more, there are also a wide variety of other family attractions with a local flavor. Smaller theme parks, I-Drive, and dinner shows are popular stops. So is our incredible outlet shopping and great restaurants of every kind. In fact, many top chefs are opening new fine dining experiences in the area. Top golf is almost right on your doorstep. And since we're centrally located, you're only about a 90-minute drive to Florida beaches on either coast. Head east to the Space Coast to hit the surf and visit NASA, or go west to Tampa and the beautiful beaches of Clearwater. Orlando truly offers fun for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando Breeze Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Breeze Hotel Davenport
- Orlando Breeze Resort
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando Breeze Resort Florida/Davenport