“Pleasantly surprised”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 28 October 2010

After reading some of the reviews here I was a little worried about what it was going to be like. As stated in my title above, I found this resort to be just what I wanted. I was looking for a relaxing week and that's what I got. This is a great time to be in Orland, the weather perfect, and not crowded. Staff was all very friendly and accomodating. Carlos at the front desk was great and went out of his way to get us directions and places to go. The room was clean,as was the pool area. We will definately be going there again, actually I can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kato57

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Had read poor reports re. this resort so really worried about what would await us. Shouldn't have worried!! Resort is small and not well situated for Disney/Orlando but perfect for golfers.Quiet with small immaculately clean pool and gardens just off main highway 27. Contact was made welcoming us before our holiday telling us about resort so we had no unpleasant surprises. Our apartment was lovely, beautifully clean and made more welcoming by small touches of generosity - sweeties/toiletries/snacks etc. Although a bit of a pain having to go to the office whenever I wanted to use the computer, staff could not have been more helpful, contacting airport and printing material when necessary. Yes, it's small and very limited amenities but perfect for a peaceful, clean, spacious apartment with fantastically friendly, helpful staff. Thanks for a great 2 weeks.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank golfanatic20
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I do not know what to say on this one..our room was clean check in was fast.
But, there was no much to this quiet Sliver Leaf Resort, it was blah. The setting was bare and the pool was small, the arcade was in a room the size of my walk in closet. There was not much to do there. We stayed down for one night and had to move on with our trip.

We are owners at the Oak and Spruce resort, there was a huge difference between the two. ..Even though the Oak and spruce is by no means the Hilton or the Marriott, ot is a great place to spend a few nights for a cozy getaway.
The Oralndo Breeze was not making the cut, the "big wigs" should go and take a look. Maybe they can get it up to speed.
We probably would not stay there any time soon, even though it was not horrible.
Again, the rooms were big, clean and even ours had been updated but maybe it was the surroundings very "blah" there was a huge lack of landscaping and it was on the highway, with no coverage at all.
It was just weird.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank foursabunch
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Silverleaf has earned quite the bad reputation in my opinion due to dissatisfaction in virtually EVERY aspect of their exsistance with my experiences. The rooms are rundown and in need of repairs at EVERY resort I have ever visited, the customer service usually boils down to "Sorry, I can't do that...", and the salesmen are out and out liars.
This particular trip I was sold a "Presidential 3 room suite" at Orlando Breeze so when I arrive I am in an RV only to find that they do not allow RV parking ANYWHERE on their property. Well, that poses 2 problems for me #1 that is the ONLY vehicle we have brought, and #2 they want me to PAY to park it at the local RV camping place where I will have to pay to park even though I am not camping there :( (Nowhere on the website or brochures do they tell you there is no RV parking.) Luckily, Yasmine- the day manager helped us out by allowing us to park out in the back of the resort in the area where maintenance has some storage pods. Thankyou Yasmine!!!
So... upon entry to our room we are highly distressed at the shape our room is in. Linoleum floors that are peeling up, fixtures hanging hap hazzardly from the ceiling, shower heads that should be artifacts in a museum somewhere, poorly repaired furniture with nails protruding THROUGH THE CUSHONS!! This is Presidential? What freaking president would be staying in this slummy joint? I called Yasmine up and told her surely there was some mistake- um, we are "Presidential" owners... She quickly tells me that all of their rooms are considered presidential because they have 3 bedrooms but only their NEW 2 bedroom suites are upgraded with the tile floors, large tubs, better beds, ect. O_O WHAT?!?! I was sold a three bedroom PRESIDENTIAL that doesn't even EXIST?! Um, I do believe that is bait and switch which happens to be ILLEGAL business practice! If you go to the company website you will notice that the "Presidential" are absolutely pictured as the nicer upgraded rooms- again with false advertisements due to "all of their units being considered "Presidential" at this resort. Another note- the pool is tiny though clean, there are no playgrounds for children. The only things this RESORT- and I use that term VERY loosely, is a volleyball court and basket ball court and the tiny pool and hot tub.
Ok, so needless to say, this IS NOT a place I recommend doing business with. I would stay here only if I could find absolutely nothing better. I would HIGHLY advise you NOT TO BUY ANYTHING from this company.
I am currently in negotiations to change home resorts seems how mine home resort is a complete dump with no 3 bedroom Presidentials- even though they may try and sell you that very thing!
As a last comment- it appears the money that the owners pay for "maintenance" monthly is being spent to build new bulidings in order to be sold to new people. The building that you bought into unfortunately is yours FOREVER, which means all your funds that should be being used to keep your unit nice and up to date is simply being pumped into new sales. Your room will continue to rot. This is a very poorly run business. No money is ever invested back into the older units to keep them up- its all about new sales. BEWARE.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank JadeB74
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The best thing about this resort is its location and that is exactly how they expect to stay in business. It is situated only a short drive from the theme parks and not too far from the beaches which are great.

The worst part is that my family and I are still visiting here, not due to leave until a couple days, and I am compelled to write this review right now.

The rooms are not great considering this is a destination resort that only allow "reds" to book. We have a three bedroom, full kitchen, utensils and washer/dryer. It took an act of Congress to get someone in to re-clean the bathrooms due to there being hair on the MB floor. We called the first night we arrived and was told housekeeping was gone (7 p.m.) but a note would be made. Had to call again in the morning around noon because no one came. Later someone comes asking about fire ants in the room which was not our problem. We ended up calling again for the housekeeping and they told us that we turned them away (fire ants??). Eventually, we got a cascade of people into our rooms at the same time looking for this hair in the bathroom with camera phones so they can take pictures of it (none of them spoke English). One woman just picked up a few pieces of hair off the floor and told us "Bon apetite". That was it. We couldn't get it mopped or anything.

The rooms have absolutely no amentities. We must rent DVD players for a fee although every resort allows its owners to check out movies complimentary or a small deposit fee(had I known I would have brought my own). Wifi is only available in the clubhouse where you will sit on a little couch right next to the registration desk while you surf. There are no activities for the children at the resort. Some days they just wanted to hang out and not walk the theme parks and there was nothing there for them beyond the pool, a half size basketball and volleyball court.

I was rudely hassled about a 1.00 daily paper that our account is entitled to have. Went in to get the paper one morning and the manager, Aida, tells me they are only complimentary for diamond owners. I proceed to tell her that I qualify for that and I am curtly told "no, you're not". I was made to stand there for about five minutes while she checked my account and then told that since they couldn't find it I need to get my cards for them to compare accounts. When I arrived back with the cards I was told there was a a booking error (reservations' fault, of course) and I was entitled to a paper after all which would be at my front door from now on. The next morning, the paper wasn't there and I was hassled again by the male manager.

This resort is extremely discouraging on so many levels. If you are an owner that cares about where your money and maintenance fees go toward you will most likely be disappointed. After spending so much money on theme park tickets (which the resort doesn't offer discounted), walking these gigantic parks and visiting special sites you want a place that feels good, is clean, free of insects and this isn't it. We've been in some other Presidential suites and they measure up well enough but this is horrible. If you are simply looking for shelter from the occasional rain and a place to lay your head then this is your place. If you want to feel like your ownership is working for you then you may want to consider doing an RCI exchange or the equivalent for a more accommodating space.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank gal13
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Assistant manager Aida Baea & co worker Millie went way beyond what was required to make our stay enjoyable & pleasant..they treated us as if we were part of their family..Your management team should be very proud of them....cant wait to return to ORLANDO BREEZE, but only if the same staff is still there...

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank bigjohn14
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I can only sumize that the four and five star ratings are employee imput. I used my bonus time to view how the reosrt was. I would say just average, I would not invest in a resort which is NOT developed. the only amenity is the pool. The room did not even have a DVD player, you had to go to the office to rent one for $6.99 a day. WiFi is only available at the club house.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Cypress Palms
#153 of 340 in Orlando
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!