“Best Tour of Everglades”

Everglades Day Safari
Book In Advance
More Info
US$159.00*
and up
Small-Group Tour: Everglades Adventure Day Trip...
Ranked #1 of 13 Outdoor Activities in Davie
More attraction details
Owner description: The Everglades Day Safari is the only full-day ecotour of the Everglades. Guests are escorted around the Everglades by boat cruise through the mangrove forest, by airboat across the sawgrass prairie and on foot through a cypress swamp. Lunch is provided including alligator appetizers!
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We received a verbal recommendation from an acquaintance that this tour was good. We then booked the tour and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The entire tour was planned well: airboat ride, nature walk and boat cruise.Even the provided lunch was very good. Our tour guide, Jason, was fantastic, filling us with information about the locations we went to as well as eco, animal and plant information. He even safely pulled to the side of a road to retrieve a turtle that was in the middle of the road, and then provided full information about the turtle. We could tell he thoroughly loves what he is doing and his concern for the environment. Driving through the Everglades area was also interesting with information about the panthers and the restoration plan for the Everglades. Timely pick up and return to our hotel included. Had a great time!

1  Thank JimH196
"alligator bites"
in 7 reviews
"baby alligators"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"big cypress"
"saw lots of wildlife"
"oyster house"
"national park"

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We didn't know to expect, read so many reports on so many Everglade tours. So we rang and found a very helpful lady who convinced us this was the tour and a full day tour was the best for us.
She was Soooooo right, Norman pickup us up at Flamingo Gardens and he never stopped talking, his knowledge is unbelievable, his humour so painful :) :). Normans helpfulness and professionalism as a guide is unsurpassed. We enjoyed every minute of his company, the Air boat, the walk in country, the lunch and the boat ride out to Indial key was so much more than we expected, we left feeling that we really did get our monies worth.

Thanks Norman, we highly recommend Everglade Day Safaris and your services to one and all.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I did some research on doing a tour of the Everglades, and I must admit, I didn't find much information about Eco Tours on my search. (My own fault, wasn't searching for the right type of tour). So my initial plan was to go to Sawmill Recreation Park and the Flamingo Gardens. When I realised how much the taxi fare and entrance fee cost, I scrapped the plan. I asked the hotel what would they recommend, and I found a guided tour by Eco Travel.

September is generally off season for most things in Florida, so this tour was discounted at around $130 to $150 for the whole day (Sorry, can't remember the exact cost for September off hand).

I had initially wanted to do the tour on the Friday, but due to my late arrival at the hotel on Thursday, I had missed the opportunity, so I managed (at the last minute) to book the Saturday excursion.

I was picked up at around 7:35am from the hotel by one of the best tour guides I can recall. There were 3 other passengers in the vehicle. For me, this was welcoming, as it meant that the tour was small enough and personal enough to enjoy.

The overall experience was great, it's just a shame I didn't get to see more and different types of wildlife at the Airboat section, but there was enough to make me happy.

This excursion comes highly recommended to anyone, regardless of season.

1  Thank Novicetraveller2009
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My 9 year-old grandson, son-in-law and myself took this tour. It's a bit long, about 9 hours, but it's full of interesting things to see. First part is the best, an hour long airboat ride in the traditional Everglades with lots of alligators to see. Next is driving through different ecosystems of the Glades. Here's where some patience is required, as it's a long drive. But the guide is good and provides a lot of fun and useful information. The lunch in Port Everglades isn't the greatest. Don't get the salad bar! The burgers were good. The boat tour at Port Everglades was good too. The drive back takes you through areas you already saw, but it's a good time to catch a nap. All in all, a good way to see the Everglades and get some once in a lifetime experiences, with good guides.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I went on this tour during our honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. We had Jason as our guide and he was very knowledgeable of the Florida ecosystem. This is a great tour if you want to gain some knowledge and education about Florida's wildlife and its environment. I left the tour knowing a whole lot more about Florida's everglades, history, animals and current environmental efforts. If you want to see almost every animal in Florida, go to a zoo where they're caged up and sleeping. If you want a real life, educational experience of Florida with a nice, knowledgeable and accommodating staff; where you can relax, ask questions, learn and see animals in their natural environment: come here.

The money is well worth spent here. Considering the gas that you would spend driving yourself around the everglades trying to find your next destination with no knowledge of what you are looking at or the animals for that matter,

Our tour guide, Jason, picked us up at our hotel and drove us to our destinations (the air-boat ride and boat tour) while talking to us about the everglades and its animals while stopping to show us different animals and other things along the way. He has an eagle eye too, he would pull over and show us animals, as well as alligators, that we would have never even noticed while driving. The staff is very nice and we felt very comfortable around everyone there.

I can only speak for myself and what my wife told me, but we really enjoyed it and we recommend it to those who want an easy, cheap, comfortable and educational tour of the everglades.

EDSGator, Manager at Everglades Day Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for the 5-star review and the great assessment of Adam and his guiding expertise. We're quite fortunate to have him as are the guests he takes to the Everglades.