“Fantastic Everglades tour”

and up
Small-Group Tour: Everglades Adventure Day Trip from Ft Lauderdale
Ranked #1 of 12 Outdoor Activities in Davie
More attraction details
Owner description: The Everglades Day Safari is the only full-day ecotour of the Everglades. Guests are escorted around the Everglades by boat cruise through the mangrove forest, by airboat across the sawgrass prairie and on foot through a cypress swamp. Lunch is provided including alligator appetizers!
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Everglades tour”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

about the Everglades, its flora and fauna and also Florida but it was never boring. We saw a huge amount of wildlife (including a cottonmouth), and because it was a small bus you felt that it was a very personal tour (we were extra lucky because our group were the only group on the bus)

I would thoroughly recommend this tour to anyone wishing to experience the Everglades but not sure how to do it.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank OzyRichard

Genoa, Illinois, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Day trip in the Everglades.”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Jason was our tour guide and he was excellent. He everything about the Everglades. That included animals and plants. He answered all our questions.

Visited October 2013
Middleburg, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Tour of Everglades”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We received a verbal recommendation from an acquaintance that this tour was good. We then booked the tour and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The entire tour was planned well: airboat ride, nature walk and boat cruise.Even the provided lunch was very good. Our tour guide, Jason, was fantastic, filling us with information about the locations we went to as well as eco, animal and plant information. He even safely pulled to the side of a road to retrieve a turtle that was in the middle of the road, and then provided full information about the turtle. We could tell he thoroughly loves what he is doing and his concern for the environment. Driving through the Everglades area was also interesting with information about the panthers and the restoration plan for the Everglades. Timely pick up and return to our hotel included. Had a great time!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JimH196
Bunbury, Australia
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Fantasic Day, Fantastic Guide, Great Tour”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We didn't know to expect, read so many reports on so many Everglade tours. So we rang and found a very helpful lady who convinced us this was the tour and a full day tour was the best for us.
She was Soooooo right, Norman pickup us up at Flamingo Gardens and he never stopped talking, his knowledge is unbelievable, his humour so painful :) :). Normans helpfulness and professionalism as a guide is unsurpassed. We enjoyed every minute of his company, the Air boat, the walk in country, the lunch and the boat ride out to Indial key was so much more than we expected, we left feeling that we really did get our monies worth.

Thanks Norman, we highly recommend Everglade Day Safaris and your services to one and all.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour, even during the off-season!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I did some research on doing a tour of the Everglades, and I must admit, I didn't find much information about Eco Tours on my search. (My own fault, wasn't searching for the right type of tour). So my initial plan was to go to Sawmill Recreation Park and the Flamingo Gardens. When I realised how much the taxi fare and entrance fee cost, I scrapped the plan. I asked the hotel what would they recommend, and I found a guided tour by Eco Travel.

September is generally off season for most things in Florida, so this tour was discounted at around $130 to $150 for the whole day (Sorry, can't remember the exact cost for September off hand).

I had initially wanted to do the tour on the Friday, but due to my late arrival at the hotel on Thursday, I had missed the opportunity, so I managed (at the last minute) to book the Saturday excursion.

I was picked up at around 7:35am from the hotel by one of the best tour guides I can recall. There were 3 other passengers in the vehicle. For me, this was welcoming, as it meant that the tour was small enough and personal enough to enjoy.

The overall experience was great, it's just a shame I didn't get to see more and different types of wildlife at the Airboat section, but there was enough to make me happy.

This excursion comes highly recommended to anyone, regardless of season.

Visited September 2013